Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272306 times)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #510 on: April 08, 2009, 08:52:43 AM »
it is amazing on this site how whenever someone has a different opinion to another the personal abuse and insults come out in full force.  when i joined this site, i received a pm from a member welcoming me here and telling me how this is a great site with great mods. However, all i read are posts which say otherwise. 
what a shame we all think differently and have different opinions, we should all think the exact same thing  :banghead, it will make for a boring forum and debate, but at least all the personal attacks on here would stop.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #511 on: April 08, 2009, 08:11:44 PM »
it is amazing on this site how whenever someone has a different opinion to another the personal abuse and insults come out in full force.  when i joined this site, i received a pm from a member welcoming me here and telling me how this is a great site with great mods. However, all i read are posts which say otherwise. 
what a shame we all think differently and have different opinions, we should all think the exact same thing  :banghead, it will make for a boring forum and debate, but at least all the personal attacks on here would stop.

If you look a little bit deeper you will see that almost all personal attacks are centred around one poster - to and from.  There is a lot of history with that poster and most others are prepared to listen to and offer reasonable arguments or points of opinion but when it comes to this person in particular then most others patience has well and truly gone.  This is a good forum and you do receive a lot of information, balanced argument and passionate support.  Don't judge our book by one cover.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #512 on: April 08, 2009, 08:13:35 PM »
being new here maybe i am judging too early

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #513 on: April 08, 2009, 08:15:21 PM »
lyon is right, it was a selfish and stupid act.

Mcguane IMO best start packing his bags for the Gold Coast if he keeps that up

Gee is there anyone in our side who is up to your stellar, personal standards? ::)
Sometimes I wonder why you bother, it's not passion it's pessimism in your all grey and white world.

I would love to see the list of Richmond players up to Dans standards.Daniel please indulge me.....

Richo
Campbell
Knights
Flea
Michael Mitchell
Rioli
The General
Michael Gale
Geoff Raines
Cloke
Tuck
Lids
Cotchin
Jack R.
Foley of 2007
Chris Bond
Moore
Polo
Jamie Tape
Roach
Lambert
Duncan Kellaway
Jeff Hogg
Tony Free
Cogs pre injury

There are probably some more but i cant think of them at the top of my head.

If our side was built around these type of personalities and skill then maybe we would not find ourselves in the same position year in year out.

eclectic bunch, did you put much thought into that list. :lol

i did the list while i was playing lego with your mrs last night

let me know tell you all the pieces slotted in nicely right into place.

so who writes your stuff. :lol

sybil complex.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #514 on: April 13, 2009, 10:28:09 PM »
Well it should be delightful tonight

Caro and Thomas  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #515 on: April 13, 2009, 10:30:40 PM »
Not hard to guess what Caro, Thomas and co will say about us tonight. Eade on and Hutchy saying what next for the hapless Tigers and their coach Terry Wallace.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #516 on: April 13, 2009, 10:45:19 PM »
Well Caro's on fire, suggested terry wont be there next week but then when Hutchy called her on it said yes he will be

Thomas just paid out big time on tambling

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #517 on: April 13, 2009, 10:48:48 PM »
Summary

* Caro - Richmond were pathetic. She only watched a half as she had to get ready for the show.

* Wallace is almost at the point where he has to decide whether he is the cure to the disease that is the Richmond football club

* Hutchy believes we will win next week. Caro said there's no guarantee.

* Not impossible for the club to act on Wallace now. March has promised Terry he will coach to the end of the season but there's always an out for presidents. Not really fair on Terry as the players not playing for him. Players simply gave up today and never had a crack as they didn't against Carlton. It's not the loss but the manner of the loss.

* Thomas said in the first quarter we played on quickly. After quarter time we didn't which played into the Bulldogs hands and the confidence went down the toilet.

* Tambling doesn't understand gut running. Just jogs the lines.

* Caro said there was no leadership today. Newman has had a disasterous start to the season as captain. The game may have past Browny. Richo has another year in him but Lake beat him hands down.

* Forward non-existent - Schulz a flop, Riewoldt good early before the knock, Morton didn't do enough.  Hutchy asked where is Hughes.

* Eade said he believed Richmond has the run and worked hard today but just turned the ball over too much.

* Eade said he doesn't believe Cambo was promised the senior role at Richmond. He always wanted to get back to Punt Rd and help in some capacity. As far as a future coach he's still early in his development but he was great in the 18 months with the dogs.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #518 on: April 13, 2009, 11:17:08 PM »
There's a few in Blingers book in our playing group.

Unless JohnF has influenced the club to change their mind then someone should tell Caro Cambo didn't make our team of the century  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #519 on: April 13, 2009, 11:39:42 PM »
Actually Caro should be in politics  ;D

Flipped/flopped beautiful this evening on the TW issue  :rollin

Tigermonk

« Reply #520 on: April 14, 2009, 09:59:44 AM »
Caro = Bookworm   :rollin No 1 Cares

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #521 on: April 17, 2009, 03:53:04 PM »
Plough through the minefield
16/04/2009, Grant Thomas

The Tigers have a chequered history when it comes to patience with their incumbent coach. For better or for worse they usually sack then think.

It is as though they are the governors of popular opinion. Courage under fire and standing by their decisions are not a high priority.

It is with this in mind that Terry Wallace should be shaking in his Hugo Boss boots.

Plough seems to have been in denial and "catch-up" ever since the fateful decisions made in year one of his five year term.

There is no doubt Plough had a different opinion than most of the existing list and subsequent selections. The spin applied since has been... well, let's call it amusing.

When you get a five year contract you make the most of it by cutting back to the bone and setting the direction in a very definitive manner rather than settling in to cosyland, whacking on the slippers and watching the world go by.

There is undisputably no doubt Wallace made the wrong call and has been playing catch-up ever since. This will define his reign and probably lead to his downfall if it happens.

But will he survive?

If he can galvanize the group and manage the players to some very high, but achievable standards (set by the players mind you), focussed directly on effort and accountability, he is a chance.

The guy can coach - make no mistake about it. What he needs now is support and time. I'm just not certain the heirarchy have the ability or courage to provide either.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/Blog.aspx?blogentryid=393857&showcomments=true

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #522 on: April 17, 2009, 11:17:07 PM »
The Tigers have a chequered history when it comes to patience with their incumbent coach. For better or for worse they usually sack then think.
Just 2 coaches in 10 years and no sackings despite the lack of success would dispute that. That's just spurting out an old myth that no longer applies.

When you get a five year contract you make the most of it by cutting back to the bone and setting the direction in a very definitive manner rather than settling in to cosyland, whacking on the slippers and watching the world go by.
Is that from personal experience at St Kilda Grant with the list you had?!  :wallywink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #523 on: April 18, 2009, 08:36:14 AM »
Just 2 coaches in 10 years and no sackings despite the lack of success would dispute that. That's just spurting out an old myth that no longer applies.

Got to say MT, that we sack this time then what has happened in the the last 10 years wont mean anything....the old myth will apply

Rightly or wrongly.....

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #524 on: April 18, 2009, 12:08:09 PM »
And some on here have put this tool up as a prospective coach for us!!!!!!

We have sacked 1 coach in 20 years - Robert Walls in 1997.  Just goes to show how much he believes and accepts populist crap without checking his facts.