Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 760916 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4710 on: February 17, 2020, 03:24:09 PM »
So what clever little hashtag would you have used to refer to Keating?  :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4711 on: February 17, 2020, 04:13:09 PM »
#italiansuits

#recessionwehadtohave

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4712 on: February 17, 2020, 06:00:58 PM »
You forgot:

#antiqueclocks

#unrepresentativeswill

#lizardofoz

#failedbrianepsteinwannabe

#bankstownbranchstacker

:shh
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 08:47:44 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4714 on: February 17, 2020, 11:48:19 PM »
:shh

Wouldn’t expect a reply

Apologies I forgot about this and had family stuff on yesterday. Hope that's ok with you  >:(

For the house of Reps I voted ALP but preferenced my way not their way, so the Lib dude got on at 3 instead of 5. Clive Palmers candidate who abused me because I wouldn't take their card got preferenced last

And in the Senate voted for Hinch's Justice Party because of what he achieved regarding Sex Offender register , Roysl Commission into Child Abuse etc.

As for Frankie bit of FYI for you. Yet again you had to throw in an insult...regarding Dan Andrews don't like the men at all. What he did to Fire fighters in their last EBA was disgraceful, what he did to the then minister who spoke out against it was even worse.

And as for #ScottyFromMarketing never said it but great suggestion, he should go. Not for the bushfire fiasco but this corruption. This far worse than him taking a holiday and lying about it

No consistency with you WP.

Look at the bali mp's  holidaying. I personally dont have that much an issue with it, but stuff if that was some liberal mp's you and MT would be all over it like a cheap suit.

It seems you only point out corruption when its on the other side of the fence. They all bloody do it, and you voted for shorten  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4715 on: February 18, 2020, 07:00:16 AM »

No consistency with you WP.

Look at the bali mp's  holidaying. I personally dont have that much an issue with it, but stuff if that was some liberal mp's you and MT would be all over it like a cheap suit.

It seems you only point out corruption when its on the other side of the fence. They all bloody do it, and you voted for shorten  :lol

You do understand I did not vote for Shorten, like you didn't vote for Scotty  :huh3

And what do you mean no consistency?

You are the one that is jumping from belli holidays to corruption

And did you actaully read what I wrote about Mr Banana Republic, so please read things before you gping throwing statements around

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=12416.msg671973#msg671973

So what clever little hashtag would you have used to refer to Keating?  :shh

#MrBananaRepublic
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4716 on: February 18, 2020, 04:23:05 PM »
I liked Keating. Best parliamentary performer in the history of Australian politics.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4717 on: February 25, 2020, 08:05:24 PM »
None of them were the Premier or the police and emergency services minister (Lisa Neville). Just 4 Greek Aussies doing the Zorba  :wallywink ..... oh no hold the Herald-Sun front page  :sleep.

Morrison was criticised not because he simply went on a family holiday but because:
(i) He didn't follow Westminster protocol and make public he was going on holiday and that McCormack would be acting PM in his absence.
(ii) His office wouldn't say he was in Hawaii when social media showed he was. 
(iii) He had downplayed the seriousness of the bushfires.
(iv) He tried to deflect blame onto the NSW premier.
(v) He was more interested in producing a marketing video to try and make himself look good.
(vi) His visits to bushfire communities showed a complete lack of empathy including turning his back on a resident talking to him and forcing people including exhausted firefighters to shake his hand.
(vii) It was found out Morrison had refused to meet (ex-)fire chiefs in May last year who wanted to warn him about the then upcoming summer.
(viii) He leads a government of man-made climate change deniers and scientific illiterates. Eg: Craig Kelly embarrassed Australia on British morning TV and Molan the other week said he doesn't rely on scientific evidence :facepalm.
(ix) He used accounting tricks rather than emission reductions to meet our Kyoto II 2020 target and claims we'll meet our Paris 2030 targets despite our total emissions now rising again since the LNP abolished carbon pricing.
(x) He bags Labor's emission target as "economy wrecking" despite the BCA supporting it and while his own government paper says it will rely on state Labor government reduction targets of 50% in Vic, Qld & the NT to meet our Paris 2030 agreement.

Morrison is full of it! The same goes for his denials and lies regarding his government's systemic rorting of taxpayers money. His so-called delivered (past-tense) surplus for 2019-2020 looks like being another lie as well.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4718 on: February 25, 2020, 08:15:23 PM »
:lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4719 on: February 27, 2020, 09:34:48 PM »
Kudos to Scotty from Marketing for being pro-active about the Corona Virus

It's a good move

Credit where it's due

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4720 on: February 29, 2020, 12:30:26 AM »
finally wp. Some kudos for the great man.

in all seriousness this virus is a big hoax to drive fear and anxiety into the community. Spoke to someone today who informed me people at school were stockpiling just incase

:lol :lol

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4721 on: February 29, 2020, 07:28:12 AM »

in all seriousness this virus is a big hoax to drive fear and anxiety into the community. Spoke to someone today who informed me people at school were stockpiling just incase

Trump trying to destroy the Chinese economy.

:lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4722 on: February 29, 2020, 09:17:56 AM »

Pretty sure this families of those who have died don't think it is big hoax. Nor, those who have had it  :huh3

Don't think it is a laughing matter at all

Better to be prepared than not

Think as nation we've seen the devastation when we are not prepared for something

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4723 on: February 29, 2020, 08:59:25 PM »
I'm not laughing about anyone who dies, but some perspective about the rate of death as opposed to other diseases and also SARS. It feels bigger only because of social media which wasn't as big a part as the previous

Sure it's good to be prepared for anything but I suspect sometime before the Olympics it will rebound

These things don't last forever

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4724 on: March 01, 2020, 09:53:23 AM »
I'm not laughing about anyone who dies, but some perspective about the rate of death as opposed to other diseases and also SARS. It feels bigger only because of social media which wasn't as big a part as the previous

Sure it's good to be prepared for anything but I suspect sometime before the Olympics it will rebound

These things don't last forever

Fair points

But when the epicentre is China and so many countries (ours included) rely so heavily on trade with China this is a major issues across the globe.