Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272313 times)

Ramps

Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #975 on: July 20, 2010, 03:04:47 PM »
Why anyone gives Norf any serious consideration is beyond me. They are the biggest gypsies in Australian Sport! stuff Em!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #976 on: July 20, 2010, 03:39:07 PM »

The other way at looking at it is because there is a perception of there being a conflict then perhaps it is in the best interest of the RFC for Benny to stand down so to ensure the likes of the Norf Melbs of this world and all the media hypocites can't say that our club has been favoured in any way

While your points are valid and sound WP, I have to say at this point I couldn't give a flying kazoo about being 'right' in the eyes of other clubs or the AFL.  We have been royally screwed recently in a number of areas (home games at Etihad, games moved from the MCG, MRP and tribunal, Polak on rookie list, umpiring, 'review' into our current situation, etc etc) and as far as I'm concerned they can all get stuffed - it's every man and every club for himself, and long live the world hating Richmond.  It will make winning that next cup all the sweeter as the whole stinking lot of them get our premiership cup jammed up their collective rings!

:gotigers

you probably wont like this but  i agree with 100% of this smart post.

Being nice to other clubs gets you no where. look what the Blues did to us over the Mathieson/Pokies Venues. Who cares if they think we got a sweet deal. I coudnt get a flying stuff about any other club but ours

North can go get stuffed and take the other 15 clubs with them

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #977 on: July 26, 2010, 11:38:24 PM »
We only got a brief mention on tonight's show:

Lyon questioned why we went with a zone defence against Collingwood rather than one-on-one when we clearly aren't ready to pull it off. He then showed vision with 6 Collingwood players inside 50 forward of the play all on their own running towards goal. Lyon singled out Connors who was on Macaffer and after Macaffer kicked his 3rd goal Connors walked well away from him rather than manning him up. Thomas said it takes a long time to master team defence and manning space rather than playing man-on-man.

Last week's FC question asked if Cotch was treated harshly by the MRP and tribunal? 64% said yes.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #978 on: August 02, 2010, 11:46:32 PM »
They talked about Lids, Newy and of course Cousins' future tonight....

Lyon praised Deledio. He's found his place on the HBF and is in All-Australian contention. He's got a bit of a bum wrap over the past couple of years when he's been playing at a high level in a poor side. Winning two B&Fs shows his quality and now he's on his way to a 3rd straight B&F.

Caro said the B&F is a two horse race with Newman having his best season by far and was clearly b.o.g. on Sunday in her opinion. Last 4 weeks will decide the Richmond B&F.

If Lids wins the B&F he'll be only the 9th footballer in VFL/AFL history to win three B&Fs before his 23rd birthday. Joins names such as Reynolds, Skilton, Bunton, Fothergill, Murray, Matthews, Geoff Raines, Glenn Jakovich

Then the discussion turned to Cousins. Lyon asked if Ben should go on next year as there's a push in some quarters for him to do so. His form on the weekend was good without being great. They showed vision of Cuz walking along the boundary with Martin educating him. This teaching is of the young Tigers is what the RFC claims Cousins offers Richmond.

Thomas said he would like to hope Cousins' legacy onfield is now done in terms of showing the young Tiger players the work-ethic, professionalism, preparation and onfield leadership required at AFL level. Time for him to move on and let a younger player take his place next year.

All were in agreement Ben should finish his career on a high (no pun intended) in 4 weeks time. Won't be the first player to go out on a high which is a great thing for him.

Good call/bad call questions were:

"Is Dustin Martin better than Joel Selwood?"
Lyon said no as Selwood went all the way to a GF and premiership. Martin is a very good player though [Ed. well der Garry!].

Hutchy asked "Jack Riewoldt can rest easy as Barry Hall does not want to win the Coleman Medal?"
Thomas said bad call. Barry is hungry for more goals.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 07:43:01 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #979 on: August 03, 2010, 07:38:07 AM »
Here's youtube vision of the segment about Richmond, Lids, Newy and Cuz for those that missed last night's show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV-RJp2bfAo

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #980 on: August 03, 2010, 09:36:47 AM »
"Is Dustin Martin better than Joel Selwood?"
Lyon said no as Selwood went all the way to a GF and premiership. Martin is a very good player though [Ed. well der Garry!].

Selwood was in a much better side though Garry??!  :wallywink
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #981 on: August 03, 2010, 11:21:34 AM »
making a judgment about how good a player is, based on whether he plays in a GF or not, is plain stupid.

Bob Skilton?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

TigerTimeII

« Reply #982 on: August 03, 2010, 12:00:50 PM »
gaddy lyon is a class 1 tool

martin would have won the brownlow if he debuted in that geelong team

TigerTimeII

« Reply #983 on: August 03, 2010, 12:02:45 PM »
martin can do everything selwood can

but martin is faster
martib kicks longer
martin has a better left foot
and of course the dont argue fend off

martin>>>>>>>>selwood

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #984 on: August 03, 2010, 05:31:57 PM »
martin can do everything selwood can

but martin is faster
martib kicks longer
martin has a better left foot
and of course the dont argue fend off

martin>>>>>>>>selwood

Yep, also Martin does not collapse into tackles to try and milk head high frees.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #985 on: August 03, 2010, 08:28:54 PM »
concerned about the "dont argue fend off", the martians will be onto
it i think in the not too distant future. i will watch with interest
personally the kid does it so well it would be a shame to see it outlawed.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #986 on: August 03, 2010, 09:53:34 PM »

Agree 3RD, I've been a bit uneasy about it myself in recent weeks.  Not in the action of the fend or the player fending, but in the capacity of the incompetent M & M's (who get overpaid many $$s to butcher the game each week) to adjudicate it fairly.  Above the shoulders is illegal, on or below is not.  Would seem such a simple concept to the average human but not to those supernatural freaks.  Just ask Jake King.  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #987 on: August 04, 2010, 06:34:22 AM »

Agree 3RD, I've been a bit uneasy about it myself in recent weeks.  Not in the action of the fend or the player fending, but in the capacity of the incompetent M & M's (who get overpaid many $$s to butcher the game each week) to adjudicate it fairly.  Above the shoulders is illegal, on or below is not.  Would seem such a simple concept to the average human but not to those supernatural freaks.  Just ask Jake King.  :banghead
Buddy, Ablett and Swan also use the fend off. If Dusty starts to cop it from the umps then the umps will need to target all the stars of the game as well. Seriously as long as it's not high it's legal. One thing the League might be looking at more is bumping and blocking the man on the mark. The Pies are doing it regularly this year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #988 on: August 04, 2010, 09:49:55 AM »
One thing the League might be looking at more is bumping and blocking the man on the mark. The Pies are doing it regularly this year.

I noticed one of our players were trying to do it in the last quarter on the weekend. Deledio had nowhere to go and some one was directing him to come around towards the boundary and he'd shepard for him.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

TigerTimeII

« Reply #989 on: August 04, 2010, 12:59:01 PM »
the fend off is not against the rules, in the face or above the shoulders yes

they cannot make it a rule that one cannot fend off