Author Topic: I'm over it! Lets stick together  (Read 4204 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: I'm over it! Lets stick together
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 01:26:41 AM »
Joel Bowden - play him back, and leave him there.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO OH PLEASE GOD NO!!!!
Drop him, delist him, retire him, or in absolute worst case play him in the forward line, but don't play him as a defender EVER AGAIN!.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 06:26:25 AM »

Drop him, delist him, retire him, or in absolute worst case play him in the forward line, but don't play him as a defender EVER AGAIN!.
Reminder: 44 possesions and from what i seen thet were not all junk but run and carry up the groung taking defenders on!

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 06:27:45 AM »
I am coming back to Australia in a couple of weeks time :thumbsup and will be there supporting the Tigers through thick and thin .... unconditionally!!! I have been away for several years and paid my membership (player sponsor) each year even though I couldn't go to a single game!! ;D
The club selected TW, gave him and his support coaches the responsibility to succeed, they now need to stand by that decision.
I listened to Mick Malthouse on Sunday (Australian Channel) and he made a lot of sense  .... maybe someone with his experience, knowledge and ability to get the very best out of people is exactly what we need. :pray
You know the more I think of it the more I reflect on a comment one of my sons mates made (he is a current Tiger player and absolutely committed to making the Tigers a success), "I wasn't approached by anyone from Richmond for 3 years playing juniors, it was only when the draft was on that they approached me and the thing they focused on was my results at the draft camp. I do not believe they had seen me play apart from the promotional video that was prepared by my manager!!" ??? ???
We have to improve our knowledge of the capabilities of all prospective players, we simply appear to not do enough homework off season.
My pennies worth guys. :gotigers
Good on ya! Thats what support is all about!  :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 07:18:36 AM »
Thanks Moi. Just my luck back im Melbourne on the 2nd of May and guess what .... we are playing in Sydney ??? ??? ???

Looks like a day in front of the TV  :lol

I am heading up to Sydney  :thumbsup

:help

:lol :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 07:58:04 AM »
I'm over all this! Its enough of the told you so crap!I am disgusted that some people seem to be revelling in the failure of our team to win a game so far just because they hate Terry Wallace! I joined this site as i like to seek solace/ revel with fellowTiger supporters. Instead the topics are just a slanging match that success would probably not stop! Why can't we stick together and get behind our club when they need us most?

Yep, your right, Terry Wallace is a fantastic coach and deserves another 5 years contract. Instead of the $600,000 a year, he should get $750,000 for the next 5 years, Also give his side kicks Royal and King another 5 years also. ::)
Play Jordy each week as well. :banghead :banghead.
mate, I dislike Terry Wallace why ? As I can see through him, he has ruined OUR football club. With the Gold Coast getting priority picks soon, we will never climb the ladder unless hard decisions are made NOW,

And your solution is Wayne Campbell. The softest player ever to wear the yellow and black. They'll be replaying his humiliating chick slap on Libba every week to get opposition teams fired up. 

according to jack, campbell is exactly the same as clarkson.

No idea

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 08:05:58 AM »
until wayne campbell coaches , no one knows what he is like

no one can say he useless as a coach coach you dont know

we should trade deledio

Tigermonk

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 08:38:23 AM »
until wayne campbell coaches , no one knows what he is like

no one can say he useless as a coach coach you dont know

we should trade deledio

your a nutcase trade Deledio, What you going to trade your best & fairest each year & keep the types of Foley get stuffin serious

Tigermonk

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 08:45:31 AM »

And your solution is Wayne Campbell. The softest player ever to wear the yellow and black. They'll be replaying his humiliating chick slap on Libba every week to get opposition teams fired up. 

why would clubs show such a video l dont think so, his been out of the game that long now it would benefit no-one. Clubs have much more video to use against Richmond like when your leaving the game  ;D  :cheers

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 08:48:37 AM »

Reminder: 44 possesions and from what i seen thet were not all junk but run and carry up the groung taking defenders on!

Yeh I am not the biggest fan of his chipping sideways possession harvesting crap, but I thought last weekend he actually went forward with his possessions.  As long as he plays like last weekend, I reckon kick out McMahon and leave Bowden in the back line. 

