Author Topic: I'm over it! Lets stick together  (Read 4312 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I'm over it! Lets stick together
« on: April 20, 2009, 09:03:13 PM »
I'm over all this! Its enough of the told you so crap!I am disgusted that some people seem to be revelling in the failure of our team to win a game so far just because they hate Terry Wallace! I joined this site as i like to seek solace/ revel with fellowTiger supporters. Instead the topics are just a slanging match that success would probably not stop! Why can't we stick together and get behind our club when they need us most?

Jackstar is back

Re: I'm over it! Lets stick together
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 09:18:27 PM »
I'm over all this! Its enough of the told you so crap!I am disgusted that some people seem to be revelling in the failure of our team to win a game so far just because they hate Terry Wallace! I joined this site as i like to seek solace/ revel with fellowTiger supporters. Instead the topics are just a slanging match that success would probably not stop! Why can't we stick together and get behind our club when they need us most?

Yep, your right, Terry Wallace is a fantastic coach and deserves another 5 years contract. Instead of the $600,000 a year, he should get $750,000 for the next 5 years, Also give his side kicks Royal and King another 5 years also. ::)
Play Jordy each week as well. :banghead :banghead.
mate, I dislike Terry Wallace why ? As I can see through him, he has ruined OUR football club. With the Gold Coast getting priority picks soon, we will never climb the ladder unless hard decisions are made NOW,

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 09:27:15 PM »
The above is example no.1, i expect no.2 soon! I never suggested an extension of contract, just some loyalty.

Moi

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 09:28:19 PM »
The above is example no.1, i expect no.2 soon! I never suggested an extension of contract, just some loyalty.
You're wasting your breath on Jack, Go Richo, but I agree wholeheartedly with you  :clapping

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 09:31:05 PM »
You're wasting your breath on Jack, Go Richo, but I agree wholeheartedly with you  :clapping
Thanks Moi, i think that yourself and a few others are a dying breed, unfortunately. :)

Moi

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 09:36:38 PM »
Thanks Moi, i think that yourself and a few others are a dying breed, unfortunately. :)
I agree.  I was looking at Bigfooty this arvo and some bloke put conditions on his support for the club.  "Like, if you don't do what I want I'm not going to any more games"  ::)  Well, as far as I'm concerned, don't go, the club needs people who support them unconditionally.  Voice your concerns, get mad, get angry, but do it in a way that's beneficial to the club, not harming it.
I've been on message boards for about 10 years now and some of the crap is unbelievable  :banghead

:gotigers

Jackstar is back

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 09:39:10 PM »
Yep, and there will be 15,000 attending by round 19 ::)

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 09:43:39 PM »
I agree.  I was looking at Bigfooty this arvo and some bloke put conditions on his support for the club.  "Like, if you don't do what I want I'm not going to any more games"  ::)  Well, as far as I'm concerned, don't go, the club needs people who support them unconditionally.  Voice your concerns, get mad, get angry, but do it in a way that's beneficial to the club, not harming it.
I've been on message boards for about 10 years now and some of the crap is unbelievable  :banghead

Lets have more like you on this thread, its why i started it! For us true supporters!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 09:54:57 PM »
Yep, your right, Terry Wallace is a fantastic coach and deserves another 5 years contract. Instead of the $600,000 a year, he should get $750,000 for the next 5 years, Also give his side kicks Royal and King another 5 years also. ::)
mate, I dislike Terry Wallace why ? As I can see through him, he has ruined OUR football club. With the Gold Coast getting priority picks soon, we will never climb the ladder unless hard decisions are made NOW,

Struth give it a rest Jack ... do you have to hi-jack every bloody thread with your tirades against the RFC? Because whether you realise it or even want to acknowledge it your constant moaning, sooking and on going bagging of TWallace is a kick in the guts to the RFC ... Seriously.

Anywhere in GR12's initial post was there a mention of a contract extension, that TW was a great coach?

There was none but you had to again turn it in to TW bag feast because you cannot help yourself....

Whatever.....

I'm with ya... my support of this club has always been and will continue to be unconditional

And I reckon sadly if we were to have success people would still not be happy.

