Author Topic: Mark Chaffey  (Read 1782 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Mark Chaffey
« on: December 17, 2004, 03:03:08 AM »
With Wallace wanting to use Chaffs as a run with role/tagger next year do you guys reckon he can reinvent himself and his skill level in this role?

He didn't win the golden turnip for nothing. Turnover king in 2004  :(.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Life goes on

Re: Mark Chaffey
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 05:55:37 AM »
He has already reinvented himself, with his current haircut, the opposition players will be petrified to go near the ball :o
That is one savage haircut pal ! ;)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 08:54:02 AM »
He has already reinvented himself, with his current haircut, the opposition players will be petrified to go near the ball :o
That is one savage haircut pal ! ;)

:rollin :rollin

It's a shocker - absolute shocker :rollin :lol :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 09:41:45 AM »
At the intra club match he was really being aggresive - throwing his body around, laying some fierce tackles, and really niggling and intimidating his opponents.  Usually Chaff is a timid type, that doesn't get involved with this kind of stuff but he had a completely new attitude.  Also to my surprise he didn't turn the ball over at all, and got a few clearances himself.  I would say that Wallace has had a word to him and has told him what his new role will be and told him to get mean - maybe chaff is terry's new libba.  He's probably also advised him to get this haircut in order to suit his new role.

If anything, at least he won't be slowing down the play, being loose and turning the ball over in our back half anymore.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 11:08:16 AM »
Chaff - the new Libba :lol :rollin

Harry, was thinking exactly the same thing myself when I saw him. He also looks extremely fit.

Ox

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 12:17:16 PM »
If he can channel his frustration into agression then he will make a great tagger

LMAO@Tony Chaffey.

2JD

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 04:18:10 PM »
I hope he doesnt turn him into a libba, i hate that little man with a passion!!! >:( Call me old fashioned but, I'm not a win at all costs type person. I wont cheer for a cowardly sniping little B like he was >:(

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 04:58:09 PM »
I had Chaffey as the 6th or 7th best player at Richmond before this year. This year his kicking got worse, he didn't use his aerial abilities like he had in the past, he looked more tentative than in previous years and he would have been struggling to be in the top 22 by years end.

I'm not sure what went wrong this year, or whether it was just that he overachieved in 2002, 2003 and I then overrated him, but I expect him to do a little better next year than he did this year.

By the way just on Liberatore, though he became a dirty prick in the twilight of his career, I thought he was a little champion in the early to mid 90's. I was watching the round 16 match between Richmond v Footscray in 1994 and Liberatore was an absolute star back then.

2JD

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 05:02:23 PM »
I agree JohnF he was a champ in his earlier days, its a pity lots of people wont remember him for those days ::)

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 05:06:30 PM »
I I was watching the round 16 match between Richmond v Footscray in 1994 and Liberatore was an absolute star back then.

Watched it as well...good result, heart in mouth stuff. Geez Benny G was good!

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 06:37:39 PM »
Yeah Benny could really take a grab.

Good to see a prime Knighter and Freezer in action.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 06:39:11 PM by JohnF »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 03:35:47 AM »
I hope he doesnt turn him into a libba.... I wont cheer for a cowardly sniping little B like he was >:(

Agree 2JD. Libba turned into a thug to prolong his career. Just watching that "year of the dog" doco showed he was passed it. Sad because before that he was a little champ.

One thing in Chaffs favour is he isn't short like libba so hopefully he won't have to resort to scratching etc..
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2004, 04:39:53 AM »
Definitely looks fit by all reports at training.

Hopefully Terry has a plan for Chaffey.  I think he will play back pocket.  May be a tad slow to tag some really good midfielders e.g Judd, Fletcher, and a tad small to take on other slower midfielders  e.g Bucks, Roo