Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo  (Read 93897 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo
« Reply #615 on: November 13, 2020, 09:38:17 AM »
Just reading the AFL website and winners and losers from the trade period.  I think you get points just for participating.  Some of the name like a McKernan are apparently great gets that will make all the difference next year to the Saints!  I can confirm that if Essendon doesn't want you, your not going that well. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #616 on: November 14, 2020, 03:27:00 AM »
Well there may be more to come as the AFL considers a second exchange window.

The Age is reporting that the AFL may give teams another period to deal once list sizes and salary cap numbers are finalised.

The second trade window would be brief, but it would give clubs a chance to mop up any business that fell through due to all the uncertainty.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/12/report-afl-considering-second-2020-trade-window/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #617 on: November 14, 2020, 03:28:16 AM »
Just reading the AFL website and winners and losers from the trade period.  I think you get points just for participating.  Some of the name like a McKernan are apparently great gets that will make all the difference next year to the Saints!  I can confirm that if Essendon doesn't want you, your not going that well.
Here's the AFL website article:

We say: Markov was a depth player who wanted opportunities, so the Tigers would not have been too concerned about his exit. But Higgins' departure isn't ideal for them. The hard-working midfielder/forward was squeezed out of the senior side this season, but had a year to go on his contract and was a first-round pick three years ago. Ideally for Richmond he'd still be at Punt Road next year, but they did move a few spots up the order into the first round. Richmond didn't add to its premiership squad. - Callum Twomey

Grade: 5/10 (ranked 12th)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/524214/that-s-a-wrap-every-club-s-trade-period-ranked-from-worst-to-best

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #618 on: November 14, 2020, 03:28:33 AM »
This article says we gained the 5th most at the trade table for next year's draft.

The 2020 AFL trade period shows some teams are chasing Richmond, others play the long game and Collingwood takes step back.

Data image: https://datawrapper.dwcdn.net/KPwEy/4/?abcnewsembedheight=500

Full article: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-13/afl-trade-2020-chasing-richmond-premiers-long-game/12877046

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #620 on: November 14, 2020, 03:36:42 AM »
And now there is a petition started by Collingwood members with more than 400 signatures by Friday evening, pushing for an urgent general meeting to force the board to provide answers for its decisions.

The petition calls the trade period a “dark day” in the club’s history and has had a “destructive and soul destroying” effect on its members.

“Our club is spiralling into shocking territory,” it says.

“Bad press, salary cap issues. From the top the president and board must answer serious questions. They have treated members and supporters with no respect.”

Meanwhile, another group of Pies fans arrived at the Holden Centre on Friday night, waving banners in support of the departed Treloar and Stephenson.

Some of the banners read “The weet bix kid Stevo our No.1 rising star” and “I roar for Treloar”.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-period-2020-collingwood-adam-treloar-magpies-fans-start-petition-nathan-buckley/news-story/fa30aa9f6eaf3a2d7ee219157c0f3c7f

:rollin
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #621 on: November 14, 2020, 02:06:51 PM »
Both Adam Treloar and Jaidyn Stephenson are featured in the 2021 Collingwood calendar, despite the fact they were both traded away from the club in recent days.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/awkward-detail-spotted-in-2021-afl-calendar-c-1579287

:lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #622 on: November 14, 2020, 02:11:25 PM »
The only method to this madness I can think of is that they've already landed next year's big fish.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #623 on: November 14, 2020, 04:25:05 PM »
Tried to buy a premiership by putting off payments . Then they had to pay players who were due for a pay rise or they would have left.
Poor planing and poor management  and then to pretend otherwise is Collingwood arrogance at it’s best

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #624 on: November 14, 2020, 06:37:03 PM »
They landed their big brown mullet this year
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #625 on: November 16, 2020, 01:45:56 PM »
Tried to buy a premiership by putting off payments . Then they had to pay players who were due for a pay rise or they would have left.
Poor planing and poor management  and then to pretend otherwise is Collingwood arrogance at it’s best
Exactly, camboon.

--------------------------------------------

Speaking on SEN radio, Buckley was directly asked if he had "actively" driven players out of the club.

"Yes, we had to. The conversations were pretty short and sharp, and for a varying number of reasons. Some were inside their control and others had absolutely nothing to do with those individuals," Buckley said.

"It's been on the cards for probably the past three or four years. We nearly won the title in '18, we were around the mark and contending, we decided to keep the group together for as much as possible, and that required us – or the list manager and footy manager – to push back these cap issues for right or for wrong.

"There are a lot of things which have come to pass over the last 24 months that have brought these decisions forward, and we thought this was the time we needed to stop pushing our pain into the future and take it all in one gulp now."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/524568/-this-is-a-break-up-buckley-on-treloar-chat-short-and-sharp-conversations

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #626 on: January 22, 2021, 01:28:44 PM »
With the free agents hype that’s circulating AFL.com I’m just going to bump this thread and pray Bontempelli joins the tigers just because he wants to

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #627 on: January 22, 2021, 01:34:16 PM »
With the free agents hype that’s circulating AFL.com I’m just going to bump this thread and pray Bontempelli joins the tigers just because he wants to
Riiiiiiiight, would have him in a flash but

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #628 on: January 22, 2021, 03:35:41 PM »

We need to sign up Grimes and Vlaustin ASAP.

Edwards, Astbury, Riewoldt etc shouldn't go anywhere else being in their 30s now.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #629 on: January 22, 2021, 04:00:48 PM »
There’d be no way grimes and Vlastuin would leave. Surely!!!!