Author Topic: Jeff Garlett to Richmond?  (Read 6289 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jeff Garlett to Richmond?
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2014, 04:37:36 PM »
Mate I was in the car driving when I read it. Could hardly text any more than what I did. Fair suck of the sausage!!!

You're a flog

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2014, 05:34:10 PM »

Mate I was in the car driving when I read it. Could hardly text any more than what I did. Fair suck of the sausage!!!

You're a flog
Clarify. I was in my car about to take off from my parking spot. I wasn't driving.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2014, 05:39:36 PM »
I'm driving, reading and writing this as I'm talking on the phone while having a shave and I think you're both flogs
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2014, 05:42:38 PM »
I'm driving, reading and writing this as I'm talking on the phone while having a shave and I think you're both flogs
Why?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2014, 06:28:41 PM »
I would presume he is talking on the phone because he received a call

the claw

« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2014, 07:43:20 PM »
FFS. The guy is 24 and with no injuries.  He should be at the peak of his powers, not languishing in the magoos!

Why isn't he tearing it up?  What's the excuse?

I say he can't play consistently well without Betts. He can't handle the number 1 small defender.

What does big tone and claw say?

Common, give us your explanation on what is his problem since you want us to recruit him.

The floor is yours!
when people start having hissy fits demanding answers  i usually ignore em just to pees em off even more.

hmm in answer to your question i have no idea as to why garlett is having a poor yr.  there could be lots of reasons. do i think the absence of betts makes it a bit harder yeah in some ways. but theres a flip side to that as well. where it should be benificial to him.

its laughable with posters like you.  we could have a bloke who does nothing for 4 yrs and then has one good yr and hes a keeper hes a damn fine player.
yet here we have a player who unlike a lot of our players has actually strung 3 or 4 good yrs together and as soon as hes in a form slump hes a dud. fair dinkum i dont get it.
when we asses players what the hell do we asses them on.  like i said there are some serious immbeciles on this site who dont have one iota of common sense to save themselves.

what i would like to know is what expectations do you have for a sml fwd.  how many goals is acceptable what attributes goal sense pace reads the play well.  sure garlett has some weaknesses he could improve on but as a sml fwd he ticks most boxes for me.
whats left, just performance and his performances over a pretty sustained period performing a role has been pretty darn good.

cmon you demand answers you rate his performances overall you rate his wstrengths and weaknesses and tell us all what you dont like or even better what hes doesnt do well or lacks in.

what would you pay for him claw? Bc whilst I would jump at getting him on the cheap ie PSD or a late pick we all know that aint going to happen. I wouldn't give up a 2nd or even 3rd rounder for him and I think that's where most of the pushback is coming from, no one would be prepared to pay what carlton will demand
look im just talking about his performances as a sml fwd and where he sits in relation to us. he would be based purely on performance a pretty big upgrade on any sml fwd that we have had in a long while.
what would i pay for him. certainly not 1st 2nd or 3rd round nd picks. so that leaves only a player swap.
id look at something like one of  vickery or griffiths for him . reckon vickery has some currency regardless of how myself and others rate him.
the talls always seem to hold value just look at hampson,
 perhaps vickery and our 3rd rounder for garlett and their 2nd rounder. they need a tall fwd we need a sml fwd.  we have mcbean, vickery and griffiths we can afford to offload one of these types.
if this was to happen i would not hesitate to use the 2nd rounder we get on a real tall fwd.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2014, 01:16:49 AM »

You're a flog
Clarify. I was in my car about to take off from my parking spot. I wasn't driving.

Well I'm a  :wallywink. Although that means you could of done more than text ;)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2014, 11:29:12 AM »
lol after all the crying like a baby  all we get is touche,  ya know theres an old saying put up or shut up.
with that sort of answer, so as not to look any sillier than you already  do  id suggest you shut up. im happy to debate the pros and cons of just about any debate on footy but it really does stop with childishness.

As for Garlett….
Positives: Pace, reads the ball off the hands well and can kick goals (at least in the past). Plays well when the side plays well. Good when not much attention is paid to him.