Tigermonk

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 08:53:54 AM »

The point here is is that we are having too many possies in the back half of the ground,  while the opposition has ample time to push back to man up thier own 50 metre defence even getting thier forwards back to block our forwards 2 on 1. Thats the coaches fault for letting it happen if l was coaching all them type of players would be out playing for clubs they came from. And not laying all the blame on the coaches the players should know better than to do that & push opposition teams back, its so dumb what they do even kids games are more balanced these days

Watch the game better  ;D you can see how teams are getting 2 back on Richo all the time because our going forward is so slow you could go to the bar get a drink & miss no action cause Richmond are so predictable they aint changed in years

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 08:57:37 AM »

Melbourne didn't give him an opponent for a reason you know, he's not damaging with his disposals. Just like that Port Adelaide match last year when he had a simiar game, Williams didn't play anyone on him either. We won that one and his fans thought he was brilliant, but he was still the one holding up the game and getting Port back into the game. We lost against Melbourne, so clearly a standout game like that meant sweet FA in the scheme of things. Loose man in defence is the only position Bowden can effectively play, because it suits his unaccountable, selfish game, that's why he's crap everywhere else and Wallace has to resort to playing him back again to let him get a bloody touch. I'm sorry, but he's 30 and not part of our next generation of success and he has nothing to teach the kids, get him out of the side.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 09:23:09 AM »
By the way good thread GR12  :thumbsup and good comments guys and gals  :thumbsup

I am steeling myself for my annual live game of footy at the SCG and regardless of how I am on the inside I will be supporting the boys fully and giving it to the dumb rs red and white dropkicks.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 01:11:42 PM by Chuck17 »

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 09:58:19 AM »
Bowden was good IMO on Sunday he was going straight and long at times and most to good effect. Not the biggest wrap for Joel but he was OK Sunday.
McMahon on the other hand was doing 'only just' 10 metre passes to players under pressure.
He is pitiful.
I have said on Bowden I think it is time to move on but if he remains should stay down back or nowhere.
Players in their best possies atm and when JB is going OK it is down back.

Tigermonk

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 11:19:35 AM »
Bowden was good IMO on Sunday he was going straight and long at times and most to good effect. Not the biggest wrap for Joel but he was OK Sunday.
McMahon on the other hand was doing 'only just' 10 metre passes to players under pressure.
He is pitiful.
I have said on Bowden I think it is time to move on but if he remains should stay down back or nowhere.
Players in their best possies atm and when JB is going OK it is down back.

agreed Joel plays down back best cause he has control. But kicking it short will never win games of football in this era. The pace of the game & fitness of the players enable them to get back much quicker, (example) flooding much easier. We need to move the ball long & quickly to forwards like Richo & Shulzs & save them energy instead of having them leading & then not being honored them fast leads, having to do several more fatigues them quickly in todays game. Its the coach who is giving the players instructions to chip it around otherwise it would have been out of the gameplan after Frawley left. We turn the ball over in our backline because of overuse of the football & allowing oposition to get back giving our forwards limited room to lead pushing them deep into pockets requiring them to use another possie to set up goal or take a harder shot on goal
stuff if l can see that & l have coached most levels of football, then why cant players follow simple instructions & why cant the coach & coaching staff instruct a differnet gameplan & change the pattern. l can sit there & watch Richmond & predict their moves so easy its the same each week. If l was coaching against them l would have more time to spend with my family cause they are so predictable. Grant Thomas even mentioned this once,  His aying it because Richmond need to take note of what people around them are saying but its not happening as l said you cant coach that type of football in todays game we get flogged every week till someone down there realizes slow football in a fast game is doomed.
l'm a huge Bowden fan as everyone here knows, but Joel should know this himself & needs to move the ball longer & quicker overwise he may well pack his bags & go play elsewhere outside AFL. Also this slow pace does not suit players who have arrived at the club & will damage them. Cousins & Cotchin will drop off because they will be moving the ball too quickly & again is why we are failing cause we are used to slow football, Its the reason our players look rushed & make simple mistakes cause they train that way & when they get out in the game the pace is faster than they are used too. It dont take much to really work it out. Any level coach or hard supporter can see it plain as day. Thats why our assistant coaches need to go.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 01:29:31 PM »
Decent post TM, I agree with a fair part of it.

The players and coaches can turn all this crap around very quickly by changing 1 basic thing - attack, don't defend - and here's the context I mean that in:

The one thing that is glaringly obvious to me is that our first, instinctive reaction both as an individual and as a team, is to stop, look up, assess and then react with caution.  It doesn't matter if we have possession or the opposition do, every single action on field is based around this response.  While this might sound good when read from the coaches manual it has only one possible outcome - reduce the pressure on the opposition and increase it on yourselves.  Just by reversing this single action we would be fundamentally improving the performance, spectacle and result of each match.  When they have the ball, run at them, harass them, never ever zone off, reduce their available reaction time.  And when we have the ball the exact same thing applies - run at them, take them on, take away their time to regroup, kick forward before they have time to zone, keep them moving backwards all the time.

Give the team a safety net so they apply this with confidence - excuse every single attacking mistake, condemn every single defensive one.  Give the team 100% support in every attacking attempt they make, succeed or fail.  Simplify the game plan to this one basic tenet and then implement a few plays around it.  Let the match evolve around the instincts of the players rather than the robotics of the 'book'.

Everyone might just be amazed at how quickly this dysfunctional list of 'recruiting blunders' and coaching 'dead men' could turn their collective season and fortunes around by simplifying.  We all know the KISS principal - there has never been a more appropriate time in our recent history to apply it on field.