Author Topic: Polak a rookie & Cousins PSD pick 7 - AFL rejects Tiger request [merged]  (Read 12976 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Polak for Cousins? / Cousins to Richmond with PSD pick 7
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 08:26:48 PM »
I was the first to put my hand up and declare i dont want cousins but the more i hear eddie crap on about this, the more im starting to warm to the idea.

Actually it i like it.

stuff.k off eddie cousins is coming home baby
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Moi

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2008, 08:28:45 PM »
From what I've heard Polly won't play ever again and he's just on our list to help with his recovery by providing some motivation and being around with his mates training together. So what advantage are we gaining! Oh I forgot Eddie runs the AFL  ::).
No advantage, MT
We're disadvantaged by having him on the list, but good on the club for having a heart unlike some creeps.
I wonder if Eddie will get the support of the other clubs.  I sincerely hope not  :banghead
Not that I want Ben all that much, but it's infuriating Eddie would behave like this.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2008, 08:31:20 PM »
For the first time in history I agree with daniel161
I didn't want Cousins, but if it's going to pee off Eddie and Collingwood then bring it on

Online Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2008, 08:34:14 PM »
For the first time in history I agree with daniel161
I didn't want Cousins, but if it's going to pee off Eddie and Collingwood then bring it on

Agree, the Cousins bit is irrelevant now.  It's time to serve Eddie a plate of get stuffed with a side order of up your arse.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2008, 08:50:19 PM »
If Cousins gets picked up by us ill personally go and welcome him in myself then ill zip over to lexus centre with my new "such is Life tattoo on my chest"

Macguire is a complete and utter stuffhead, simple as that.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2008, 09:18:46 PM »
Funny stuff this ... seriously :rollin

Prease Exprain ?

Nothing sinister.. I just think it's funny, the whole drawn out melodramatic soap opera that it is ;D

Benny was going to Collingwood,

Then Comm Nixon says "don't do it Eddie" and the Pies say we aint interested

Ricky Nixon sooks and says "give the lad a go"

St Kilda says we want him, Nick Del Saonto faces the media says we cant wait til Benny gets to the Saints, that night their board says "no Benny for us" after their main sponsor says no way folks

Brisbane's Voss says I want him and then just before the draft they "er no Benny for us thanks"

Ricky Nixon then gets on the TV and radio sooking about how Benny's been treated by the entire "AFL family"

then we have some stupid woman from the players association saying this whole thing is a circus and we are dealing with a person.... well doh

Ricky Nixon sooks again

While all this is going on Benny says nuffink, when perhaps he should actually bloody say something, anything

Now we have tonight's events...

Where Eddie just had to come out sooking which sure beats listening to Ricky Nixon whaling & sooking

Should Richmond pick him up.... personally I am not fussed either way

Whatever happens; happens but lets just get on with it.

If you don't laugh.... :whistle

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2008, 09:22:40 PM »
I was the first to put my hand up and declare i dont want cousins but the more i hear eddie crap on about this, the more im starting to warm to the idea.

Daniel the above is one of your best efforts  :thumbsup

;D

Moi

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2008, 09:24:56 PM »
A West Coast supporter on 6PR said he'd jump ship and support the Tiges if Ben came here lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2008, 09:26:29 PM »
From the Age including Richmond's statement in bold

=====

Tigers poised for move on Cousins
 December 10, 2008 - 7:50PM

Richmond are making a late and audacious bid to recruit troubled AFL star Ben Cousins in next week's pre-season draft.

The Tigers have sent a request to the AFL for special permission to have injured defender Graham Polak placed on their rookie list, opening up a second pick at next Tuesday's draft.

It is understood the request has been made to clear the way for the Tigers to resuscitate self-confessed drug addict Cousins' return to the game after the former West Coast superstar was deregistered by the AFL last year.

It appears Richmond have made a commitment already to a player for their first pick and need the second in order to be able to select Cousins.

Polak hasn't played for the Tigers since he was struck by a tram in Melbourne in June this year.

The 24-year-old suffered bruising on his brain and was placed in an induced coma after the incident.

Since then he has begun a long recovery process and the AFL confirmed on Wednesday they had received a written request from the Tigers for him to be placed on their rookie list as his rehabilitation continued.

AFL football operations manager Adrian Anderson said in a statement he had been in touch with the other 15 AFL clubs to canvas their views on the request.

A decision will be made when the AFL Commission votes at its next meeting on Monday, December 15 - the day before the draft.

Speculation was rife on Wednesday night that 30-year-old Cousins, the 2005 Brownlow medallist, could be bound for Punt Road.

The AFL ruled before the national draft earlier this month that Cousins was free to attempt a comeback.

But, in the week before the draft, St Kilda and Brisbane ruled out recruiting Cousins, while Collingwood had done likewise a month earlier.

Richmond's highly unusual last ditch attempt will continue Cousins' controversial bid to resume his career.

Richmond were contacted on Wednesday night but declined to comment directly on Cousins.

But, in a statement, the club said: "The Richmond Football Club confirms that it wrote to the AFL seeking permission for Graham Polak to be placed on the rookie list for 2009, under compassionate grounds.

"The application was made with the full support of Polak, in the knowledge that he is still undertaking extensive rehabilitation after suffering an acquired brain injury earlier this year.

"The Richmond Football Club does not want to preempt the decision of (the) AFL commission and as such will not be making comment about potential draft selections until a decision is handed down next Monday."

© 2008 AAP

http://news.theage.com.au/sport/tigers-poised-for-move-on-cousins-20081210-6vss.html

Moi

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 09:43:57 PM »
6PR are getting emails saying lots will support Richmond if he comes here.
They're peeed off that the Eagles didn't support him, so they'd go and support us instead.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2008, 09:52:26 PM »
Can tell ya, got a bit excited when I heard all this on SEN on the way to work.
Eddie being 'Eddie' would make it all the better ! Really when you think about it, it is crazy no one has picked him up.  :santa

Online Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2008, 09:53:04 PM »
They're peeed off that the Eagles didn't support him, so they'd go and support us instead.

Could be good for membership.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2008, 09:57:23 PM »

Could be good for membership.

WA have allways had a good Tiger supporter base anyway, may get even better.  :santa

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2008, 10:10:12 PM »
Nooooooo!!!!

Has anyone from the club actually confirmed that we are going to take Cousins or is it all heresay? Decent of the club to want to put Polak on the long term injury list.  There isn't a chance there's a smokey in the psd?  Apart from one lying, arrogant, hairless drug addict.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2008, 11:25:49 PM »
Nooooooo!!!!

Has anyone from the club actually confirmed that we are going to take Cousins or is it all heresay? Decent of the club to want to put Polak on the long term injury list.  There isn't a chance there's a smokey in the psd?  Apart from one lying, arrogant, hairless drug addict.

I'm with you Julz.  I agree with daniel's sentiments - I would love to stick it to Eddie, but would much rather us get permission to demote Polak, watch and listen to Eddie stew and bitch and whinge, then take a kid anyway, telling the whole football world in the end that there is no place or tolerance for drugs of any type in sport.  But sadly, I think we might be a bit more mercenary than that.