What I find staggering is there are people who want us to fail this season because it means Wallace goes. Their greatest fear I have no doubt was/is us making finals ... heaven forbid if that happened and Wallace stays.

Now they are actually getting what they want, losses and they still are not happy

Which makes one ask what the hell do they want exactly :-\

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerRocket

• Future Richmond star
  • Tigers 4 Ever
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 10:28:25 PM »
I am coming back to Australia in a couple of weeks time :thumbsup and will be there supporting the Tigers through thick and thin .... unconditionally!!! I have been away for several years and paid my membership (player sponsor) each year even though I couldn't go to a single game!! ;D
The club selected TW, gave him and his support coaches the responsibility to succeed, they now need to stand by that decision.
I listened to Mick Malthouse on Sunday (Australian Channel) and he made a lot of sense  .... maybe someone with his experience, knowledge and ability to get the very best out of people is exactly what we need. :pray
You know the more I think of it the more I reflect on a comment one of my sons mates made (he is a current Tiger player and absolutely committed to making the Tigers a success), "I wasn't approached by anyone from Richmond for 3 years playing juniors, it was only when the draft was on that they approached me and the thing they focused on was my results at the draft camp. I do not believe they had seen me play apart from the promotional video that was prepared by my manager!!" ??? ???
We have to improve our knowledge of the capabilities of all prospective players, we simply appear to not do enough homework off season.
My pennies worth guys. :gotigers

Moi

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 10:36:52 PM »
I am coming back to Australia in a couple of weeks time :thumbsup and will be there supporting the Tigers through thick and thin .... unconditionally!!! I have been away for several years and paid my membership (player sponsor) each year even though I couldn't go to a single game!! ;D
The club selected TW, gave him and his support coaches the responsibility to succeed, they now need to stand by that decision.
I listened to Mick Malthouse on Sunday (Australian Channel) and he made a lot of sense  .... maybe someone with his experience, knowledge and ability to get the very best out of people is exactly what we need. :pray
You know the more I think of it the more I reflect on a comment one of my sons mates made (he is a current Tiger player and absolutely committed to making the Tigers a success), "I wasn't approached by anyone from Richmond for 3 years playing juniors, it was only when the draft was on that they approached me and the thing they focused on was my results at the draft camp. I do not believe they had seen me play apart from the promotional video that was prepared by my manager!!" ??? ???
We have to improve our knowledge of the capabilities of all prospective players, we simply appear to not do enough homework off season.
My pennies worth guys. :gotigers
I think they're relevant points.
The bit about the promotional video sounds true.  I remember seeing the Krakouer tape when I was friends with one of the directors, and I reckon that's all they saw of him.  I don't think we've had the recruiting resources like other clubs and we've been miles behind as a result.
Sponsored a player myself.
good on you for your support even though you don't go and see games  :thumbsup

Offline TigerRocket

• Future Richmond star
  • Tigers 4 Ever
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 10:40:57 PM »
Thanks Moi. Just my luck back im Melbourne on the 2nd of May and guess what .... we are playing in Sydney ??? ??? ???

Looks like a day in front of the TV  :lol

Moi

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 10:46:10 PM »
Thanks Moi. Just my luck back im Melbourne on the 2nd of May and guess what .... we are playing in Sydney ??? ??? ???

Looks like a day in front of the TV  :lol
To be honest, you might have saved yourself some real pain  :rollin

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 11:26:46 PM »

And your solution is Wayne Campbell. The softest player ever to wear the yellow and black. They'll be replaying his humiliating chick slap on Libba every week to get opposition teams fired up. 

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 12:26:20 AM »
sick of this 'joke' too.

4 matches in and our season is over??? for some people???

supporters, the media, the rumors ...

Terry stays untill the end, he leave mid-season, etc etc ...

does not help Richmond and Terry at all ...

i personally think, this pressure and talk and this and that is hurting Richmond.

i've been to three matches, all but the Geelong match to which we played 'ok'.

so i've seen the worst of us so far.

and to me, the body language of the players is low, and confidence is very low.

i kept thinking '04 and '07 during the Melbourne match.

and personally, it really hurts, i love Richmond too much.

i get really 'cut-up' at people i know, who don't know AFL or anything, and say 'Richmond are s***t'

the stero-type Richmond. we probably deserve that, and i can see why, but hearing our own Yellow and Black supporters saying what they say, is very disappointing.

look ...

i predicted Richmond to only win 8 matches in '09, in fact 13th.

