Author Topic: Dylan Grimes [merged]  (Read 233340 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Dylan Grimes [merged]
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2011, 09:21:24 PM »
Considering what he was up against with little support defensively from the mids I thought he did OK

When Buddy had the space to run Grimes struggled, when Grimes was able to create a contest he did well

Kid will learn but a huge ask in game 2 IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2011, 08:23:14 PM »
He won't get the press and publicity of our young guns further up the field but Grimes did his role well tonight which is all you can ask of a cub in his 4th game. Playing on Buddy and Cloke in his first two games this year hasn't dented his confidence or focus and he's now shown an ability to play on talls and smaller forwards. Thomas had no impact tonight and the times he was matched up on Hansen he was able to get the spoil in.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2011, 08:33:15 PM »
Grimes was good. Rance was ok. McGuane was terrible.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2011, 08:34:12 PM »
He won't get the press and publicity of our young guns further up the field but Grimes did his role well tonight which is all you can ask of a cub in his 4th game. Playing on Buddy and Cloke in his first two games this year hasn't dented his confidence or focus and he's now shown an ability to play on talls and smaller forwards. Thomas had no impact tonight and the times he was matched up on Hansen he was able to get the spoil in.

He did do well didn't he, actually moves very well to, reminds me a bit of Dustin Fletcher, will be better when he is able to have the confidence of his ability to take a pack mark. He missed a couple tonight.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2011, 08:36:57 PM »

agreed, I havent seen grimes do alot wrong yet, he's really solid defensively, must be perserevered with , his confidence will grow and he will add offensively to his gaem, he can take a good mark
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2011, 09:09:57 PM »
He's going to be good. He's got a hard job and he's getting better with every week.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2011, 10:14:16 PM »

Yep.  :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2011, 12:09:36 AM »
disagree mcguane was abysmal rance was terrible especially first half and dylan was solid all game. when he gets some genuine size about him we will have our fb for the next 10 yrs.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2011, 01:01:26 AM »
Rance was pretty good tonite but I really liked Grimes game. We've found one in this kid I reckon.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2011, 02:18:25 PM »
Not expecting it now as he will still be finding his feet at this level especially against the quality opponents he's had to play on, but in time say by the time he reaches around 30 games you would like to see him add an offensive component to his game when he gains the confidence and knowledge of when to peel off his direct opponent and rebound outside defensive 50. That's what distinguishes a top modern full back like Scarlett from a fringe key defender like Thursty who remained just an old school spoiler. If Grimes can add that attacking component on top of his already decent 1-on-1 contesting and spoiling then we'll have found a player. He obviously also needs to bulk up more but that will come after a few more preseasons in the gym.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2011, 02:19:56 PM »
Rance was pretty good tonite but I really liked Grimes game. We've found one in this kid I reckon.

Rance lack a 'football brain' IMHO

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2011, 07:22:02 PM »
Grimes is doing well, he has come along way.

He was playing VFL reserves for the first half last year so his rise has been very steep.

He is still green and has a lot of improvement left in him. He is very determined and will be a good player for us.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2011, 08:35:38 PM »
Think Grimes is in front of Rance already.
Rance ordinary last night, the holding the ball was a disgrace along with his 2 dropped chest marks,
I dare not mention his handball to Nason in the last quarter where Nason ended up in the car park below. :banghead
My wife who goes to 2 games a year said, why did he handball to a team mate who was covered? I said he wanted to get him killed. ::)
it was a big hit on Nason

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2011, 08:40:04 PM »
I just watched the replay after downloading it and Rance was pretty good, he was very attacking with his disposal and his kicking has improved a long way.
A bit rusty at the start of the match, but most of the goals were kicked on McGuane, not Rance

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2011, 09:23:39 PM »
Think Grimes is in front of Rance already.
Rance ordinary last night, the holding the ball was a disgrace along with his 2 dropped chest marks,

Agree he made mistakes - wans't alone there

But that dive on the goal line right on the siren was a gem - that sends a message about courage & desperation IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)