Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272323 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #795 on: March 31, 2010, 12:25:43 AM »

Don't knock people who volunteer
Without them this club would be nothing!
Besides I'm good at servicing  ;D

so l have heard  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #796 on: April 05, 2010, 10:06:15 PM »
No doubt Caro, Garry, Hutchy and Cornflakes will go to town on us tonight.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #797 on: April 06, 2010, 07:09:09 AM »
No doubt Caro, Garry, Hutchy and Cornflakes will go to town on us tonight.

Wonder what they will have to say about North who were woefully worse than us?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #798 on: April 06, 2010, 07:18:07 AM »
We hardly got a mention apart form in "good call, bad call"

Pretty boring night on Footy Classified  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #799 on: April 06, 2010, 12:04:45 PM »

GOOD!

don't need a mention every week!

:)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #800 on: April 12, 2010, 08:54:47 PM »

I think we may get a slight mention tonight especially from Caro  :whistle

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #801 on: April 12, 2010, 08:57:49 PM »

Agree I think Caro will be blowing her "foghorn" loudly tonight, with a few "I told ya so"s for good measure 

tony_montana

« Reply #802 on: April 12, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »

Agree I think Caro will be blowing her "foghorn" loudly tonight, with a few "I told ya so"s for good measure 

hope they dont let her get away with insinuating Ben was responsible for the drinking. The only thing Ben did wrong was not put out connors cold!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #803 on: April 12, 2010, 09:10:28 PM »
Sadly, it's already started with the headlines only about Benny and not about the 8 weeks handed to Connors for his continued stupidity.

tony_montana

« Reply #804 on: April 12, 2010, 09:43:09 PM »
I keep saying it, the media drive the agenda in footy, I know for a fact that certain journos sit down pre season and create a hit list for coaches in the gun for the upcoming season and will continually put heat on him and the club to get a reaction. It's a big notch on the belt if the club/coach crack. I'm not defending Wallace for one second but last season from rnd 4 till the break was a classic example of what I'm talking about, the blow torch was on the club every week with "surely hes going to be sacked at mid season review, sack him now, dead man walking. It was diabolical.

The thing that jerks me around the most is they create the sensionalist headlines like now with cuz, chase him from car to clubrooms like vultures all day and then 'the issue' is richmond can't continue with the circus sideshow that is cousins, its distracting the club, cant control it yada yada, and then they turn around and say don't blame the media we are just reporting the facts! effing parasites are leading the merry dance. They create the issue and tend it, nourish it.

I think most ppl dont give 2 hoots about cuzmania anymore yet the media are making it into an issue with no facts to keep the interest up. First Caro with the insinuations, he's go problems but Im not implying he does, then ricky-I saw him with his shirt off-ollarenshaw made a slly comment that had the media chirping, now cuz is suspended but nothing about the real muppet connors. This isn't just coincidence, this is a sytematic attack on a target. I effing hate this type of journos, lowest life forms.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #805 on: April 12, 2010, 10:21:51 PM »
I keep saying it, the media drive the agenda in footy, I know for a fact that certain journos sit down pre season and create a hit list for coaches in the gun for the upcoming season and will continually put heat on him and the club to get a reaction. It's a big notch on the belt if the club/coach crack. I'm not defending Wallace for one second but last season from rnd 4 till the break was a classic example of what I'm talking about, the blow torch was on the club every week with "surely hes going to be sacked at mid season review, sack him now, dead man walking. It was diabolical.

The thing that jerks me around the most is they create the sensionalist headlines like now with cuz, chase him from car to clubrooms like vultures all day and then 'the issue' is richmond can't continue with the circus sideshow that is cousins, its distracting the club, cant control it yada yada, and then they turn around and say don't blame the media we are just reporting the facts! effing parasites are leading the merry dance. They create the issue and tend it, nourish it.

I think most ppl dont give 2 hoots about cuzmania anymore yet the media are making it into an issue with no facts to keep the interest up. First Caro with the insinuations, he's go problems but Im not implying he does, then ricky-I saw him with his shirt off-ollarenshaw made a slly comment that had the media chirping, now cuz is suspended but nothing about the real muppet connors. This isn't just coincidence, this is a sytematic attack on a target. I effing hate this type of journos, lowest life forms.

Magnificent post.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #806 on: April 12, 2010, 10:40:42 PM »
Hutchy says he's going to tell what Connors did to earn such a suspension.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #807 on: April 12, 2010, 10:58:24 PM »
Brief Summary

According to Hutchy, Connors got drunk at the hotel mini-bar and tried to fight his teammates and had to be physically restrained by the 3 other teammates.

Caro said it was more 4-5am. She doesn't believe they others were not drunk. Not great leadership from them. Thomas and Lyon questioned her about the others being drunk and Caro replied you don't cop a week's suspension for nothing.

All agreed it was a tough line shown by Hardwick. Caro said Richmond will finish down the bottom so have nothing to lose with such a stand.

Lyon said Dimma should sit down with Ben and ask what it his purpose at this footy club. Talk from inside is Cousins has been a positive influence on the kids on the training track.

Hutchy said Richmond should cut their ties with Cousins. 31 years old and constant trouble. Every game he gets is a game a young kid doesn't get. He won't be getting a game within a month in Hutchy's opinion.

Caro repeated her claim Cuz was told last year to curtail his binge drinking and although the Club denied it publicly they have admitted privately.

Thomas said Cuz should have shown leadership by not making the incident start in the first place.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #808 on: April 12, 2010, 11:07:02 PM »
Well like I and many have said in the other related posts, this club just did not need this crap now or ever but particularly not now. What did those involved think out of this, did they think that the media and people like Caro and Hutchy would say nothing. They wollow in this tripe, but in the end it was the players that created it not the media.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #809 on: April 12, 2010, 11:43:39 PM »
It was farcical how on the news tonight it was still all about Cousins, Cousins, Cousins. I would have thought that with an eight week suspension the centrepiece of the story was Connors.
Now that gutter-sniping scum rat Hutchy is saying we should cut our losses with Cousins. It's absolutely true that these media whores have an agenda to drive certain people out of the game, be it coaches or players they have in their sights.