Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272707 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #555 on: May 19, 2009, 09:20:46 AM »
Hutchy said he still thinks we have a sneaky chance to make the Eight  :o given our completely different midfield with Cuz, Cotch and Cogs. The draw opens up now and Richmond came home strongly in the second half of the season last year. He said the Board should tell Plough tomorrow night that this is his last year no matter what happens but that he'll coach the rest of the year out and for us to go all out to win.

Sounds like a recipe for another ninth finish

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #556 on: May 19, 2009, 09:47:28 AM »
What I found most "interesting" last night was how all of them were on the Benny bangwagon.

They were saying how good he was for our young players, how well he played etc. Thomas said he had been most impressed with Cousins leadership out on the ground..... Caro said he was just devastated after the game, Lyon said he (Cuz) had taken it upon himself to try and lift the team

After round 1 or 2 I think it was it more critical than complimentary :lol

Footy is a funny game
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #557 on: May 19, 2009, 01:52:13 PM »
Caro said tonight ...... Richo to decide whether he stays at the end of the season.

Well she obviously didn't see One Week at a Time.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #558 on: May 20, 2009, 02:57:34 AM »
It was funny WP seeing them all now ardent Cuz fans. Wasn't Caro against us picking up Ben?

They showed two boo-boos we made in the last 90 secs. Lyon first showed Morton kick OOTF and then at the throw-in on the wing it looked like it was Mitch? who ran away from the stoppage leaving two Port players on their own who gained possession of the footy and then he and two other Tigers were caught in no-mans land all alone at CHB as the ball went over their heads to 1-on-1 contests 20m out from Port's goal where Tredrea took the mark.

On the couch showed one mistake that led to Tredrea's mark in the last minute.  Our runner came on and pointed to Moore (who was on Ebert apparently) telling him to get back into the space in front of Tredrea.  Moore only got half way back (if that) when the now untagged Ebert got a free possession - long kick, mark, the rest is history.  The comment was that Moore should have made a much better effort in sprinting back although in his defence, Hird said that it's not the easiest thing to do at the end of a game.  My opinion?  What was the runner doing taking him from his man directly from within the contest?????
Because Kel should have been heading back into defence on his own accord or teammates telling him and others to as well. If he and other 3 had done so then they would've made it and clogged Port's forward line. There was less than a minute to go. It's not rocket science. The Port runner didn't need to tell Tredrea to head into defence after they hit the front. He was yelling and screaming to his players to get behind the ball.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #559 on: May 20, 2009, 09:51:48 AM »
The Port runner didn't need to tell Tredrea to head into defence after they hit the front. He was yelling and screaming to his players to get behind the ball.

Pity Tredrea's opponent didn't follow him (he should have) ... who was it again  >:( ;D

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #560 on: May 20, 2009, 11:41:23 AM »
If the team and coach had agreed to play man-on-man footy as the gameplan and stick to it, I could imagine Kel thinking he was doing the right thing to stick to Ebert rather than choosing to play as loose man in defence.

I guess it gets down to the agreed tactics between the coach and the senior players for certain situations during a game and whether they implement those tactics automatically or wait for instructions.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #561 on: May 20, 2009, 08:59:19 PM »
Damned if you do and damned if you don't at our club.  "Scapegoats 'r us"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #562 on: May 25, 2009, 09:29:47 PM »
I wonder if Caro will get stuck into Hutchy tonight.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #563 on: May 25, 2009, 11:31:54 PM »
Summary of tonight's show.....

* Hutchy reckons Plough has 1-2 games left. The club will allow him to reach his 500 game milestone as a player/coach. Terry's manager from ESP and Craig Cameron met today. Talked about the usual things but Hutchy added you'd be pretty sure Plough's situation would've come up in conversation. The Club has told Terry's manager that they've agreed that they'll pay out Wallace in full even if he decides to walk.

* Thomas says Gary March and the Board haven't provided the required leadership in what is essentially a footy dept (player/coach/footy manager) issue. They've been conspicious by their absence and they've let this issue fester for far too long. Everyone including his 8 year old son knows Terry is going. The Board should come out on the front foot. Thomas believes all this stems from the Board not backing Terry since last year and the clash March and Plough had last year. He said things like this go right through the club and playing group like a cancer. Caro defended March and the Board. She said Gary was at the meeting and spoke to them media after the Board meeting and they've handled what is a difficult situation well and stuck to their guns about having a midyear review and leaving all decisions till then. Hutchy agreed with Caro.

