Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272707 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #945 on: July 12, 2010, 10:56:17 PM »
A bit of discussion about us tonight....

* Lyon said he watched the game and it was a stunning win.

* All is very well at Punt Rd according to Caro. Young kids standing up and Newman is just a general at defence.

* Lyon said Hardwick has the whole of Punt Rd behind him which is a first in a long time at Punt Rd. Port must be kicking themselves. Thomas said there's solidarity down there which is the oppostie to Port right now.

* Thomas said you could/can see he has a plan all along and despite the criticism early on he has stuck to it. Coach has given the kids the belief in what they are doing and they trust each other. Caro said it's amazing how quickly it has turned around.

* Hutchy actually said he got it wrong with us (shock horror) and thought we'd struggle all year.

* Lyon showed a passage in defence where 5 of our young players (Astbury, Webberley, Connors IIRC) worked the ball out of deep in defence under pressure while maintaining possession. Lyon said that's very impressive for young players to be so composed and in control under pressure.

* We have three quarterbacks now at Half-Back - Deledio, Newman and Connors.

* Caro said Newman is such a great leader.

* Freo will rue that loss and the missed chances in front of goal in the last quarter (Hill and Sandilands)

* Caro said "Richmond were very lucky to win that game" :rolleyes. Mentioned the interchange rule.

* Hutchy asked if Cousins will come in. Lyon said Webberley did well as Cousins' replacement and maybe Hardwick should send a message by playing Cuz in the VFL for a week. Caro said Hardwick said Cuz will come in. Thomas said given Richmond are not going to make finals then with 7 games to go play a kid instead. Hutchy said he doesn't hate Cousins he just believes Cousins playing takes a game off a kid like Webberley.

* Thomas said Hardwick is very consistent with his message win, lose or draw whereas Knights pumps up wins slightly and downplays losses a touch to please supporters so there's not a consistent message and players pick up on that.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #946 on: July 12, 2010, 11:17:04 PM »
* Caro said "Richmond were very lucky to win that game" :rolleyes. Mentioned the interchange rule.
8 goals to 3 after half-time. Yep very lucky to win eh Caro  ::)

Hutchy couldn't help himself having to have another go at Cousins  :sleep.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #947 on: July 13, 2010, 03:11:45 AM »
8 goals to 3 after half-time. Yep very lucky to win eh Caro  ::)

Hutchy couldn't help himself having to have another go at Cousins  :sleep.

Disagree a little MT...As well as we played in the second half,Diabolical kicking for goal cost Freo the game.

The wheel really has turned....Im so used to seeing teams kick goals out of their a@#$ against us-Now they are missing from 25 m out.

As for last nights show...OMG-The media absolutely love us.After watching the first 10 min of footy classified I thought I was watching a new show entitled "Everybody loves Richmond".
Unleash the tornado

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #948 on: July 13, 2010, 06:47:19 AM »

Disagree a little MT...As well as we played in the second half,Diabolical kicking for goal cost Freo the game.

Disagree Mat.  They missed 2 shots they should have got but there was only 1 scoring shot the difference between the 2 teams.  They are a top 4 side that was 11 points up at half time and were outscored 3-6 to 8-6 in the last half - 58 inside 50's to 51.  The free and 50mt for the interchange might seem harsh but at least it was adjudicated correctly - King could consider himself damn stiff giving away his 50mt penalty and goal by retaliating - especially given the crackdown on the instigators in the light of Thompson and Baker.  They got an absolute armchair ride off the umpires including their first 2 goals of the game - both of them incorrect decisions - 21 free kicks to our 13 in a game we were more committed, more often first to the ball, had more possession.  They are missing 5 players that I would consider influential from their team - Broughton (8 games), Mayne (11 games), McPharlin (8 games), Barlow (14 games), Tarrant (12 games).  We were missing Cousins, Foley and had 2 players out before half time and one severely hampered just after, and they have managed to win plenty of games without some of the above players this season - balances out their missing players a fair bit.

As much as I agree with your comments about the current RFC 'love-in' from the media, they have not yet given us credit for any win since the Port game - every single game has been lost by the opposition, not won by us.  Personally I'm happy to keep it that way as it will help keep young heads in check from the inevitable poor game that is due soon but credit where credit's due - we have deserved every single win, just like we deserved the Hawthorn game and lost.  No-one mentions that one in talking about Hawthorn's current great run of wins.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 11:38:41 AM by smokey_58au »

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #949 on: July 13, 2010, 09:18:41 AM »
Cousins will play.

