Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272313 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #900 on: June 17, 2010, 10:18:52 AM »
My understanding is that Seven And Ten won the TV right to broadcast contract and sub contracted out to Foxtel if I am correct Foxtel has no rights in this situation

Incorrect Mopsy - as part of the agreement that Foxtel has with Seven & Ten (and therefore by extension the AFL)all contractual obligations from the current TV deal carry over to Fox because Foxtel are deemed an official broadcaster.

The agreement is very clear - all official broadcasters have the right to request interviews with any player at the completion of any game and any and all players must be made available
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

TigerTimeII

« Reply #901 on: June 17, 2010, 10:25:19 AM »
when we played freo, foxsports  bagged the living poo out of jack, im glad he rejected then.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #902 on: June 17, 2010, 10:30:27 AM »
when we played freo, foxsports  bagged the living poo out of jack, im glad he rejected then.

X, Jack didn't "reject" them

Dimma sent the runner out and told the runner to tell Jack he wasn't to speak to the media
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

TigerTimeII

« Reply #903 on: June 17, 2010, 10:39:27 AM »

X, Jack didn't "reject" them

Dimma sent the runner out and told the runner to tell Jack he wasn't to speak to the media

thats what they say , i dont believe it, they are just protecting jack imo, if that is teh case why did he speak to sen radio, they are media. the club did this well

Ox

« Reply #904 on: June 17, 2010, 02:41:44 PM »
Who GAF!

stuff the afl contract - they suck ars.
When was the last time they did anything for us ?

Do it until we get fined,i dont care.
We got away with it and it was GREAT to see the sijtman Hutchy carry on like the unimportant,disrespected fool he is.
kudos to Grant Thomas :thumbsup

A GREAT move by the club keeping Jack away from the circus.

I think it would have disrupted his season

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #905 on: June 17, 2010, 03:02:22 PM »
My understanding is that Seven And Ten won the TV right to broadcast contract and sub contracted out to Foxtel if I am correct Foxtel has no rights in this situation

Incorrect Mopsy - as part of the agreement that Foxtel has with Seven & Ten (and therefore by extension the AFL)all contractual obligations from the current TV deal carry over to Fox because Foxtel are deemed an official broadcaster.

The agreement is very clear - all official broadcasters have the right to request interviews with any player at the completion of any game and any and all players must be made available
I stand corrected WP

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #906 on: June 19, 2010, 12:32:03 AM »
Freedom of speech also contains the right to say no ...

& up yours Duuurrrwayne

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #907 on: June 19, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »
I wish it went both ways and clubs could speak out regharding the crap umpiring

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #908 on: June 21, 2010, 11:24:32 PM »
We got a decent mention tonight...

Caro tonight re-told the story of her writing the article about us getting the St Kilda game moved from Etihad to the MCG and Demetriou cracking the sooks over us "boasting" about it and he changed it back. Both clubs backed her story up. Hutchy laughed as he didn't believe it.

On us Thomas said there's great enthusiasm and workrate. Shows Hardwick has the right model. He's been patient.

Our long kicks are way up over the past month. Thomo said it simply shows Jack is proving a tall marking option:
43.3   R 1-9
56.2   R 10-13

Thomas said we lacked respect from the oppositon. You wouldn't get to face a more inept Brisbane side.

Hutchy said it's a tragedy Martin can't win the rising star. Surely you should still be able to win it despite missing one game. Lyon said Martin is clearly the standout first year. A class act. Dusty has had twice as many clearances (5.2) as Scully, Trengove (2.6). Also more inside 50s: averaging 3.6 to the others 2.5.

They all praised Gus' game - 23 possies, 12 marks. Simmo made the right decision to step down which has given Graham the opportunity.

They compared Brisbane's recruiting to ours under Spud after 2001 when we topped up with Stafford and Hudson. Similar win/loss story the following year too. Hutchy bagged the Lions for giving Raines 3 year contract when he couldn't get a game for us.

In Good call/Bad call Caro asked Thomas that Richmond shouldn't win more than one more game for draft purposes (ie. priority pick). Thomas said bad call but he didn't know or say why. Caro said we should win as many games as win can.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:32:29 AM by one-eyed »

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #909 on: June 21, 2010, 11:33:20 PM »
We got a decent mention tonight...

Caro tonight re-told the story of her writing the article about us getting the St Kilda game moved from Etihad to the MCG and Demetriou cracking the sooks over us "boasting" about it and he changed it back. Both clubs backed her story up. Hutchy laughed as he didn't believe it.

On us Thomas said there's great enthusiasm and workrate. Shows Hardwick has the right model. He's been patient.

Our long kicks are way up over the past 4 months. Thomo said it simply shows Jack is proving a tall marking option:
43.3   R 1-9
56.2   R 10-13

Thomas said we lacked respect from the oppositon. You wouldn't get to face a more inept Brisbane side.

Hutchy said it's a tragedy Martin can't win the rising star. Surely you should still be able to win it despite missing one game. Lyon said Martin is clearly the standout first year. A class act. Dusty has had twice as many clearances (5.2) as Scully, Trengove (2.6). Also more inside 50s: averaging 3.6 to the others 2.5.

They all praised Gus' game - 23 possies, 12 marks. Simmo made the right decision to step down which has given Graham the opportunity.

They compared Brisbane's recruiting to ours under Spud after 2001 when we topped up with Stafford and Hudson. Similar win/loss story the following year too. Hutchy bagged the Lions for giving Raines 3 year contract when he couldn't get a game for us.

In Good call/Bad call Caro asked Thomas that Richmond shouldn't win more than one more game for draft purposes (ie. priority pick). Thomas said bad call but he didn't know or say why. Caro said we should win as many games as win can.

and she also said something like "not like other teams Richmond dont tank"..wonder who she was alluding to.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #910 on: June 22, 2010, 12:34:21 AM »
and she also said something like "not like other teams Richmond dont tank"..wonder who she was alluding to.
She said it looking at Garry  :whistle

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #911 on: June 22, 2010, 11:28:33 AM »
Yep, Caro gave Garry a nice little back hander to end the show.

Unleash the tornado

Tigermonk

« Reply #912 on: June 22, 2010, 11:36:53 AM »
lol you guys still watching this rubbish

How is old Caro  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #913 on: June 28, 2010, 11:48:04 PM »
Tonight they showed the form ladder over the past month and we are 4th  :thumbsup

W  L  D      %         Pts  
1. St Kilda       4   -  -    151.2     16
2. Hawthorn    4   -  -    125.1     16
3. Geelong      3   1  -   136.1     12
4. Richmond    3   1  -   126.6     12
5. North Melb   3  1  -   101.3     12
6. Collingwood  2  1  1   108.0     10
7. W.Bulldogs    2  2  -   132.4      8
8. Carlton         2  2  -    109.7     8
------------------------------------------------
9. Fremantle     2  2  -    108.2      8
10. Sydney       2  2  -    106.5      8