Author Topic: Either Wallace is up to it or not: Patrick Smith  (Read 5555 times)

Ox

Re: Either Wallace is up to it or not: Patrick Smith
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 07:25:00 PM »
The only message this sends to me is,as a player I would hold sweet FA loyalty toward the club as it
doesn't even honor contracts.

There a plenty of other clubs who do....a nasty curve ball when u consider the fact Lids,Cotch,white etc are all young enough to go elsewhere and not skip a beat.

It's really unnecessary at this stage of development.

WTF Is a Hardwick gonna do - bring out the best in a team that has the finally learnt
how to play the brand of footy that TW and the coaching panel have clearly been
trying to get them to play.

Gimmee a stuffen break.

bushranger

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 07:30:09 PM »
Hardwick would add the hardness that we really do need.

Offline joos

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 07:33:59 PM »
oh my, there are some wallace lovers out there.

hardwick will get us back to being a powerhouse team, and will get us in finals asap

he is not a bs artist like the snake wallace

Ox

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 07:42:58 PM »

hardwick will get us back to being a powerhouse team
, and will get us in finals asap

LMAO @ 3 posts and assuming those against breaking contracts do it solely for love of wallace.

That's a fools interpretation as well as one held by an idiot who is continually re-joining the forum under false pretense,mainly because he's an imbecile of plague proportions and exemplifies a basic failure to converse at any other level... :wallywink.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:23:00 PM by []())([] »

Offline joos

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2008, 07:55:16 PM »

hardwick will get us back to being a powerhouse team
, and will get us in finals asap

LMAO @ 3 posts and assuming those against breaking contracts do it solely for love out of wallace.

That's a fools interpretation as well as one held by an idiot who is continually re-joining the forum under false pretense,mainly because he's an imbecile of plague proportions and exemplifies a basic failure to converse at any other level... :wallywink.

that's the courtsey a new comer gets on here? wow

well wise guy, how the heck do you know that terry did not have a performance clause in his contact? Maybe he did, maybe there was a clause that says no finals in 4 years your contract is void.

and btw wise guy, if terry walks, which is what is rumoured he will, then he is not fulfilling his contract and like he has in the past walked away like a weak fairy, something maybe you have in common with him. :wallywink :wallywink

bushranger

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2008, 08:02:31 PM »
And just think back to when Terry was running out on his last team. Yer fair enough he didn't leave but was sacked for going behind closed doors. So it might be a little bit of what goes around come around. Just a thought.
As he showed no loyalty to them.

Offline ric

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2008, 08:08:22 PM »
why pay him out for a season though?

How would this be beneficial to a club in any way?

Hardwick - LMAO - What an un-tested schmuck ffs !!!

Wasnt Clarkson untested?

Ramps

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2008, 08:30:43 PM »
Can anyone confirm any of this stuff. Is wallace out?

Ramps

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2008, 08:44:56 PM »
We are one big happy online community at OER  ;D

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2008, 08:48:33 PM »
Waves hello to the guests  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2008, 08:52:45 PM »
Fun over people. I'll remove the irrelevant stuff to the thread.

Edit: right back to topic and the rumour by fogdog on bomberblitz:

"After my spiel in the Leigh Matthews thread I am taking a risk with this one.

Terry Walace will resign from the Tigers before the grand final this season. In fact the speculation I am hearing is there is a big big chance it will happen tomorrow as early as 11.00 am."

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?s=26158885dc5b367310a67034e820284e&showtopic=44578

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:11:55 PM by one-eyed »

Ox

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2008, 10:12:33 PM »
why pay him out for a season though?

How would this be beneficial to a club in any way?

Hardwick - LMAO - What an un-tested schmuck ffs !!!

Wasnt Clarkson untested?

4 years later...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2008, 10:49:01 PM »
A coach fighting for his future is vulnerable - no matter how drenched in integrity he is - to taking an expedient option rather than the one best placed to strengthen the club not momentarily but permanently.

If TW, or any coach, is more interested in saving his job, rather than doing his job properly, then it’s time to get out voluntarily, or get pushed.  Who does it serve otherwise, and for how long?

Fair call TS (nice to see you back btw :thumbsup) but I don't think he is interested in trying to save his job. I just think he wants to do his job. Surely he should have some say on who stays and who goes...

I haven't seen anywhere where he has asked asked for a contract extension. On the contrary when asked he has said they'd look at it next year at the end of the current deal.

I've said a number of times I don't believe in contract extensions but even I am starting to think they should extend his contract now simply because I don't want to put up with the rumours & innuendo that are around now and we are likely to have to put up with for the next 10 months.

Isn't it about the club and football?

What I've seen in the last week since the now imfamous "5/10" comment was made on Sunday is the media has gone into a frenzy, which when you think about it isn't a great surprise becuase we are talking about Richmond here...

The media and some supporters want things to go pear shape because it makes good "copy" for the media and they can say "what do you expect it's Richmond" and some suporters want it all to be true because they can feel good about themselves and say "I told you so"

For the first time in a very long time I actually see light at the end of this very long tunnel that we've been stuck in for nearly 30 years and from where I sit that's a GOOD thing

However, with what is going on at the moment I am now very afraid that the steps forward we've made this year in particular are about to be overshadowed by a giant leap backwards because the egos of a few threaten yet again to take over this Club - OUR CLUB
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 10:31:44 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2008, 11:00:27 PM »
ANd it was interesting listenign to 3AW driving home.

Healy asked Graeme Bond what should Richmond do, he said that if it was going to stop the rumours and innuendo and allow Wallace to do the job he was employed to do they should give him an extension.

Bondy suggested 2 year extension meaning he'd coach for another 3 - 2009-2011. Bond said in his opinion Richmond had made significant improvment this year with a very good young list.

Also mentioned that the 5/10 rating was harsh and not a true reflection as we were tlaking about a team that won last year's wooden spoon and most people had predicted another bottom 4 finish
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »
The problem is the club's own creation. Publicly stating it's finals next year or never for Wallace. Why did ti need to be made public  ::) and whatever happened to just stating the company line of we're going to decide at the end of next season like we originally planned to do at the start of Wallace's contract, it's the way Terry wanted it too, and nothing has changed and if the media don't like it then that's their problem!

The RFC has never learnt to shut their gob  ::) and just because the media ask you a question doesn't mean you have to answer it directly. All next year after every game it's going to be Wallace gone after a loss and Wallace staying after a win.  It'd be laughable if it was another club.

And now we've got the likes of Patrick Smith writing garbage about the club should by now know if Wallace can coach or not and that the club should sack him and throw away $600k  ::). Hey who cares if the main part of Wallace's 5-year contract was not about his coaching but to construct a list that by the end of his term would deliver sustained success in the long-term and that's what he'll be judged by.  

As for the rumour - please it comes from an Essendon supporter on bomberblitz where they've been bagging Richmond non-stop for the past 7 weeks since we beat them  :sleep. It's now rumour season till trade week don't forget where 99.9% of rumours are made-up :yawn.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd