Author Topic: Off-field coup brewing: Barrett  (Read 25767 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Off-field coup brewing: Barrett
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2016, 10:58:16 AM »
Ok so we have some factions forming...Old Xaverians, Thomastown mobsters and the current board.  Jon Anderson sounds scared and confused LOL
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2016, 10:58:46 AM »
Next thing will be that the club will try and discredit Russo and those involved in the Coup
Watch this space

wouldnt be the first time. we need stability Jack thats what we need etc etc.

I wonder if the ones who scoffed at him 6 months ago will now change their mind about the current board especially the 2 clowns at the top
what one thinks of russo has nothing to do with what they think of the current board.

just because someone thinks Russo offered nothing, is not an endorsement of the current board.

Only a simpleton would link the two things together in the belief that not endorsing one is an automatic endorsement of the other.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:28:56 PM by one-eyed »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond board challenge, online petition closed down after excess number of signatures obtained

Tom Morris and Tiarne Swerksy
Foxsports
4 August 2016

AN ONLINE petition created to drive change at Richmond board level has been closed down, after the number of signatures obtained significantly exceeded the amount required to call an Extraordinary General Meeting.

At least 1000 Richmond members and supporters signed the petition — well in excess of the 100 signatures needed to call an EGM and 200 to attend it.

According to a statement on the now closed website, the petition “achieved what we wanted”, with the focus subsequently shifting to identifying a “group that is serious about challenging for positions on the board”.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the website, known as the ‘Richmond Rollercoaster Ride to Nowhere’, was set up as a contingency plan should an EGM be required.

But after significantly exceeding expectations, it is believed there was no need to continue with the petition.

The group of prominent figures seeking to enact change at board level will ask the club for a civil transition. But in the event of president Peggy O’Neal refusing the request, an EGM appears the most likely option, albeit not the group’s preferred scenario.

Many of the challengers involved with enacting change met again on Wednesday evening.

On Wednesday, Fairfax Media reported that a group of Richmond-affiliated figureheads were planning a “bloodless coup” targeting key board members, including O’Neal — who has served on the board since November 2005.

After three straight elimination finals exits, a disappointing 2016 campaign and the extension of Damien Hardwick’s contract, the online petition was adamant an evolution was needed at Tigerland.

“The idea of the Richmond Rollercoaster was to build support to call for much needed changes to the board of the Richmond Football Club,” a statement on the website said.

“This was not about one particular person, it was about starting the conversations and encouraging the right Richmond people to come forward to lead the Richmond Football Club and put an end to the rollercoaster ride we have endured for too long.

“Thank you to everyone who has been involved in the Richmond Rollercoaster, it has achieved what we wanted. Now we hope there will be an alternative to provide Richmond members with a choice to regenerate the Richmond Football Club.”

Before the website was shut down, it detailed the reasons for change.

“The on-field performance in the last four seasons is that of a club lacking in direction. It’s time the entire club had a more stable foundation rather than this rollercoaster we have every year,” it read.

“Change is urgently needed and with your continued support we will soon have the right people in place to lead the Richmond Football Club to success.

“It is important that we continue to build the momentum and push for change … We’re on track to get the right people, the best qualified people, to come forward to lead the Richmond Football Club.”

It has also been reported that Leon Davies — an IT executive and prominent Richmond supporter — is a key part of the planned board coup.

Davies tweeted out a link to the petition last month, throwing his support behind the campaign for change at Tigerland.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmond-board-challenge-trigger-reached-after-online-petition-obtains-excess-number-of-signatures/news-story/4b61fa813aa9f6919cf37016be4c92b1

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2016, 02:17:51 PM »
Peggy forcing an EGM is the real spiller of blood.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond rebels cut ties with Russo (Age)
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2016, 02:54:34 PM »
Richmond rebels cut ties with Russo

CAROLINE WILSON
The Age
4 August 2016

​Joe Russo has withdrawn from the group of high profile Richmond supporters still planning to force a challenge to Peggy O'Neal's board.

Russo met the group of Wednesday night where it was mutually agreed that his involvement would prove detrimental to the group's plans as they work towards a meeting with club leaders over the coming weeks.

Russo, whose close ties to Mick Gatto's business partner and underworld associate John Khoury were revealed by Fairfax Media, on Wednesday night met the group, which included Stephen Mandie and Damien Silk.

Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale has recently terminated a sponsorship agreement between the property developer Russo and the Tigers VFL team, which was worth $150,000 a year to the club. Gale wrote to the Caydon Developments boss before Russo's role in the potential board challenge was revealed by Fairfax Media.

Despite multiple sources confirming that he has used Khoury as a consultant, Russo dismissed this, saying his association with Khoury stemmed from a childhood relationship.

Former Richmond orthopaedic surgeon Hayden Morris and investment advisor Peter Capp and are also understood to be considering a role in what the group hopes will prove a peaceful challenge to some long-standing board members.

While Peggy O'Neal, who is up for re-election this year, has indicated she plans to stand for another term another long-stime director, John Mathies, is expected to step aside after 12 years.

It has also emerged that the Richmond board nominations committee, whom Russo refused to meet when he challenged for the board last year, has changed its regulatory structure.

When established, the committee consisted of three external consultants and one club director. Now the committee includes three current directors - O'Neal, Rob Dalton and Kerry Ryan - along with former Gemba director and the co-founder of Unscripted.com Ben Crowe.

Under the committee rules, O'Neal and Ryan who are up for re-election this year, must both step down from the committee at the end of October.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-2016-richmond-rebels-cut-ties-with-developer-joe-russo-20160804-gqkvdf.html

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2016, 04:03:22 PM »
Well done caro.  Who she gonna target next?  The surgeon or the investor?
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2016, 04:27:19 PM »
Richmond board aspirant Joe Russo defends relationship with alleged underworld figure

Jon Anderson
Herald Sun
4 August, 2016, an hour ago

PROPERTY developer Joe Russo has withdrawn from his foreshadowed Richmond board challenge.

“I won’t be proceeding any further,” Russo said today. “I don’t want to hurt the credible people who are trying to get a ticket together.

“I’m speaking about the Mandies, the Silks, the Ralphs, Peter Capp and Hayden Morris, who are all talking about a ticket and I don’t want to damage that ticket.

“I will always be a Tiger man and only hope that one day we will win a premiership. All I want is to see the club become a powerhouse again. That was always my intention.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-board-aspirant-joe-russo-defends-relationship-with-alleged-underworld-figure/news-story/4e65315ecd96548b01d54f39e843fae4

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2016, 04:29:52 PM »
Snip! Discuss the issue without the personal insults ppl.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2016, 05:46:46 PM »
Shame.  Russo could have given an a grader or 2 a property deal they couldn't refuse. 
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2016, 06:02:35 PM »
Great news  :clapping

Now for some serious change
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2016, 06:04:49 PM »
or some concrete boots to play in if they did refuse
Lots of people name their swords......

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's