Jackson is out for a couple, Nason could be in doubt due to his eye, there are spots there for Cuz.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #950 on: July 13, 2010, 03:36:56 PM »

Disagree Mat.  They missed 2 shots they should have got but there was only 1 scoring shot the difference between the 2 teams.  They are a top 4 side that was 11 points up at half time and were outscored 3-6 to 8-6 in the last half - 58 inside 50's to 51.  The free and 50mt for the interchange might seem harsh but at least it was adjudicated correctly - King could consider himself damn stiff giving away his 50mt penalty and goal by retaliating - especially given the crackdown on the instigators in the light of Thompson and Baker.  They got an absolute armchair ride off the umpires including their first 2 goals of the game - both of them incorrect decisions - 21 free kicks to our 13 in a game we were more committed, more often first to the ball, had more possession.  They are missing 5 players that I would consider influential from their team - Broughton (8 games), Mayne (11 games), McPharlin (8 games), Barlow (14 games), Tarrant (12 games).  We were missing Cousins, Foley and had 2 players out before half time and one severely hampered just after, and they have managed to win plenty of games without some of the above players this season - balances out their missing players a fair bit.

As much as I agree with your comments about the current RFC 'love-in' from the media, they have not yet given us credit for any win since the Port game - every single game has been lost by the opposition, not won by us.  Personally I'm happy to keep it that way as it will help keep young heads in check from the inevitable poor game that is due soon but credit where credit's due - we have deserved every single win, just like we deserved the Hawthorn game and lost.  No-one mentions that one in talking about Hawthorn's current great run of wins.

It hard to argue with you Smokey when you bring such well informed stats to the table.I concede. :thumbsup :gotigers
Unleash the tornado

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #951 on: July 13, 2010, 03:59:22 PM »
anyone know the stats from the game on goals from free kicks?? From memory, weren't Freo's first 3 goals from free kicks? and dubious ones too. I know smokey said first two so maybe it was the first 3 out of 4 that were from free kicks?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #952 on: July 13, 2010, 09:16:52 PM »
anyone know the stats from the game on goals from free kicks?? From memory, weren't Freo's first 3 goals from free kicks? and dubious ones too. I know smokey said first two so maybe it was the first 3 out of 4 that were from free kicks?

I thought it was 4 goals but was overall the worst umpiring for the year.
We were also missing Tambling and McGuane so injuries were about even going into the game and Jake King was on 1 leg with a severe corky so really only had 18 fit players in the 2nd half.

The fight of the side and the turn around reminds me of 1994.

The win was incredible!!!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #953 on: July 14, 2010, 07:05:55 AM »

I thought it was 4 goals but was overall the worst umpiring for the year.
We were also missing Tambling and McGuane so injuries were about even going into the game and Jake King was on 1 leg with a severe corky so really only had 18 fit players in the 2nd half.

Their 3rd goal was a result of the 50 for Jacko hitting Ballantyne, and the 4th was on the end of a chain of handballs and dribbled kick from a ball up after Kingy got his neck ripped off in a tackle at chb but wasn't paid.  So definitely 3 of the first 4 from incorrect decisions.  And I won't mention the free not paid to us after Duffield got tackled by 3 different players in our goal square 5 minutes before quarter time.

I didn't include Tambling and McGuane in my list of injuries just like I didn't include Headland and Grover.  To me they are all more squad players that rarely impact a game heavily - I only tried to include the more influential players in the list of those missing.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 07:21:02 AM by smokey_58au »

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #954 on: July 14, 2010, 07:15:20 AM »
What about the time where the Freo player had AGES of time, we tackled him, play on.  Nason gets the ball for half a second, is tackled, HTB.

Utter bull.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #955 on: July 14, 2010, 08:57:19 AM »
They had a bunch of gift goals from frees which cost me tufts of my hair so now I look like crusty the clown
We were denied free kicks one in front of the bloody goals from a bloke tackled 4 times ....talk about prior opportunity..play on ..(oh they scored a goal from that too, so 2 goal turnaround).
We also missed some soda's, Nahas missed a couple of point blanks ....
SO anyone who thinks we were lucky coz they missed a few goals... I counter that they were lucky we didn't beat them by more...
Lots of people name their swords......

Con65

« Reply #956 on: July 14, 2010, 10:42:47 AM »

Great post Smokey...people forget the frees that went Freo's way early...

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #957 on: July 14, 2010, 09:43:30 PM »
the umpiring was bullsh...t

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #958 on: July 17, 2010, 12:18:42 PM »
the umpiring was bullsh...t

good cut through 3R!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #959 on: July 19, 2010, 10:43:13 PM »
The 4 amigos are on now. More 'Essendon in turmoil' talk  :rollin