* On the game - Caro thought the celebration of goals and hi-5s were a bit over the top but maybe that's her. Lyon said it was always going to be interesting how the players reacted to the week and Newman who was at the centre of it all came out like a man possessed.

* They replayed Richo on AFL Gameday calling it a disgrace that Sugar and Simmo were singled out. Caro said tough as they were both involved.

* Lyon told Hutchy that Kingy wants to see him and Hutchy replied "Well Jake King, you shouldn't have gone to the meeting". Lyon still finds it funny Jake King was involved.

* Lyon asked Hutchy and Caro if they regret or take back anything the media has said over the past week. Caro said well Hutchy admitted he got it wrong and apologised. Hutchy got his back up and said he never apologised (still doesn't) and he never said Terry was sacked but that it would be a near certainty that he would at the meeting. Caro said well he wasn't sacked so the media (Hutchy) got it wrong. Caro said the Age's reports were accurate. Hutchy grumbled the show had become The Caro Show.

Benny Gale was then interviewed...

* Caro said Benny and Cambo were very vocal leaders in their time as players. She said it's been a problem at Richmond for a long time. The players removed Geischen. Gale said he found the suggestion that he went to the coach and got him sacked offensive. He finds it hard to believe a player would do it and all he's heard since coming back to Oz is innuendo. There's been no proof of anything said. Caro replied no one has come out and denied it. They've just been upset that it's been leaked.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #564 on: May 25, 2009, 11:40:28 PM »
I'm so disappointed Caro didn't have the guts to ask Benny if he would be interested in going on the Richmond Board in the future.

Anyone have any record of Gales thoughts on this?

Tiger circus continues unfortunately. Ge it hurts. Never thought I'd want to not listen to my footy club news, just very repetitive every where you go, would love to know how Polak is recoverying or Rance? Can't believe no reporter has mentioned how Richo is coming along or even if Cousins could play this week or not?....
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #565 on: May 26, 2009, 06:52:50 AM »
cant wait for this show to be axed, who stay up & watch such crap

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #566 on: May 26, 2009, 07:21:28 AM »
I'm so disappointed Caro didn't have the guts to ask Benny if he would be interested in going on the Richmond Board in the future.

Anyone have any record of Gales thoughts on this?

Gale has made it very clear that while he is head of the AFLPA there is no way he will become involved at Board level and thatin the short to medium term it isnt on his agenda

Benny Gale was then interviewed...

* Caro said Benny and Cambo were very vocal leaders in their time as players. She said it's been a problem at Richmond for a long time. The players removed Geischen. Gale said he found the suggestion that he went to the coach and got him sacked offensive. He finds it hard to believe a player would do it and all he's heard since coming back to Oz is innuendo. There's been no proof of anything said. Caro replied no one has come out and denied it. They've just been upset that it's been leaked.

I had a giggle when this bit came up  ;D All last week I kept thinking of the Giesch days and how the rumours of the time were that the players had a lot to do with his demise... Gale wasn't happy  :rollin

Moi

« Reply #567 on: May 26, 2009, 11:40:10 AM »

I had a giggle when this bit came up  ;D All last week I kept thinking of the Giesch days and how the rumours of the time were that the players had a lot to do with his demise... Gale wasn't happy  :rollin
I think I'm turning, I love Caro lol  :rollin
She's as tough as, holds her head high always and stands by what she says
It was a question I loved, whether it's true or not. 
There is a perception about the power of the team in getting rid of coaches in the past.  And that perception we really don't want to see continue on into the next generation.
As I said, I liked it and particularly liked seeing Ben squirm in his seat lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #568 on: May 26, 2009, 01:18:23 PM »
Here's the video of last night's show

Footy Classified: The panel discuss further developments in the relationship between coach Terry Wallace...
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video.aspx?tab=2&videoid=8FB47E7A-8354-409F-8569-982347DE9EBD

Footy Classified: AFL Players' Association CEO Brendon Gale jumps into the Hot Seat to be grilled by...
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video.aspx?tab=2&videoid=DAB6C9DB-9C08-41AD-B548-639023F08A50

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #569 on: June 01, 2009, 09:10:04 PM »
Caro and Hutchy will be fighting over who knew the news first  :wallywink