Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo  (Read 95818 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo
« Reply #271 on: September 24, 2020, 03:50:15 PM »
We should get Daniher to cover Soldo just for poos & giggles... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: September 24, 2020, 04:15:42 PM »
The amount of footy nerds out there sprouting trade stories is incredible at the moment.
I must say I used to love this stuff but now I couldn't care less. I just think about winning cups. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #273 on: September 24, 2020, 07:05:53 PM »
We're still one of the 4 clubs interested in Saad. A replacement for Houli.

With four clubs circling, uncontracted Bomber Adam Saad has flown home to Melbourne to contemplate his future. 7NEWS.com.au @TomBrowne7 #7AFL #7NEWS

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1309052694036918276

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #274 on: September 24, 2020, 08:22:08 PM »
The amount of footy nerds out there sprouting trade stories is incredible at the moment.
I must say I used to love this stuff but now I couldn't care less. I just think about winning cups.

Good way to be too.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #275 on: September 25, 2020, 06:08:05 AM »
Adam Saad was asked at Brisbane Airport what his priorities are in the trade period.

“Everyone wants to win a premiership, but the thing for me is just to assess everything,” Saad told Seven News.

“Go back home and enjoy my time, see family again, it’s been three or four months and I haven’t seen my mum in that time.

“Me and my manager are working through it with the club, so first I’ll just go back home, see the family, relax and enjoy that.”

It’s believed a five-year deal totalling between $2.75 and $3 million would be needed to lure Saad away from Tullamarine.

St Kilda is emerging as a potential new home for soon-to-be-discarded Kangaroos forward Ben Brown, according to veteran AFL journalist Damian Barrett.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trades-2020-trade-whispers-news-rumours-ben-brown-st-kilda-north-melbourne-adam-saad-essendon-free-agency/news-story/a01d4bbb4c5eef2763ed96b56893704e

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #276 on: September 25, 2020, 06:21:29 AM »
"Im hearing we [Carlton] have some interest in Oleg Markov also".

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-melting-pot-xxiii.1246313/page-350

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: September 25, 2020, 04:26:40 PM »
Adam Saad was asked at Brisbane Airport what his priorities are in the trade period.

“Everyone wants to win a premiership, but the thing for me is just to assess everything,” Saad told Seven News.

“Go back home and enjoy my time, see family again, it’s been three or four months and I haven’t seen my mum in that time.

“Me and my manager are working through it with the club, so first I’ll just go back home, see the family, relax and enjoy that.”

It’s believed a five-year deal totalling between $2.75 and $3 million would be needed to lure Saad away from Tullamarine.

St Kilda is emerging as a potential new home for soon-to-be-discarded Kangaroos forward Ben Brown, according to veteran AFL journalist Damian Barrett.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trades-2020-trade-whispers-news-rumours-ben-brown-st-kilda-north-melbourne-adam-saad-essendon-free-agency/news-story/a01d4bbb4c5eef2763ed96b56893704e

5 years at 600k is a bit much. If he would accept 4 years at around 450-500k I’d jump at it.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: September 25, 2020, 11:18:44 PM »
I don’t really rate Saad. I see him like a poor mans jetta. Amazing pace and takes running bounces but doesn’t do much else.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: September 25, 2020, 11:59:16 PM »
I don’t really rate Saad. I see him like a poor mans jetta. Amazing pace and takes running bounces but doesn’t do much else.

He’s got a nice kick on him and defends well one on one which is quite rare for half back flankers these days.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: September 26, 2020, 12:17:38 AM »
Good replacement for Badger, and would like our culture

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #281 on: September 26, 2020, 06:01:11 AM »
Wants to much money for mine. So its a no for me.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: September 26, 2020, 06:14:32 AM »
What's the story with Will Brodie from Sun's is he worth a look at ?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: September 26, 2020, 12:49:08 PM »
Not unless you think one we need another Jacob Ballard but this time taking up a spot on our AFL list.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #284 on: September 27, 2020, 12:18:37 PM »

- Thomas Sowell