Author Topic: Hardwick splits from wife  (Read 40563 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick splits from wife
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2021, 09:18:07 AM »
nice attire matching

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2021, 03:25:30 PM »
Hardwick and new love step out in public

Damien Hardwick and his new partner have been keeping a low profile since the Richmond coach separated from his wife, but the pair has been spotted in public.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-and-his-new-love-have-been-spotted-out-in-elwood/news-story/5fefcdcad5a2535b3aaa4e057fb54dac

Full article:

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick steps out with newgirlfriend​

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick and his new partner Alexandra Crow enjoyed an afternoon walk together with their dog in Melbourne over the weekend as they were captured stepping out together for the first time.

The couple have faced intense public interest in their relationship, which blossomed when the three-time premiership-winning coach separated from his longtime wife Danielle, with whom he shares three children.
But they looked carefree as they sipped juice while walking their dog, Hank, in Elwood on Sunday afternoon.

There’s less than three weeks before Richmond opens another premiership defence against Carlton at the MCG and Hardwick has been forced to confront questions about the impact his personal life could have on the performance of his footy team.

Often referred to by the Tigers coach as “Mrs Hardwick” in press conferences, Danielle had been by her husband’s side through an incredibly successful career in football that’s included flags as a player with Essendon and Port Adelaide and now three more as coach of the Tigers.

Richmond CEO Brendon Gale said the separation was “intensely personal and private and sensitive” but had been dealt with behind closed doors.

“I think we’re all very saddened to see the end of a 30 year-relationship – I think that’s the natural response. But these things happen, as sad as they are,” Gale told 3AW.

“But at the end of the day, we decided on a course of action that we felt was in the best interest of the club. Damien’s been a very, very good coach for our football club and has continued to be so. He has a relationship with a person who happens to be an employee at a club – and that happens. We’ve got other people in relationships, we’ve got people, in fact, that are married. We have policies in place and guidelines which help manage that – and at the end of the day, we were satisfied everything was in place, the course of action followed.

“Damien is a very good football coach and will continue to be so at Richmond for many years to come.”

Gale held no fears it would impact the playing group. “I’ll be honest, I worry for the family and I worry that’s a sad thing to see. But in terms of the football club, I don’t worry because our club, our football department and our coaches and our team have got a proven ability to focus on the things that are within their control, the things that really matter,” he said.

“They’re battle-hardened and they’ve got a flint-edged focus on performance. They’re really well prepared, they’re well coached, they’re hungry, they’re a very driven group – and I expect them to take that attitude into the 2021 season.”

But veteran football scribe Caroline Wilson believes the situation could cause headaches for the veteran coach.

Wilson said Hardwick used his wife in public to create a “personal brand” and believes he runs the risk of losing the moral high ground when it comes to admonishing players for missteps.

“In a workplace sense, this is a senior and junior colleague who embark upon an affair, probably cover it up — certainly cover it up,” Wilson told the ABC’s Offsiders program in January.

“At the very least, it was not reported to human resources or anyone senior at the club until the rumours became so strong that the question was asked by the CEO of the coach.

“I’m sorry, but we did see two AFL executives lose their jobs (in 2017) over a similar (incident). Don’t tell me it’s different, because it’s not. Don’t tell me they are in different departments because the coach has an all-encompassing influence over the whole club.

“Quite simply on an active football sense this is a man who created a personal brand out of his partner, Mrs Hardwick. She became his moral compass, and I just reckon a lot of people at the club feel duped, the public feel duped, the supporters feel duped.

“And if Trent Cotchin is suspended for three weeks in May or another player hides something and it comes out later, I think it’s going to be difficult for Damien Hardwick to tell these boys that they’ve let down the team.”

Offsiders host Kelli Underwood agreed with Wilson’s take on the matter, adding: “I just can’t understand when he put his head on the pillow at night how he possibly would have thought that this could play out for him. It’s got to have an effect internally.”

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2021, 03:35:14 PM »
Caroline Wilson needs to hand in her papers.  There's a difference between keeping things private and covering up a relationship. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2021, 08:09:43 PM »
Hello slow news day.

Hiding in the bushes in Elwood waiting to take a photo of a bloke and his girlfriend drinking a slurpy and walking their dog. What a meaningful and purposeful life these 'journos' have  :wallywink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2021, 09:57:57 PM »
Regurgitated story with a pap snap.
All this stuff was already reported on.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Prez Peggy O'Neal endorses Richmond’s handling of Hardwick situation (Age)
« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2021, 07:09:48 PM »
President endorses Richmond’s handling of Damien Hardwick situation

Daniel Cherny
The Age
March 9, 2021 — 6.02pm

Richmond president Peggy O’Neal has endorsed the Tigers’ handling of Damien Hardwick’s marriage breakup and says she understands why people might be out to get the club now that they are no longer the league’s “Cinderella”.

Speaking publicly about the matter for the first time since news of Hardwick’s split with wife Danielle and new relationship with a club staffer made headlines, O’Neal said she was comfortable with the manner in which the issue had been dealt with by the club’s human relations department and at board level.

“It’s been talked about quite a bit. We’re comfortable with all the decisions that have been made and ready to push on,” O’Neal said on Tuesday.

The Tigers have been adamant that the situation will not derail their quest for a third straight premiership, and fourth in five years. O’Neal was speaking at an early screening of Amazon’s Making Their Mark documentary, which sheds light on the manner in which Richmond handled several controversies last year, including their groping scandal and the Sydney Stack/Callum Coleman-Jones hub breaches.

Those incidents, as well as the Hardwick matter, have led to questions as to whether Richmond’s culture remains a beacon in the AFL, and whether there is significant discord at Punt Road.

O’Neal said that ultimately some perceptions of the club were misguided, but understood that Richmond’s success may have cost them some good sentiment.

“I think when you’re inside something that’s happening, you would hope you’d have more information than people on the outside, and so when people write perceptions or opinions – and you just sort of think, ‘Well I think I know a bit more about what’s going on inside’. We don’t make decisions any differently than we did before,” O’Neal said.

“People are the same people. I’m the same person, but I understand that when Hawthorn had its purple patch I didn’t like Hawthorn very much either. So there’s a bit of envy that goes on whenever you’re successful I suppose. But in the end we think we’re doing things the same way we always have, and if people want to take a different slant now that we aren’t the Cinderella club, that maybe we’ve arrived, I understand that, that’s their prerogative.”

On a more positive note, the Tigers are a little over a week away from unfurling their two most recent premiership flags at the MCG against Carlton. O’Neal remains quietly hopeful that capacity for the game could be raised above 50,000.

“We’re happy to have 50,000. It would be great to have more. I’m sure that the prospect of seeing live football again and us getting to unfurl our premiership flags, we could have had a lot more fans come. But at the same time it’s football, crowds are back so yes I am excited about that. I’m excited about the season, at least at this stage, having a semblance of normality,” she said.

O’Neal is also looking forward to the full release of the documentary series later this week.

“I’m anxious to see the whole thing because I haven’t seen all the episodes. I think it’s going to portray a historic moment with sport and also give fans of every club, and fans of sport in general, a real look at what goes on inside to make the show happen every week,” she said.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/president-endorses-richmond-s-handling-of-damien-hardwick-situation-20210309-p5795x.html

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2021, 09:34:51 AM »
When a team wins premierships it’s never just one thing that makes a premiership team victors but it’s a whole range of little things that make everything fall into place, however their is normally one thing that is the catalyst for change that kickstarts the winning formula. For us it was Mrs Hardwick’s hard truths that her stubborn husband had to hear. 

There have been many questionable things happen at the club that we’ve seen since Hardick decided to renege on the vows he made before God and family. :shh

That one decision and major deceptive betrayal may have just been the catalyst for this whole debacle of a season.  :rollin

Caro is criticised a lot but she was 100% correct about Hawthorn/Clarkson/Mitchell situation.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2021, 10:06:58 AM »
Vows before god?
How do you know where he was married
Give me a spell on the religious rubbish in a football forum  .. jeebus will be just fine

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #188 on: August 06, 2021, 10:44:05 AM »
Vows before god?
Give me a spell on the religious rubbish in a football forum  .. jeebus will be just fine
my point wasn’t a religious one, maybe read the whole of the opinion I made again but this time read it slowly.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #189 on: August 06, 2021, 11:02:16 AM »
That's all speculation mate, not any hard truth to any of it.

Your sky god religion is on the nose too. :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: August 06, 2021, 11:16:26 AM »
Last time I looked Dimma split up with his wife during the season and we still won the flag.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #191 on: August 06, 2021, 11:54:10 AM »
The season is a mess due to three things
1. we have been up for 4 solid years. You cannot maintain that level indefinitely
2. the game has changed from turnovers being king to stoppage clearances being king. We were and still are a turnover team
3. Injuries have hit hard and the team has not had any consistency of a stable team to undertake a shift from being a turn over team

Any input from any of the problems in 2020 or Stack's issues over the new year or Rioli/Bolton's nightclub incident or Dimm'a personal life is nil nada zilch.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2021, 01:31:22 PM »
Vows before god?
my point wasn’t a religious one, maybe read the whole of the opinion I made again but this time read it slowly.  :rollin

Then why say "Vows before God" if there is supposed to be no religious inference in your opinion? 

You bought religion into it for reasons only you can explain / justify.

And then you throw in the comment "major deceptive betrayal" which is an assumption on your part as opposed to a known fact to suggest that somehow it is the reason for our season turning pear shape

Bottom line is no one on this site, in the media or anywhere else knows exactly what happened except for the parties involved.

Sure there has been a lot of speculation but none us of truly know happened and truth be known we don't need to

I reckon Gracie has summed it up very well indeed. Dimma's personal life has nothing to do with it. But I suppose it is a great out for some of our under performing players
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #193 on: August 06, 2021, 01:48:44 PM »
pretty sure one of the mods loves to bring up religion and usually the one in question as well :shh

Bottom line is who gives a stuff he won us 3 flags. We may find out one day if it had an influence, though until then lets just celebrate george, aarts and chol being dumped.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2021, 01:53:27 PM »
Hallelujah