Melbourne's loss to me was more the players confidence.

that match we had penciled in a 'win'. and it didn't happen.

honestly, do we really know if its Terry or The Players???

i will admit that, our game plan does not suit us and our forward line is a massive problem!

thats Terry's fault.

however, The Players are out there for under 120 minutes in the match!

and i see 'no-heart'.

know ... my turn to have a b*tch!!! about the players, and where i think they are at!!!

Nathan Brown - ever since that broken leg, its be a bad story, not his fault, a talented player, however, over paid, and needs to be shown the door. Nathan, you are set for life (we think) with your 'BlackBryd', focus on that and give football up. or at least tell Terry, to open the forward line and crum, crum, crum, crum, crum the football. not try to hit you on the chest at 180 cm on a 185 cm defender! our skills aren't good remember!!!

Troy Simmonds - getting slow.

Matthew Richardson - DO NOT STOP! DO NOT QUIT! KEEP PLAYING. who cares if he is 34. yes, he is our best player at '34' and it is shocking, but no need to retire him, is there???

Kane Johnson - a lot of supporters 'hate', this knee injury might finish him!

Ben Cousins - we just got him!

Joel Bowden - play him back, and leave him there.

now ...

Shane Tuck - fantastic in '05 and second half of '08. why? because he would get the football and kick long! now, he has stopped. game plan or not, he just gets the football in contested situations, and goes to ground! YES, we need a tough player to get it out, but after that, he is an liability! i can't remember when he has brust through a pack, run through the lines. Tuck for me, should be gone! he is wasting space. sorry Tuck, prove me wrong!

Jordan McMahon - why? why? why? why? skills? his run? what about his chasing players, tackling, sheparding??? nothing, no one percenters??? the girl at Richmond. Delist! or give him to Gold Coast! sorry Jordan!

Daniel Jackson - still young, but where is his best position??? Tagging??? you have end of '09 to prove us wrong ...

in fact everyone, has the end of '09 to prove us wrong!!!

Mitch Morton - can you please chase harder! tackle at least!

Jack Riewoldt - stay deeper in the forward line and work on your kicking!

Jay Schulz - you have been a disappointment!

Richard Tambling - stop crying over the '04 draft! Richard, that Brisbane match last year! bring that form back!

Chris Newman - you go quiet in matches we need you the most. on sunday you looked like you didn't want to be on the ground. you are better then that!

Tom Hislop - you are joking me Richmond, you drafted him. can't kick, can't mark, seriously. sorry Tom.

i could go through the whole list ...

i don't want to go to matches knowing we aren't going to win, because we are 'worried about Terry staying or going'

its up to you players! bloo*y believe, believe in yourself!

finals in not out of the question!!!

13/9 will make it ...

5 more losses and its over!!!

try try try try try try, believe, believe, believe.

and Terry ... do you really want it to end it as a 'joke'???

because it is heading towards that ... and that, is the problem with Richmond.

Terry probably is the problem, like i said before, but do you really think he is doing this to Richmond to p*ss Richmond people off???

the Players are a disgrace if they say 'we don't want to play under Terry'.

120 minutes, 120 minutes, 120 minutes!!! on match day - do the players come together and say, "lets get Terry sacked???"

Brett Deledio - you know what people, he is not what you think he is! does he chase? have you seen him chase a player with his pace? have you seen him tackle? have you seen him do any one percenters??? do you see him talking on the ground???

what i see is him getting easy touches and looking 'flashy' around the ground. he can kick, he can mark, he has pace. what is his problem??? Brett, you aren't a Star! you have the power of Richmond's future in your hands!

the way Brett Deledio plays, is how Richmond play!

Brett, you play with 'passion' and Richmond will play with 'passion'

you take the match on, Richmond will take the match on!!!

80+ matches Brett, and now Richmond are back to how you entered it!

its not your fault, but you have 'the power and talent' to singly guide Richmond to success! (as well as many other players)

:)

Trent Cotchin ... is our midfield in years to come!