Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 227961 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #495 on: July 20, 2015, 10:49:51 PM »

newman is the most the consistent player onthe list - consistently crap that is.

And on miles, Hardwick said himself they didnt realise how good he would be ( or words to that effect)  ::)
Neither did GWS or the other 16 teams I suppose.
but only hardwick made that asessment while he was tearing it up in the VFL

And again, Hardwick couldnt promote him earlier as he was Rookie listed. Those comments were made after he'd (Miles) been killing it at AFL for a month.

well lets consider the situation shall we?

we had maric with a long term injury but was not put on the LTI list, which would have enabled miles to be elevated earlier.

on or about 1'st of may jake king was put on the LTI list.
Miles was elevated 20th may.  He was named for his first senior game june 6th.

so i think you may be off the mark with comments that he could not have been elevated/played earlier

hardwick made those comments after he had been killing it at senior level and questions were being asked about why it took so long to give him a crack.

I was probably the only person not wetting myself over miles not getting a go earlier, because i felt we learned a lot about him in that he just put his head down and worked his arse off with performance after performance untill they could no longer ignore him.

I was greatly disturbed by the reason Hardwick gave as why this happened though, which was basically that despite carving it up at VFL level he didnt rate Miles.

I also think it may have been during this period that hardwick said that we were playing our best 22 and had nothing in reserve to bring in, despite getting embarrassed week in week out by pith poor performances
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #496 on: July 21, 2015, 03:04:35 AM »
Ben Lennon desperate to hold his place in Richmond’s line-up after win over St Kilda

Lauren Wood
Herald-Sun
July 21, 2015

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick is usually the one dishing out the job to his charges, but he can expect his own heavy tag this week.

After a solid performance against St Kilda on Sunday, small forward Ben Lennon plans on pulling out all stops to ensure he holds his spot in the Tigers’ outfit.

Lennon, 20, has been a fixture of Richmond’s VFL side this year, but made his mark on Sunday with three goals and 15 disposals.

In the absence of Shane Edwards, who is out with a fracture in his leg, Lennon pounced on his opportunity.

“I think I’ll have to knock on (Hardwick’s) door,” he told the Herald Sun.

“I’ll definitely be trying to touch base with him throughout the week and trying and get on his good side.”

Taken with a first-round pick in the 2013 draft, Lennon played seven games last year, starting as the sub on five of those occasions.

He’s now featured twice this season, saying he has been working with assistant coach Mark Williams to make sure he doesn’t waste his chances.

“Obviously I’ve been playing in the VFL and just trying to play well and push for a spot,” he said.

“I’m always talking with Choco (Williams) about making your mark when you get your opportunity.

“Hopefully I went all right and can hold a spot from this week.”

Hardwick isn’t offering the young gun any guarantees, but says he was pleased with Sunday’s showing from both Lennon and fellow youngster Matt McDonough.

And in a strong sign for 20-year-old Lennon, Hardwick’s confident that there’s plenty more where that came from.

“To kick three goals was terrific,” he said.

“They’re only going to get better. The difference between the game at VFL and AFL level is hard to describe these days. It’s a completely different ball game as we know, and the speed of the game will take them a little bit of time to get used to.

“Whether we afford them another chance next week, we’d like to hope so, and hopefully they can build on that performance.”

Saturday sees Richmond host Fremantle at the MCG, and while the ladder-leading Dockers might not have been on song in recent weeks, Lennon says the Tigers know they can’t afford to stop for a quarter like they did against St Kilda.

“We can’t take much out of their form lately, we’ve just got to take them on how many wins they’ve got,” he said.

“We’ve got to be on from the start to the finish”.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ben-lennon-desperate-to-hold-his-place-in-richmonds-line-up-after-win-over-st-kilda/story-fndv8t7m-1227449697572

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #497 on: July 21, 2015, 08:12:54 AM »
doesnt seem like anyone has told ben about his injury that will make him miss next weeks game and a few more.

"Hey Ben, you are injured. End of story, clown"
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #498 on: July 21, 2015, 08:22:45 AM »
doesnt seem like anyone has told ben about his injury that will make him miss next weeks game and a few more.

:lol :rollin

Bloody stupid Ben... ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #499 on: July 21, 2015, 08:53:53 AM »

Wait till Thursday then
Reports in rooms after game that he had an " adductor issue " and would miss 2 games
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:23:33 AM by Jackstar is back!!! »

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #500 on: July 21, 2015, 09:22:05 AM »

Wait till Thursday then
Reports in rooms after game that he had an " inductor issue " and would miss 2 games
Any competent electrician can repair that!! :lol

dwaino

« Reply #501 on: July 21, 2015, 10:08:08 AM »

Wait till Thursday then
Reports in rooms after game that he had an " inductor issue " and would miss 2 games
Any competent electrician can repair that!! :lol

I rewind electric motors. Just send Ben down and I'll sort his inductor out, can't do anything about his adductor though  ;D

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #502 on: July 21, 2015, 01:56:49 PM »
 :lol
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #503 on: July 21, 2015, 06:05:30 PM »

Wait till Thursday then
Reports in rooms after game that he had an " adductor issue " and would miss 2 games

u mean adductor cramp? lol

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #504 on: July 22, 2015, 07:04:48 PM »

newman is the most the consistent player onthe list - consistently crap that is.

And on miles, Hardwick said himself they didnt realise how good he would be ( or words to that effect)  ::)
Neither did GWS or the other 16 teams I suppose.
but only hardwick made that asessment while he was tearing it up in the VFL

And again, Hardwick couldnt promote him earlier as he was Rookie listed. Those comments were made after he'd (Miles) been killing it at AFL for a month.

Actually there were a few weeks there where he could of promoted him but chose not to and then even longer for him to actually get a game once promoted

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #505 on: July 25, 2015, 09:13:31 PM »
nice to have a guy that can kick
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #506 on: July 25, 2015, 10:10:47 PM »
Was all class today. His set shots never looked like missing and did a couple of kicks trying to centre the ball, one of which led to McKintosh goaling. Nice short pass to lids ended in a goal too. All up 4 goals (2 himself and 2 assists) in of the 10 scored is great stuff from Ben.

Well done son.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #507 on: July 25, 2015, 10:12:37 PM »
Was all class today. His set shots never looked like missing and did a couple of kicks trying to centre the ball, one of which led to McKintosh goaling. Nice short pass to lids ended in a goal too. All up 4 goals (2 himself and 2 assists) in of the 10 scored is great stuff from Ben.

Well done son.
He certainly looks the goods. Let's hope he keeps improving.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #508 on: July 25, 2015, 10:14:43 PM »
Why did we persist with Gordon over him?? Back the kids Dimma.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #509 on: July 25, 2015, 11:08:21 PM »
His play to set up McKintosh's goal was as good as anything you'll see. Bomber Thompson is a massive wrap on him.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.