Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 275597 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #255 on: August 27, 2016, 09:30:52 PM »
surely though, the example set by miles when he was carving it up in the VFL and getting ignored is what you want rather than sooking it up and putting in half arsed efforts?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #256 on: August 27, 2016, 09:53:57 PM »
Prestia changes nomination to any other team but Richmond
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #257 on: August 27, 2016, 10:07:51 PM »
surely though, the example set by miles when he was carving it up in the VFL and getting ignored is what you want rather than sooking it up and putting in half arsed efforts?

Ideally yes. My original point was with regards to him being traded out though, not just dropped.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #258 on: August 29, 2016, 05:41:38 AM »
Prestia officially tells Suns he wants a trade

AFL.com.au
28 August 2016

DION Prestia has joined Jaeger O'Meara in wanting out of Gold Coast, officially requesting a trade to a Melbourne club.

Prestia penned a letter on his official Facebook page to break the news to fans.

As they did when O'Meara's news dropped on Thursday, the Suns has again stated they expected an acceptable deal for a trade to be completed.

"It's with a heavy heart that I inform you that it is my intention to return home to Melbourne during the trade period," Prestia said in his letter.

"The club has also been very clear with me and my manger that they expect an acceptable trade to be facilitated.

"I understand that, and I also want the club that I represented with pride on 95 occasions to be compensated adequately."

Although expected for some time, Prestia's desire to leave is a big loss for the Suns on the back of O'Meara's request.

The 23-year-old is a vice-captain and was taken with the pick No.9 in the 2010 NAB AFL Draft.

"I will be forever grateful to the Gold Coast Suns for not only giving me an opportunity to play AFL but to allowing me to grow as a player and leader," Prestia said.

"I know I leave the club a better person than the day I walked through the door for the first time and that is a credit to everyone involved with the club."

When asked about O'Meara's departure following Saturday night's loss to Port Adelaide, Suns coach Rodney Eade was dismissive.

"Footy clubs move on," Eade said.

"He's a player and he's going, wants to go, doesn't mean he'll get to where he wants to go.

"I don't know what the hysteria is. He's gone or going, we'll find someone else."

Dion Prestia's Facebook letter to fans

Dear Suns fans,

It's with a heavy heart that I inform you that it is my intention to return home to Melbourne during the trade period.

My manager, Marty Pask, and I had been as transparent as possible with the club. We wanted to make sure we kept the club up to date with my thinking and finally, once I had made my decision, we declared my intent to request a trade.

As part of those discussions we agreed, that in the best interests of the Gold Coast Suns, we would keep my intention confidential until the end of the season and I thank the club for their understanding, support and confidentiality.

I really didn't want my decision impacting the playing group and to hold up my end of the bargain I gave a commitment to see out my contract to the best of my ability.

The club has also been very clear with me and my manger that they expect an acceptable trade to be facilitated. I understand that and I also want the club that I represented with pride on 95 occasions to be compensated adequately.

I will be forever grateful to the Gold Coast Suns for not only giving me an opportunity to play AFL but to allow me to grow as a player and leader. I know I leave the club a better person than the day I walked through the door for the first time and that is a credit to everyone involved with the club.

I've been lucky enough to have played with, been coached by, and have worked with a large number of great people. To each and everyone one of them I want to say thanks and I wish them and the club all the very best for the future.

To you, the fans, who have been so supportive I say thank you. To be an inaugural player with the Suns is something I will forever grateful for and those memories of the club's first ever game, our first win, our first game here on the Gold Coast and all the hard work that has been done to set up the Gold Coast Football Club is something I will never forget.

Thank you and farewell

Dion Prestia

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-28/dion-prestia-officially-tells-suns-he-wants-a-trade

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #259 on: August 29, 2016, 05:42:12 AM »
Richmond is understood to be in pole position to snare the star midfielder but Melbourne has also been mooted as a possible destination.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dion-prestia-signals-intent-to-leave-gold-coast-suns-and-move-back-to-victoria/news-story/564db812eb0f24d39d6713e1dc2ef376

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #260 on: August 29, 2016, 09:28:40 AM »
Richmond is understood to be in pole position to snare the star midfielder but Melbourne has also been mooted as a possible destination.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dion-prestia-signals-intent-to-leave-gold-coast-suns-and-move-back-to-victoria/news-story/564db812eb0f24d39d6713e1dc2ef376
DantheMan :clapping :rollin :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #261 on: August 29, 2016, 09:45:42 AM »
We are not even close. This would be another retrograde step if we give up our 1st pick for a serially injured player.

Offline Shammo80

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #262 on: August 29, 2016, 10:23:39 AM »
will get both dion and jagar and they will set the 2017 season out :lol :lol :lol like yazza

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #263 on: August 29, 2016, 12:09:29 PM »
will get both dion and jagar and they will set the 2017 season out :lol :lol :lol like yazza

Yeah ... 

Could still use a

Ruck
Key fwd
Key back
Non grigg midfielder

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: August 29, 2016, 12:30:18 PM »
We are not even close. This would be another retrograde step if we give up our 1st pick for a serially injured player.

What is we trade a player? Take your pick: Edwards, Ellis, Lennon etc. (Rance, Jack, Cotch and Martin untouchable). Or Deledio and pick 6 for Dion an pick 2-3 whatever it is they may have

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #265 on: August 29, 2016, 12:34:48 PM »
Deledio and pick 6 for Jaeger and Prestia?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: August 29, 2016, 12:45:23 PM »
Okay I forgot GC got pick 4 so 6 --> 4 isn't substantial enough. I'd rather Deledio for Prestia and a 2nd rounder. But is that asking too much?

I think the only player I'd give 6 for is Fyfe. I'm sure there might be some other examples but you get my point. Otherwise we just need to keep it.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #267 on: August 29, 2016, 12:51:18 PM »
Okay I forgot GC got pick 4 so 6 --> 4 isn't substantial enough. I'd rather Deledio for Prestia and a 2nd rounder. But is that asking too much?

I think the only player I'd give 6 for is Fyfe. I'm sure there might be some other examples but you get my point. Otherwise we just need to keep it.

You mean the 2nd rounder that GC already have?

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #268 on: August 29, 2016, 01:07:31 PM »
I keep hearing 700 - 750k a season. Yet we also still require quality up forward and back. It's a lot of dough for one player is he worth that coin?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Ruanaidh

« Reply #269 on: August 29, 2016, 02:33:22 PM »

What is we trade a player? Take your pick: Edwards, Ellis, Lennon etc. (Rance, Jack, Cotch and Martin untouchable). Or Deledio and pick 6 for Dion an pick 2-3 whatever it is they may have
Offload players with currency over 26 and go to the draft.