Author Topic: Either Wallace is up to it or not: Patrick Smith  (Read 5697 times)

Moi

Re: Either Wallace is up to it or not: Patrick Smith
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 05:50:05 PM »
Oooh must admit, there has been an eerie silence at punt rd since Monday
You got any juice, Joos?
 :rollin

Offline joos

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 05:52:23 PM »
You got any juice, Joos?

As in the liquid kind?  Or the gossip kind?

Moi

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 05:55:28 PM »
You got any juice, Joos?

As in the liquid kind?  Or the gossip kind?
I reckon goss would come in handy - not made up though

Offline joos

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 06:01:03 PM »
All i know is what i read on here, but this rumour about Terry walking is gaining momentum.  Suppose we will all know tomorrow

Offline Cleishy

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 06:09:14 PM »
This rumour is popping up in a few places. The last few times something has been spreading like this it has been true.

Offline joos

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 06:09:56 PM »
from woody80 on bigfooty

"Gone! Walked before ge got Sacked You Heard it First "

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489602

Offline Cleishy

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 06:16:55 PM »
Someone else kept posting it on the main board as well but the threads kept being deleted.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 06:23:48 PM »
A coach fighting for his future is vulnerable - no matter how drenched in integrity he is - to taking an expedient option rather than the one best placed to strengthen the club not momentarily but permanently.

If TW, or any coach, is more interested in saving his job, rather than doing his job properly, then it’s time to get out voluntarily, or get pushed.  Who does it serve otherwise, and for how long?

If the Richmond board of directors thinks it needs another six months to figure out if Wallace is the right coach for their club it is more an indication that they need to reassess their competency rather than that of Wallace.

Maybe so, but what’s the hurry to re-appoint TW?  Besides, perhaps things have only recently started to change for the better.  Because when TW came to the Club in 2004, he was virtually given free reign.  Between TW and GM, they all but ruled the roost.

That was then and thankfully things now seem to be different, and instead of the Club all but handing over responsibility to others, to direct and orchestrate success, they now at least seem to recognise that it is their role to steer and monitor progress, and not the coach or someone else.

And it is their business to know, or at least get to know, what makes a good coach and coaching department.  Clubs don’t pay various people within a footy club/department for no good reason.  If progress is being made then they need to at least pretend to have an understanding of who is responsible for it and who needs to lift their game.  If RFC needs another six months to know more then so be it.  Better late than never.

Unlike what seemed the case previously, the coach is not a law unto himself.  Who and how TW’s coaching was monitored back then is a mystery. If TW needs to have his ego stroked at every turn, in order to commit to the role, under these new conditions, then we don’t need him.  His role, first and foremost, is to coach the players at his disposal.  It should be up to the Club to determine what is and isn’t good enough.

Realistically, where is the certainty that next season will see us progress to the finals?  Young players progress, and so they should.  But is that simply through experience and game time, or because coaching progressed them further than experience alone ever could?  And who is responsible for that, TW and/or others?  The question I ask is ‘can TW take the players to the level required’?  How would we know?  It is up to RFC to determine that and act on it, as, and if, appropriate.

I think it’s healthy that RFC question and challenge the status quo, rather than just accept, as has happened in the past, that the next step is a natural progression to finals.  We’re still dealing with the effects of the last time RFC took things for granted.

TW is there to do his job and RFC is there to do theirs, which doesn’t involve accepting mediocrity and that things are now perfect and ideal and that our course is assured.

RFC needs to do the right thing by the Club, and TW does not constitute the Club.  TW’s authority may have been eroded to what it needs to be for any coach, and rightly so.  For the first time in a long time, perhaps things are as they should be.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Ramps

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 06:28:08 PM »
If Wallace goes now then it probably serves everyones purpose. I said this one week ago. If he goes now, he says I left Richmond at 11 1/2 wins with a good young list, locked and loaded lol (his opinion). This means that he keeps his credibility in terms of working in football media. No one can doubt his 11.5 wins this season. On the other side are the people who dont like him or doubt his capacity to win us a flag, if he goes they get there win as well. Richmonds group of youngsters get a new voice and a new direction, if there has been a change hopefully it is a productive change that continues to help us improve as a club.

bushranger

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 06:44:06 PM »
I will say it again that I was one that thought that Terry was the right man for the job. Now in highinsight I think that we could have done better.
And if he goes I will not shed a tear.
But will this give Matthews another leg in to a coaching job or Sheedy.

Offline joos

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 07:05:48 PM »
Na , Hardwick is the man!

Offline ric

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 07:08:18 PM »
Na , Hardwick is the man!

I think Joos has the correct information.
Hardwick is the man according to G. March

The Cotch

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 07:10:09 PM »
And Buckley assistant.

Ox

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 07:12:13 PM »
why pay him out for a season though?

How would this be beneficial to a club in any way?

Hardwick - LMAO - What an un-tested schmuck ffs !!!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 07:13:48 PM »
i read that maybe he has a clause in there.

no finals after 4 years then the rfc can do what they like re:contract.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.