Author Topic: So close  (Read 1699 times)

Little Jackie

Re: So close
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 02:06:31 PM »
Newy was pathetic while trying to stage a free in the 3rd quarter when Milne just kept playing on  an goaled ::)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 03:23:10 PM »
The amount of times I saw Lids not chasing down players or atempting to tackle infuriated me! On at least two occasions he just couldn't push himself to run down his opponent which resulted in a shot for goal. McMahon also had a very ordinary game.

Funny really after both had such strong games last week  ???

Another great step forward. I'm really impressed with the game plan and the players intensity around the ball.

I must say that I am quickly tired of honourable losses though  >:(

Stripes

Ramps

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 05:17:05 PM »
The only reason Im not bitterly disappointed is that I know that we werent going to win anything this year so we may as well get good picks in the draft. We still have to many dumb and unskilled footballers.

if we get to round 15 with only 2.5 or 3.5 wins then we r in the same boat as last year and the draft is the only thing that can help us
You guys are going to appear so off the money by the end of this year it will be embarrassing to you.

We have only won 2games this season and one of those was against a team that just got beaten by the hapless demons after being 50 points up in the 3rd quarter. Hopefully you will be right and I will be wrong, but at the end of the day I want a Richmond flag and I can see it coming quicker if we get good draft picks this year.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 06:08:15 PM »
The only reason Im not bitterly disappointed is that I know that we werent going to win anything this year so we may as well get good picks in the draft. We still have to many dumb and unskilled footballers.

if we get to round 15 with only 2.5 or 3.5 wins then we r in the same boat as last year and the draft is the only thing that can help us
You guys are going to appear so off the money by the end of this year it will be embarrassing to you.

We have only won 2games this season and one of those was against a team that just got beaten by the hapless demons after being 50 points up in the 3rd quarter. Hopefully you will be right and I will be wrong, but at the end of the day I want a Richmond flag and I can see it coming quicker if we get good draft picks this year.
And I see it coming regardless of whether we get good draft picks next year (assuming by "good" you mean low - you only know the reality of a good draft pick well after the event).  I watched Hawthorn belt the living crap out of Collingwood yesterday so that validates our recent form just as much as Freo v Melb today.  Individual results don't mean as much as a sequence of results.  We have played 3 tops sides in the last 3 weeks and lost by a total of 15 points - in 2 of those games we would win with another 12 months experience in this side.  We are on the right track and I'm more than happy to keep pushing the 'patience' line.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 06:18:44 PM »
dont worry about the score board.
we are developing nicely, and we won that game, stuff the scoreboaerd

its plain obv, we are on the way up, the saints down

newman and king should both be dropped, they may do a flashy thing here and there , but they stuff ups are too costly

jordy and tuck should follow suit

these blokes should be replaced with guys like cotch, rance, coillins, casserley etc as soon as they are ready

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 08:06:24 PM »
Foley was on Ch 7 this morning and he looked quite down. He sure didn't smile when answering questions. I guess one positive is they're hurting after a loss and not satisfied with near enoughs.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 10:04:55 PM »
Foley was on Ch 7 this morning and he looked quite down. He sure didn't smile when answering questions. I guess one positive is they're hurting after a loss and not satisfied with near enoughs.

Absolutely has to be another positive I reckon

Just on King I thought in the first after the Newman turnover when he kicked it over Johnson's head  :banghead :banghead and Dal Santo swooped his attempted chase down was sensational. He could have just jogged and made a half hearted effort but he didn't, he busted his gut to try and stop that goal. It is those thought of things that we are doing now that 12 months ago onlt a few would bother with.

As for Newman..... well I could get started but I wont  :shh :-X

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)