Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 311929 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #735 on: April 21, 2013, 06:52:53 PM »
Need a true CHF if this team is going to have any real impact. Whether thats Ty or Griffiths stepping up, we need someone.

Yep.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #736 on: April 21, 2013, 07:38:38 PM »
I would actually like to see Griff give a go instead of Vicks if he is dropped, would not be surprised if they bring in Edwards though...
Couldn't agree more.
Griffiths is better forward option than Ty. Ty a better second ruck. Maybe we should play both in the forward line and stretch defenses. Both are agile and so when the ball hits the ground they are still in the contest. They must however learn to stay away from each other and have their own zones.
all well and good, but do you risk the paper mache man in the ruck?
Mcguane?

whomever replaces ty, IF, he is dropped, has to be able to help out in the ruck. even more so seems as Ivan doesn't appear to be 100%
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #737 on: April 21, 2013, 08:12:12 PM »
Al, get the big zero. He can ruck but not play forward and with Ty it's the other way around but without any real application.
Ty compromising team ethos ATM, big zero wont
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #738 on: April 21, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
yeah, that is my thought, but this discussion was about dropping  dropping ty for griffiths, which leaves us a ruck option short.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #739 on: April 21, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »
The problem is Oren is slow, old, non agile and pretty much just not good enough to play afl as a forward option.

the claw

« Reply #740 on: April 21, 2013, 11:46:48 PM »
Need a true CHF if this team is going to have any real impact. Whether thats Ty or Griffiths stepping up, we need someone.
we have a good chf we just need to play him there his name is jack.
i have to ask how do sydney go about playing both mumford and pyke. surely they mostly swap off the bench and have the odd stint forward. as stated earlier ivan showed at adelaide he can play forward.

seems we are looking for reasons to not try something different despite the poor  form of vickery over a long period .

here something different.
lets say vickery goes down injured what do we do then?  play a sore ivan by himself.
the way i look at it vickery is badly out of touch and its an opportunity to try and find some real depth and create a genuine option for when injuries do occur. it also gives us an opportunity to run vickery into some form at the lower level and find some belief in himself.
we must stop gifting games because we percieve there is no other options. create the options and just try something different for a short while.

the claw

« Reply #741 on: April 22, 2013, 12:02:18 AM »
The problem is Oren is slow, old, non agile and pretty much just not good enough to play afl as a forward option.
so dont play him as a forward.play him purely as a ruckman and send ivan forward  and play griffiths as a ff. what rule says he must play as a forward. other sides are playing two ruckmen.
big o will come up against griffen and possibly clark both second stringers. if it gets out of hand theres always ivan. ivan is definately sore and struggling why not give him a game where he spends 50% in the ruck 10 % forward and 40 % on the bench

as for griffiths.  dawson johnson and mcpharlin make em accountable give em a like for like opponent
mcpharlin v riewoldt up the ground.
dawson v griffiths  in the goal square
johnson v mcguane with mcguane keeping him honest defensively.
ivan resting down there  now and then with the big o spending significant time in the ruck.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #742 on: April 24, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »
so dont play him as a forward.play him purely as a ruckman and send ivan forward  and play griffiths as a ff. what rule says he must play as a forward. other sides are playing two ruckmen.
big o will come up against griffen and possibly clark both second stringers. if it gets out of hand theres always ivan. ivan is definately sore and struggling why not give him a game where he spends 50% in the ruck 10 % forward and 40 % on the bench

My thought is that he will be slow, old, non agile and pretty much just not good enough wherever he plays, may as well as kept the King Island Cream Puff

the claw

« Reply #743 on: April 24, 2013, 09:31:47 PM »

My thought is that he will be slow, old, non agile and pretty much just not good enough wherever he plays, may as well as kept the King Island Cream Puff
what you hedging your bets. he is slow he is old and he lacks agility. no he will be anything.
 but as a ruckman he competes and he goes okay.  something both  graham and vickery dont didnt do.  certainly get more out of him in the ruck than vickery who has a heart the size of a pea. geez again mumford and pyke are slow and lack agility  pyke is what 29yo so one of them is old.
to me now is the ideal time to give this bloke a game and take some work load off big ivan who is clearly struggling.
your going to be real unhappy if ivan has to start taking every other week off to manage his problem. touchy things groins.

simply put stephenson is in better form than vickery atm play him and give ivan a decent rest. imo ivan has played some decent footy for adelaide prmarily as a forward. always taken marks forward and as such has to respected.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #744 on: April 25, 2013, 07:09:15 AM »

what you hedging your bets. he is slow he is old and he lacks agility. no he will be anything.
 but as a ruckman he competes and he goes okay.  something both  graham and vickery dont didnt do.  certainly get more out of him in the ruck than vickery who has a heart the size of a pea. geez again mumford and pyke are slow and lack agility  pyke is what 29yo so one of them is old.
to me now is the ideal time to give this bloke a game and take some work load off big ivan who is clearly struggling.
your going to be real unhappy if ivan has to start taking every other week off to manage his problem. touchy things groins.

simply put stephenson is in better form than vickery atm play him and give ivan a decent rest. imo ivan has played some decent footy for adelaide prmarily as a forward. always taken marks forward and as such has to respected.

Good post Claw, agree fully.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #745 on: April 25, 2013, 07:14:37 AM »

depends whose groin it is

:lol
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:42:25 AM by 1965 »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #746 on: April 25, 2013, 06:08:39 PM »

The real odd thing is that you keep on going on about getting games into the young cubs but right here instead of getting games into a developing KPF you want to give a 30 year old games who isn't up to AFL standard.

It's like you have a personal issue against Vickery

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #747 on: April 25, 2013, 06:32:10 PM »

The real odd thing is that you keep on going on about getting games into the young cubs but right here instead of getting games into a developing KPF you want to give a 30 year old games who isn't up to AFL standard.

It's like you have a personal issue against Vickery

:clapping
Claw always bangs on about structure, leaving players where they've always played etc. but really that's just his excuse for getting players in or out.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #748 on: April 25, 2013, 06:33:15 PM »
Very lucky again  :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #749 on: April 25, 2013, 06:39:43 PM »
On his last chance I would think.

Despite his two goals last week was absolutely hopeless.

Very lucky boy.

At some point in time you just have to think about Griff or Astbury and demand that they need to stay on the park and not in the medical room.

Ben Griffiths is fast becoming our version of Scott Gumbleton.