Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 275581 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #750 on: October 19, 2016, 11:19:53 PM »

Francis looks good, Marchbank I don't know about but he's obviously rated but both are a bit early to tell
Schanrenberg can't get on the park, Macrae is Ellis mk 2, Wingard is good
The rest are pretty much duds - Rohan can go alright but inconsistent
What a horrible thing to say about Macrae. That's just mean.
And Francis looks pretty special too.

Maybe a bit harsh but that's the impression I get from my doggies mates. Their complaints are the exact same as ours.
Yeah I mentioned he looks good but as I also said, bit early to tell

Ruanaidh

« Reply #751 on: October 20, 2016, 05:39:32 AM »

Francis looks good, Marchbank I don't know about but he's obviously rated but both are a bit early to tell
Schanrenberg can't get on the park, Macrae is Ellis mk 2, Wingard is good
The rest are pretty much duds - Rohan can go alright but inconsistent
What a horrible thing to say about Macrae. That's just mean.
And Francis looks pretty special too.

Maybe a bit harsh but that's the impression I get from my doggies mates. Their complaints are the exact same as ours.
Yeah I mentioned he looks good but as I also said, bit early to tell
Comparing McCrae to Ellis says leagues about your footy acumen. He or Boyd should have won the Norm Smith in the Granny.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #752 on: October 20, 2016, 06:40:47 AM »
McCrae is a gun. More outside than in, but can work inside too quite well for a light frame. As opposed to BEllis, he rarely misses a target by hand or foot.

I follow him closely because he is a friend of some of my daughters friends. Not sure why people are criticising him.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #753 on: October 20, 2016, 06:54:15 AM »
McCrae is a gun. More outside than in, but can work inside too quite well for a light frame. As opposed to BEllis, he rarely misses a target by hand or foot.

I follow him closely because he is a friend of some of my daughters friends. Not sure why people are criticising him.

Agree

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #754 on: October 20, 2016, 07:29:08 AM »
He's pretty inside too
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #755 on: October 20, 2016, 12:14:09 PM »
Comparing McCrae to Ellis says leagues about your footy acumen. He or Boyd should have won the Norm Smith in the Granny.

:lol :lol if you don't think he's an improved Ellis then you've obviously got your blinkers on. Saying he deserved the Norm Smith doesn't even deserve a response :lol :lol :lol :lol

Ruanaidh

« Reply #756 on: October 20, 2016, 01:04:47 PM »

:lol :lol if you don't think he's an improved Ellis then you've obviously got your blinkers on. Saying he deserved the Norm Smith doesn't even deserve a response :lol :lol :lol :lol
Oh really?.....You came into my headspace and once again you cower and I win...I do pay the price of feeling a bit dumber having  conversed with you though.....but I'll get over it.

On McCrae, his stats weren't bolstered by clearances following chip kicks to oneself after kicking out from opposition points. He also had 4 crucial clearances and almost double the contested possessions of Johannisen. He was a close 2nd to Johannisen re DT points but was much more effective when in counted . All nuanced thinking I know, but try to squeeze some energy out of your necrotized neurons pleeaasssse.

By the way you referred to me as a 'supporter' in a recent post.....I prefer the term 'reformed member'.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 01:31:09 PM by Ruanaidh »

Ruanaidh

« Reply #757 on: October 20, 2016, 01:07:10 PM »

Gun kid and gun player!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #758 on: October 20, 2016, 01:39:52 PM »

Oh really?.....You came into my headspace and once again you cower and I win...I do pay the price of feeling a bit dumber having  conversed with you though.....but I'll get over it.

On McCrae, his stats weren't bolstered by clearances following chip kicks to oneself after kicking out from opposition points. He also had 4 crucial clearances and almost double the contested possessions of Johannisen. He was a close 2nd to Johannisen re DT points but was much more effective when in counted . All nuanced thinking I know, but try to squeeze some energy out of your necrotized neurons pleeaasssse.

By the way you referred to me as a 'supporter' in a recent post.....I prefer the term 'reformed member'.

What a carry on

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #759 on: October 20, 2016, 01:44:14 PM »
I with the Gaelic Grump on McCrae, however one should never, ever cite fantasy football stats in a argument....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #760 on: October 20, 2016, 01:48:29 PM »

Sorry, what? Not sure how I came into your headspace and am now cowering but if that's how you feel, then good for you. I'm glad you feel some sort of superiority for disagreeing with someone on the internet. Wonder why that is?

Hey I didn't have Johannisen as my pick for Norm Smith but I guess simple minds just assume because I don't agree with one thing, it means I agree with the other. I would have picked a few others before him, one of them being Boyd ;), alas.

Lastly, that post had nothing to do with you except you were one of two people who mentioned 'members', assuming I'm thinking of the right one. Rather, it was a tongue in cheek comment directed towards ol' mate YBB. I know it's difficult for you to think that maybe I didn't even realise it was you who posted because I don't love you as much as you love yourself but it's true.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #761 on: October 20, 2016, 01:49:28 PM »
Kennedy should've won the Norm Smith....was easily as good Ablett Sr, Buckley & Judd were, if not Maurice.... BOG by a mile.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #762 on: October 20, 2016, 01:50:47 PM »
I with the Gaelic Grump on McCrae, however one should never, ever cite fantasy football stats in a argument....
Ha Ha....first time in my life that I've been called a "grump"....but I'll cop that sweet. I take your point regarding DT points, that's why I coupled them with actual stats in context.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #763 on: October 20, 2016, 01:55:54 PM »

Sorry, what? Not sure how I came into your headspace and am now cowering but if that's how you feel, then good for you. I'm glad you feel some sort of superiority for disagreeing with someone on the internet. Wonder why that is?

Hey I didn't have Johannisen as my pick for Norm Smith but I guess simple minds just assume because I don't agree with one thing, it means I agree with the other. I would have picked a few others before him, one of them being Boyd ;), alas.

Lastly, that post had nothing to do with you except you were one of two people who mentioned 'members', assuming I'm thinking of the right one. Rather, it was a tongue in cheek comment directed towards ol' mate YBB. I know it's difficult for you to think that maybe I didn't even realise it was you who posted because I don't love you as much as you love yourself but it's true.
If only you could progress an argument as adeptly as you regress one....sigh....
I'll let you in on a little secret.....come close now.......(whisper behind a cupped hand) - "I don't take any of this too seriously", myself included.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #764 on: October 20, 2016, 02:20:55 PM »

You have put a lot of thought and energy and psychotropic drug abuse into this post...  for some reason
Lots of people name their swords......