Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo  (Read 95847 times)

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2020, 10:46:05 AM »
Yeah we're not getting a first rounder for a kid who went at pick 20 three years ago and has only played one game of AFL so far, regardless of potential or position... :shh

I'm glad you are not in charge of our recruiting Diode.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2020, 01:25:07 PM »
What -  do you think it's like when GWS traded Boyd to the Dogs or something? LMAO :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2020, 04:11:58 PM »
Interest in Castagna from both St Kilda and Carlton.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2020, 04:21:59 PM »
Talented ruck/forward in his early 20s, a couple of years of development on an AFL list and at a top side at state level already under his wings plus a decade of footy ahead of him. He's not some dime a dozen flanker. We risked a decent 2nd rounder to draft him when he was a raw teen. He's worth a top 1st rounder now. Other clubs would kill to have him as his type & talent are hard to find.

This year's draft is heavily compromised too so picks are worth less than usual. If Adelaide want him then pay up.

They can try to pay up but we need to say no thanks...must keep!

So let me get this straight Machine

You wouldn’t take pick 1 for him ???

Dunno what’s in your water , but I gotta get me some

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2020, 04:37:30 PM »
Would Lachie Hunter be getable from the Doggies?
Would he have a spot in our side?
And what’s he worth?

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2020, 05:05:09 PM »
I think Hunter would be a good get for us. Hed be really good playing on a wing at the MCG.
I also like Hunter Clark from St Kilda and I still think Adam Cerra from Fremantle will be a good player.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2020, 07:02:09 PM »
According to Big Footy Richmond's main snout Tiger 71 (who I don't really rate but anyway) Adelaide, Wobbles & GWS all going "super hard" for CCJ and "strong noise" about Pickett back to Freo possibly to help us get Cerra.... :shh

Same bloke now reckons Cerra's not happening but now teasing that we're heavily into a "contracted player" who wants to come and "will set us up for years" and would "produce massive salt from oppo supporters if we pull it off" or something like that....says he'll reveal all in the next BF tigercast podcast...sounds like a bit of a wank to me and he's pulled this stunt before... but anyway...we'll see... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2020, 07:14:17 PM »
Talented ruck/forward in his early 20s, a couple of years of development on an AFL list and at a top side at state level already under his wings plus a decade of footy ahead of him. He's not some dime a dozen flanker. We risked a decent 2nd rounder to draft him when he was a raw teen. He's worth a top 1st rounder now. Other clubs would kill to have him as his type & talent are hard to find.

This year's draft is heavily compromised too so picks are worth less than usual. If Adelaide want him then pay up.

They can try to pay up but we need to say no thanks...must keep!

So let me get this straight Machine

You wouldn’t take pick 1 for him ???

Dunno what’s in your water , but I gotta get me some

Me thinks pick 1 would never be on the table so no need to drink my water :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Essendon and Adelaide keen on premiership Tiger Jack Graham (Age)
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2020, 03:24:56 PM »
Essendon and Adelaide keen on premiership Tiger Jack Graham

By Jake Niall
The Age
August 19, 2020

Essendon are among the clubs with a strong interest in Richmond's 2017 premiership hero and midfielder Jack Graham.

Graham, 22, is out of contract and of interest to a number of teams, with Adelaide another that has some interest in the South Australian.

Key Essendon figures – next year's senior coach Ben Rutten, assistant Blake Caracella and football boss Dan Richardson – have a relationship with Graham from their period together at Richmond. Caracella is the most recent to join the Bombers over summer after playing an important role in Richmond's 2017 and 2019 flags.

The Dons have a need for an inside midfielder and Graham would fit that bill, although at 181 centimetres, he is not the big body that the Bombers arguably lack.

Graham is one of the relatively small contingent of Tigers who are not contracted for 2021. All told, Richmond have 31 players signed from their playing list, with Toby Nankervis among the other players without a deal.

Richmond are one of the clubs with a very high percentage of players signed, despite the freeze of contracts that was only recently lifted. Collingwood have 30 players signed for 2021 or beyond, while Gold Coast have 38 but with an enlarged playing list.

Graham has played in seven of the Tigers' 12 matches in this shortened season, having returned to the team to play against the Gold Coast on Monday night.

Adelaide's interest in Graham is also well known and based on the fact that the midfielder hails from North Adelaide in the SANFL. The Crows, certain to finish bottom, would be well positioned to pursue Graham given their salary-cap space and expected number of spots on their playing list.

Graham missed the 2019 premiership after injury in the preliminary final against Geelong, when he played out the game despite multiple dislocations of the shoulder, a courageous feat that earned him plaudits from coach Damien Hardwick. He was replaced in the grand final side by Marlion Pickett, who famously made his AFL debut in the decider.

Graham booted three goals as a 19-year-old in the 2017 grand final, playing a surprising and important role in Richmond's first flag in 37 years.

The Tigers, having signed nearly all their key players and with few of their elite names out of contract, obviously have a tight salary cap, although the retirement of champion defender Alex Rance has alleviated that issue for the club somewhat. They regard Graham highly and there is no suggestion he is unhappy at Punt Road.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-keen-on-premiership-tiger-20200818-p55n05.html

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2020, 11:54:19 PM »
Latest names/trades linked to us in the BF rumour mill (add grain of salt):

Stack & Pickett to Freo for Hogan (hardy har har har)

Aliir Aliir & Tom McCartin (former is semi-plausible, latter - not so much)

:shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2020, 07:15:51 AM »
Hogan lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2020, 02:17:37 PM »
If Jack retires & CCJ is traded then it ain't the worst idea....wouldn't give up Stack though...Pickett and one of Broad or McIntosh maybe ...either way it ain't happening.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2020, 02:02:59 PM »
3rd & 4th hand rumour from unreliable sources but that what this thread's for:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/future-free-agency-targets-aka-the-thomas-green-toby-greene-discussion.1231941/post-66605471

...so apparently we're also getting an exemption from the salary cap...cool... :shh
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 03:57:14 PM by Diocletian »

- Thomas Sowell

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2020, 03:40:38 PM »
3rd & 4th hand rumour from unreliable sources but that what this thread's for:

https://twitter.com/Izengabe_/status/1298229712523853825

...so apparently we're also getting an exemption from the salary cap...cool... :shh

Wrong link?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2020, 03:59:01 PM »
link fixed.

Our AFLW side is targeting Pearl Harbor... :shh

- Thomas Sowell