Author Topic: No Brett Deledio, no Richmond? ........ (Herald-Sun)  (Read 2699 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: No Brett Deledio, no Richmond? ........ (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 06:40:25 PM »
we looked blown, no run, tired across the board.  i am going with the flu theory.  Crows got smashed by the swans the week before the swans got rolled by a mediocre Geebung, hopefully our blokes bounce back from this and hammer out the rest of the year.

Hopefully the last part of your post is supposed to

"With Mammer out for the rest of the year (= dropped)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond's lack of bite without Brett Deledio 'damaged the brand' (Age)
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 09:16:29 PM »
Richmond's lack of bite without Brett Deledio 'damaged the brand'

Jon Pierik
     The Age
    August 9, 2015

No Brett Deledio, no Richmond? That is the question Tiger supporters are again contemplating after their side was crunched by six goals in Adelaide.

A week after the Tigers secured arguably their greatest win in years by dismantling premiership favourite Hawthorn, the Tigers were, as coach Damien Hardwick remarked, "obliterated".

The Deledio factor remains a concern, for they have now lost seven of the past nine matches without their vice-captain.

Deledio's dash and goal-scoring ability were sorely missed on a night the Tigers managed only eight goals, including three in the second half.

The absence of defensive small forward Shane Edwards also hurt, with the defeat labelled as "brand damaging" by SEN commentator David King, a former Tigers assistant coach.

The Tigers conceded 74 inside 50s – the most in their history – but had only 38 themselves, producing just 12 shots at goal.

The loss came after an intense fortnight when they narrowly lost to another flag fancy, the competition-leading Fremantle, at the MCG.

"It looked like the Richmond of two, three, four years ago," King said of the loss to the Crows.

"I think they still rely on their stars to a fair point. When you talk about leadership (on Friday night), their leaders have been leading the way. They have been showing the way and the lesser talent (have been) able to play their roles. But as soon as a couple of those key components of their leadership don't play well, don't stand up or don't lead well or don't play as Brett and Shane did last night, things seem to get lost pretty quickly."

King also questioned the class of rebounding half-back Bachar Houli, declaring he was "not sure whether in the big games Bachar does what he needs to do".

The Tigers have expressed interest in Carlton half-back Chris Yarran, who still has a year to run on his contract, and Adam Treloar, the out-of-contract Giants midfielder.

Ruckman Ivan Maric was mauled by Adelaide's Sam Jacobs, while the Tigers could not handle the likes of Patrick Dangerfield and Rory Sloane.

Commentator Matthew Lloyd also questioned Hardwick's tactics, in particular the decision to start key forward Jack Riewoldt at centre half-back early in the first term.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmonds-lack-of-bite-without-brett-deledio-damaged-the-brand-20150808-giulha.html#ixzz3iFFjUoE3
Kingly is right about Bachar. Defensively he is a liability.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 08:29:09 AM »
The Deledio stuff is rubbish. We got flogged and he would have made little difference. We do have able players to replace him and I tell ya what there are a few I would have picked before stuffen Lloyd !! Mcbean, McDonough in the forward line, even Thomas in the forward line atleat he busts his gut... Same with Morris. I think Lloyd might still have a chance at afl level but he wojld have to improve immensely

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 07:53:35 PM »
Was it really the flu or that damn leg :rollin

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 08:14:25 PM »
The Deledio stuff is rubbish. We got flogged and he would have made little difference. We do have able players to replace him and I tell ya what there are a few I would have picked before stuffen Lloyd !! Mcbean, McDonough in the forward line, even Thomas in the forward line atleat he busts his gut... Same with Morris. I think Lloyd might still have a chance at afl level but he wojld have to improve immensely

Dunno.

Lids is pretty handy
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 08:25:50 PM »
no lids no richmond. Its actually that simple. Anyone got the stats how we go as a team when teams tag lids out of the game?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.