Negatives: Mentally weak - when he is having a bad day he can rarely contribute in any other way on the field and is generally a liability.  Struggles when he has the opposition's best small forward defender on him (hence why he has done poorly without Betts). Poor defensively, especially when he is having a bad day offensively. Can miss the most basic goals at time and takes the wrong option frequently.

Bottom line for me (as with any player) is that his best and his worst are far too far apart!!!!!!
We already have enough of those types for my liking. 

As for you big tone, what is your excuse for not answering my question?  At least claw had the decency to answer.  You just sit there in the gallery and take pot shots with name calling and the like.
You'd be a nightmare to live with if you behave the same way at home as you do on this forum!
My excuse for not answering your question is I couldn't be bothered. I find debating anything football with you  :sleep
And to be totally honest, you had said what you thought and I had said what I thought, we didn't need to keep going round in circles. Claw had given you stats to back what we thought, you gave us your opinion.
I called you a 6 year old girl, in jest, for saying "hissy fit" and you think I was being abusive. Harden up mate, some of the things others say must make you cry like a baby.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2014, 11:32:12 AM »
C'mon guys back to the topic

We already got the Griggster from the Blues and should be satisfied with how that went down

tony_montana

« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2014, 11:32:59 AM »
FFS. The guy is 24 and with no injuries.  He should be at the peak of his powers, not languishing in the magoos!

Why isn't he tearing it up?  What's the excuse?

I say he can't play consistently well without Betts. He can't handle the number 1 small defender.

What does big tone and claw say?

Common, give us your explanation on what is his problem since you want us to recruit him.

The floor is yours!
when people start having hissy fits demanding answers  i usually ignore em just to pees em off even more.

hmm in answer to your question i have no idea as to why garlett is having a poor yr.  there could be lots of reasons. do i think the absence of betts makes it a bit harder yeah in some ways. but theres a flip side to that as well. where it should be benificial to him.

its laughable with posters like you.  we could have a bloke who does nothing for 4 yrs and then has one good yr and hes a keeper hes a damn fine player.
yet here we have a player who unlike a lot of our players has actually strung 3 or 4 good yrs together and as soon as hes in a form slump hes a dud. fair dinkum i dont get it.
when we asses players what the hell do we asses them on.  like i said there are some serious immbeciles on this site who dont have one iota of common sense to save themselves.

what i would like to know is what expectations do you have for a sml fwd.  how many goals is acceptable what attributes goal sense pace reads the play well.  sure garlett has some weaknesses he could improve on but as a sml fwd he ticks most boxes for me.
whats left, just performance and his performances over a pretty sustained period performing a role has been pretty darn good.

cmon you demand answers you rate his performances overall you rate his wstrengths and weaknesses and tell us all what you dont like or even better what hes doesnt do well or lacks in.

what would you pay for him claw? Bc whilst I would jump at getting him on the cheap ie PSD or a late pick we all know that aint going to happen. I wouldn't give up a 2nd or even 3rd rounder for him and I think that's where most of the pushback is coming from, no one would be prepared to pay what carlton will demand
look im just talking about his performances as a sml fwd and where he sits in relation to us. he would be based purely on performance a pretty big upgrade on any sml fwd that we have had in a long while.
what would i pay for him. certainly not 1st 2nd or 3rd round nd picks. so that leaves only a player swap.
id look at something like one of  vickery or griffiths for him . reckon vickery has some currency regardless of how myself and others rate him.
the talls always seem to hold value just look at hampson,
 perhaps vickery and our 3rd rounder for garlett and their 2nd rounder. they need a tall fwd we need a sml fwd.  we have mcbean, vickery and griffiths we can afford to offload one of these types.
if this was to happen i would not hesitate to use the 2nd rounder we get on a real tall fwd.

agree he'd be better than anything we have and by a fair margin. Whether the blues would go for someone like Vickery/Griffiths I don't know but nice work  :thumbsup

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2014, 12:21:30 PM »
lol after all the crying like a baby  all we get is touche,  ya know theres an old saying put up or shut up.
with that sort of answer, so as not to look any sillier than you already  do  id suggest you shut up. im happy to debate the pros and cons of just about any debate on footy but it really does stop with childishness.

