Author Topic: How have you rated Hardwick's efforts so far as coach?  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: How have you rated Hardwick's efforts so far as coach?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 01:25:25 PM »
I'm not sure that Dimma calls the match day moves from the boundary line. It'd be interesting to know who is the primary voice in the coaches box.

Ox

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 01:50:25 PM »
I'm not sure that Dimma calls the match day moves from the boundary line. It'd be interesting to know who is the primary voice in the coaches box.
:thumbsup

Ox

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »
Hasn't even begun imo.

We're still a bottom 8 team but with some stars.

What can he and the coaching panel achieve ? Time will tell.

Has he made any outstanding tactical moves in the heat of battle ?
Only on this can we judge his true ability.

i know he's made some woeful decisions....

I'm still out.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 02:29:09 PM »
What do the Jade Rawlings supporters think? D Anyone ready to say sorry for there Role in plotting to pressure the club to install Rawlings as coach via a shambolic PR campaign on the forums?  :lol

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 02:47:08 PM »
What do the Jade Rawlings supporters think? D Anyone ready to say sorry for there Role in plotting to pressure the club to install Rawlings as coach via a shambolic PR campaign on the forums?  :lol
:lol  :rollin  :rollin :lol :lol :lol :lol :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :jump

yes good judges they are.  :thatsgold
The club that keeps giving.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 03:07:55 PM »
Rather than worry about where would have been with Rawlings, Scott, Buckley, Campbell, Sheedy or whoever I think Dimma has done really well and has overhauled the list and got them playing a good style of footy through the corridor with more emphasis on tackling shepherding and other one percenters. I think his efforts are worth an 8.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 03:12:59 PM »
I give Hardwick a 7 and Rawlings 0  ;D

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 04:02:41 PM »
What do the Jade Rawlings supporters think? D Anyone ready to say sorry for there Role in plotting to pressure the club to install Rawlings as coach via a shambolic PR campaign on the forums?  :lol
:lol  :rollin  :rollin :lol :lol :lol :lol :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :jump

yes good judges they are.  :thatsgold

your the one that loved Rawlings.

Edited quote.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:27:45 PM by one-eyed »

tony_montana

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 04:04:43 PM »
Hasn't even begun imo.

We're still a bottom 8 team but with some stars.

What can he and the coaching panel achieve ? Time will tell.

Has he made any outstanding tactical moves in the heat of battle ?
Only on this can we judge his true ability.

i know he's made some woeful decisions....

I'm still out.

I agree brackets, He's done the easy part with overhauling a dud list and replacing them with kids, the real job is only just beginning.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 04:20:43 PM »
Gave him a 9, would have been 10 other than the loss to Port.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 04:49:04 PM »
Snip!

Stick to the topic ppl without the baiting and sniping!

the claw

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 05:56:33 PM »
for me its not about game day atm. so as a game day coach its way too early to say.

what have wedone under him.
hmm since hes been there we have put money into recruiting and development  is this hardwick or is it the club.

under both wallace and frawley there were many supporters who screamed for a long time about an awful lot of what hardwick has done.
cleaning out the duds which has only partly been done.  Insisting we only take kids who have good skills. Building size and structure and actually embracing and sticking to a full on youth policy, these things and more were so obvious there were heaps of us saying so.

I supppose to summarise what  im saying he has done the obvious, and credit to him we have had so many over the yrs totally ignore the obvious.
To me the real test for Hardwick is if he can see these things thru to their logical conclusions and not get caught up the inevitable hype and only do half a job. So far hes done the easy obvious bit, now he has to see thru what he started.

As far as actually building a team and god forbid depth that will be capable of taking us to top 4 and a consistent tilt at a gf then we are in for another 2 or 3 tough yrs, and he and those in charge had damn well better grit their teeth and see it thru no short cuts.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 06:11:05 PM »
for me its not about game day atm. so as a game day coach its way too early to say.

what have wedone under him.
hmm since hes been there we have put money into recruiting and development  is this hardwick or is it the club.

under both wallace and frawley there were many supporters who screamed for a long time about an awful lot of what hardwick has done.
cleaning out the duds which has only partly been done.  Insisting we only take kids who have good skills. Building size and structure and actually embracing and sticking to a full on youth policy, these things and more were so obvious there were heaps of us saying so.

I supppose to summarise what  im saying he has done the obvious, and credit to him we have had so many over the yrs totally ignore the obvious.
To me the real test for Hardwick is if he can see these things thru to their logical conclusions and not get caught up the inevitable hype and only do half a job. So far hes done the easy obvious bit, now he has to see thru what he started.

As far as actually building a team and god forbid depth that will be capable of taking us to top 4 and a consistent tilt at a gf then we are in for another 2 or 3 tough yrs, and he and those in charge had damn well better grit their teeth and see it thru no short cuts.
so what score you give the coach then? 

the claw

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 06:26:40 PM »
Too early to give him any sort of rating. we will only know if hes done well or failed in two or three yrs time.i will reserve my judgment until then all i will say is in the main he seems to be heading in the right direction.
and i say this even if we finish bottom 4 this yr and believe it or not i think that likely.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 09:09:17 PM »
Too early to give him any sort of rating.

I think you can only rate him on whether you are happy on what he has achieved so far, not what might be.
Personally I have been very impressed to date and wouldn't have done much differently if I imagined myself ever in that position.
Yes he may fail but right now I think he's doing near as good a job as I could have hoped with the crap he was handed by Teflon Terry.
Good to see you're pretty pleased in the main. Me too.