Author Topic: So close  (Read 1984 times)

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
So close
« on: May 03, 2008, 11:03:46 PM »
What a thrilling finish to the game tonight.

Jack was always going to fall short and i hope that his confidence is ok, i am sure he will be ok. Richo was great after the siren as was Rob Harvey in speaking to Jack.

Kel's kick was all but home when it hit the post and Browny almost snuck one in earlier.

I thought we played fairly well for what i seen of the match. Unfortunately i couldnt go and watched the 2nd half on TV. I couldnt sit down in the last qtr and was pacing back and forward with a stubbie in my hand. The only thing that pissess me off is that little piece of crap Milne kicked 7 goals. That really rubs salt into the wounds.

With most of our players getting a week off next week and Geelong having half its team playing, i reckon they will be cherry ripe for us to take them down.

Get on it now!!!

Go Tigers. :gotigers

Ramps

Re: So close
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 11:19:12 PM »
Continuing good sign from a variety of players. Disappointing to lose, we should have won, but in terms of the real future- I reinterate, good draft picks for us this year are vital. We need to find a variety of players and we have some players who still murder the footy, these players need to be moved out of the senior 22.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 11:48:56 PM »
What a thrilling finish to the game tonight.

Jack was always going to fall short and i hope that his confidence is ok, i am sure he will be ok. Richo was great after the siren as was Rob Harvey in speaking to Jack.

Kel's kick was all but home when it hit the post and Browny almost snuck one in earlier.

I thought we played fairly well for what i seen of the match. Unfortunately i couldnt go and watched the 2nd half on TV. I couldnt sit down in the last qtr and was pacing back and forward with a stubbie in my hand. The only thing that peeess me off is that little piece of crap Milne kicked 7 goals. That really rubs salt into the wounds.

With most of our players getting a week off next week and Geelong having half its team playing, i reckon they will be cherry ripe for us to take them down.

Get on it now!!!

Go Tigers. :gotigers
I need help, only just got home( i live in the Bush) and i knew that we lost by 3 points and that richo kicked 5 but what is it about jacks shot on goal? did he miss after the siren? How did he play? I rate him

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 11:53:02 PM »
Jack had a kick from about 55m after the siren to win the game, we were down by 3 pts. He didnt make the distance. Jack was ok tonight, nothing special.

Kel Moore had a shot about 1 min earlier directly in front about 40m out and hit the post.

Just wasnt meant to be!!!

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 11:59:36 PM »
Can someone explain what the deal was with Shulz's "non" mark and the Hyde free kicks. I was on the other side of the ground, at ground level, and there were no replays on the big screen at the best of times...

Also...what do we have to do to get a holding the ball decision in our favour. I know we had more frees for the game, but it seemed to be holding the ball against us and play on when we had them pinned. One that stood out was Gay-rig dropping the ball in the tackle only to have it fall to Harvey and end up a goal. The one where Reiwoldt injured his knee was another...just dropped the ball as soon as he was touched. Holding the man was paid.

Little things are costing us dearly this year.  :-\
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 12:13:44 AM »
Can someone explain what the deal was with Shulz's "non" mark and the Hyde free kicks. I was on the other side of the ground, at ground level, and there were no replays on the big screen at the best of times...

Also...what do we have to do to get a holding the ball decision in our favour. I know we had more frees for the game, but it seemed to be holding the ball against us and play on when we had them pinned. One that stood out was Gay-rig dropping the ball in the tackle only to have it fall to Harvey and end up a goal. The one where Reiwoldt injured his knee was another...just dropped the ball as soon as he was touched. Holding the man was paid.

Schulz's mark, "wasnt 15."  ::) :scream   

Riewoldt free was there, no prior and then was slung afterwards.  Thats certainly a free.

Hyde was a holding or some poo like Foley didnt put up with it all game.  :banghead

GTrain's was a clear dropping the ball, couldnt believe it.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 12:16:16 AM »

I always wondered, is it me barracking for the side that finishes last or do we just get screwd? Last week we shouldve got holding the balls heaps and it never happened. It doesnt seem to matter how you get rid of it as long as you do. The only other reason i can think of is that we are smaller in stature and get thrown easier thus making a tackle look heaps better than if you grabbed a 100 kg bloke

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 12:46:19 AM »
foot skills... :banghead

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 01:14:15 AM »
A few times Kanes footskills let us down.
Then again so did a few others.
In the first play of the match Morton had a mark or I thought gets crunched no free.
5 mins later Riewoldt (Nick) similar scenario free to him.
Hit the post twice in the last quarter.
Newman ball watching for Milne's 7th goal.
The Gehrig dropping the ball and about another 5 frees to us and Harvey kicks a goal.
How about on the Doug Hawkins Wing in the last similar play Harvey goes 360 degrees in a tackle no free.
The Schulz mark.
Gutted from inconsistencies in umpiring to a loss of 14 seconds to footskills.
Although in a few years time I may be looking at games like tonights as growing pains it is still so so so gutwrenching to lose. It was not as if we are playing like poo and losing by 3 points. At least we are somehow on the up.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 06:01:36 AM »

We had the run of the umps in the first half but they sure made up for it in the second half. A number of Saints just dropped the ball as soon as they were touched  ::). The Riewoldt one on the members wing near the footy was just so blantant  :scream. Often the umps were blindsided too which didn't help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Little Jackie

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 08:01:04 AM »
If everyone played the same way as Richo plays everyweek, we would have won by 5 goals.
What about Tuck in the 3rd quarter handballing to a teamamte who was stationary with his opponent behind him :banghead
Chris Newman , 29 possessions, refused to man up on occassions resulting in easy goals to Milne.
And dont start me on Schulz. Got in Richos road on 3 separate occaasions in the last quarter :banghead

Ramps

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 08:49:34 AM »
The only reason Im not bitterly disappointed is that I know that we werent going to win anything this year so we may as well get good picks in the draft. We still have to many dumb and unskilled footballers.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 12:19:39 PM »
The only reason Im not bitterly disappointed is that I know that we werent going to win anything this year so we may as well get good picks in the draft. We still have to many dumb and unskilled footballers.

funny ramps i saw geoff raines last night and his words were "im coming back to punt toad, to find the club the talls that they need"

weather he was pulling my leg or not he said this current crop were doing well but newman has gotta step back to coburg and we r in desperate need for a quality tall and Tall forward.

if we get to round 15 with only 2.5 or 3.5 wins then we r in the same boat as last year and the draft is the only thing that can help us
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 12:31:24 PM »

if we get to round 15 with only 2.5 or 3.5 wins then we r in the same boat as last year and the draft is the only thing that can help us
You guys are going to appear so off the money by the end of this year it will be embarrassing to you.

Tigermonk

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2008, 12:47:53 PM »
If everyone played the same way as Richo plays everyweek, we would have won by 5 goals.
What about Tuck in the 3rd quarter handballing to a teamamte who was stationary with his opponent behind him :banghead
Chris Newman , 29 possessions, refused to man up on occassions resulting in easy goals to Milne.
And dont start me on Schulz. Got in Richos road on 3 separate occaasions in the last quarter :banghead

Chris is playing so poorly
l'm not a person who judges football off possessions,  cause there is so many cheap possessions in a game of football
Richmond with so much overuse of the football will always have huge stats that mean nothing on a true game
how many times have you seen Richmond use 15 possessions to turn it over & the over side uses 2 possessions to cover the same ammount of ground to score goals. Happens every game
l watched Chris last night closely,  cause l have said too many & posted it here on the forum before that his form & decision making this year is poor & he needs to be rested.  hopefully this week off will help him, before action is takin for him to be dropped