As for Garlett….
Positives: Pace, reads the ball off the hands well and can kick goals (at least in the past). Plays well when the side plays well. Good when not much attention is paid to him.

Negatives: Mentally weak - when he is having a bad day he can rarely contribute in any other way on the field and is generally a liability.  Struggles when he has the opposition's best small forward defender on him (hence why he has done poorly without Betts). Poor defensively, especially when he is having a bad day offensively. Can miss the most basic goals at time and takes the wrong option frequently.

Bottom line for me (as with any player) is that his best and his worst are far too far apart!!!!!!
We already have enough of those types for my liking. 

As for you big tone, what is your excuse for not answering my question?  At least claw had the decency to answer.  You just sit there in the gallery and take pot shots with name calling and the like.
You'd be a nightmare to live with if you behave the same way at home as you do on this forum!
My excuse for not answering your question is I couldn't be bothered. I find debating anything football with you  :sleep
And to be totally honest, you had said what you thought and I had said what I thought, we didn't need to keep going round in circles. Claw had given you stats to back what we thought, you gave us your opinion.
I called you a 6 year old girl, in jest, for saying "hissy fit" and you think I was being abusive. Harden up mate, some of the things others say must make you cry like a baby.
It's not a matter of hardening up. It's a matter that you are just plain rude!
Even now, you admit to calling me a 6 year old girl and then immediately call me a cry baby.
Mate stop the name calling and get back to the facts.
Both you and claw have not responded to the two important facts I brought up. I agree with much of what claw says but he too, like you, is intolerant of others with differing opinions.
Neither of you have really answered why he has been so poor without Betts. I also made the comment that his best and worst is too far apart. Those sort of players are rarely found in successful/premiership sides. Why do you want another player like that in our team?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2014, 02:46:57 PM »
Jeff Gartlett ain't getting us off the bottom of the ladder.
FACT!
Nothing really to debate, if we can get him for nothing, it could shift  a chair or two in the good ship Titanic but there are bigger things to worry about
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2014, 04:53:55 PM »
Garlett is the type we need to add some bite, bare in mind we could get Leroy Jetta for FA , similar kind of players no?
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2014, 04:58:29 PM »
Garlett is the type we need to add some bite, bare in mind we could get Leroy Jetta for FA , similar kind of players no?

Leroy Jetta is a bigger no than what Garlett is.

No to both.

I'd rather have Dane Zorko from Brisbane. :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2014, 05:54:50 PM »
Jeff Gartlett ain't getting us off the bottom of the ladder.
FACT!
Nothing really to debate, if we can get him for nothing, it could shift  a chair or two in the good ship Titanic but there are bigger things to worry about
by himself of course he wont get us off the bottom. sheesh by itsself pick 2 3 4 or 5 or what ever the pick we get is, wont get us off the bottom.
but find a decent sml fwd, find a combative competetive decent kp  fwd. find a real good big bodied kpd find two or 3 real good mids and one or two other types   and as a collective they will get us off the bottom.
we cant fix all the problems in one go there are just too many.and if we take exclusively kids we can wait 3 or 4 yrs before we get anything  consistent or substantial out of em.
i look at this site and others and i dont believe for one second that richmond  people would have the patience to go back to the bottom for another 3 yrs, they are forever screaming out for results right now. 
if people think next yr things will just magically turn around they are kidding themselves. especially if we take nothing but 18 yr olds. im happy to take nothing but kids but if we do i know it will take time.

i keep on saying it go to the draft with our first 4 or 5 picks and take the best quality kids we can get our hands on. then address a few  serious needs by taking one or two  mature types if possible with f/a, psd late nd, trade, or rookie draft.
swap vickery or griffiths for garlett with an upgrade of picks.  that fixes a problem,   take the best most accomplished player we can in f/a, look hard at the state league lads and look hard at players not getting a go at other clubs especially gws and gcs. it aint hard to do.

personally id like to see us cut and trade 9 or 10 players including rookies. id like to see 6 or 7  juniors bought into the club and 3 or 4 mature types.