Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272308 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1845 on: March 18, 2014, 10:14:18 PM »
Lol.  No GPT, she's not.  Nothing can replace the atmosphere or sense of occasion that a big game at the 'G' produces.   :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1846 on: April 08, 2014, 12:17:15 AM »
We lost so plenty of discussion about the Tiges tonight.

Caro says it's not the coach; it's the playing personnel. There's something mentally wrong with that playing group. There's a lack of on-field leadership. She didn't have us making the Eight so she isn't surprised as Richmond's bottom six players aren't good enough. She put some of the blame on the off-field 'crises' over the summer. She blamed Jake King for what he put the club through and Dusty. She wouldn't play Jake ever again and said he's going to retire at the end of the year anyway.

Lloyd blamed our forward structure. Too many talls. When Maric comes back in, one of Griffiths and Vickery has to go. Lyon said he liked Griffiths but Lloyd said neither of the two are doing enough.

Lyon said we looked slow. It's a massive game on Friday night for both clubs with the fallout to come for the loser of that game.

----------------------------------------

On Talking Footy, Carey said the weekend proved Jack Riewoldt has to play inside forward 50. He doesn't have the tank and decision making to find the ball upfield. If Hardwick isn't going to play Jack at FF and use him instead as a decoy for Vickery and others then Richmond might as well give Jack to a club that needs a FF and get something for him. Carey added that Dimma and Jack talking about Jack moving out of the forward line to develop other forwards and share goals is "rhubarb". Do you see Roughead being moved out to help Gunston. Hawthorn's forwards work together; Richmond's don't. 

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1847 on: April 08, 2014, 12:52:38 AM »
Isn't Carey an alcoholic? FFS even he can see it.  :banghead

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1848 on: April 08, 2014, 07:51:15 AM »
Both make good points

Stop stuffing around with the team and make some logical decisions!
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1849 on: April 08, 2014, 08:44:46 AM »
Yep I agree with all comments.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1850 on: April 08, 2014, 08:59:25 AM »
So because Jake King is mixing with bikies and Dustin Martin wanted more money, our players won't run hard and do the footy basics.....  ::)

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1851 on: April 08, 2014, 09:06:59 AM »
So because Jake King is mixing with bikies and Dustin Martin wanted more money, our players won't run hard and do the footy basics.....  ::)

The football related comments I agree with.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1852 on: April 08, 2014, 12:29:14 PM »

I wasn't having a dig at you, I was having a go at Caros comments.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1853 on: April 08, 2014, 12:30:18 PM »

I wasn't having a dig at you, I was having a go at Caros comments.

I know, but my original comment was too broad... :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1854 on: April 08, 2014, 03:23:05 PM »
On Talking Footy, Carey said the weekend proved Jack Riewoldt has to play inside forward 50. He doesn't have the tank and decision making to find the ball upfield. If Hardwick isn't going to play Jack at FF and use him instead as a decoy for Vickery and others then Richmond might as well give Jack to a club that needs a FF and get something for him. Carey added that Dimma and Jack talking about Jack moving out of the forward line to develop other forwards and share goals is "rhubarb". Do you see Roughead being moved out to help Gunston. Hawthorn's forwards work together; Richmond's don't.
More from Carey on MMM this morning about Richmond's use of Jack Riewoldt ...

AUDIO: https://soundcloud.com/triple-m-footy/carey-hardwick-wrongly-using

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has to admit he has been playing Jack Riewoldt in the wrong position, according to Wayne Carey.

Speaking to Triple M’s Hot Breakfast on Tuesday, The Duck was adamant that Riewoldt was a legitimate full forward and does not have the ability to play anywhere else on the ground.

Carey said anyone can ‘run around like a headless chook’ as a decoy and that role was beneath such a talented player like two-time Coleman Medalist Riewoldt.

While Hardwick’s new forward structure yielded 15 wins and a finals appearance last year, Carey noted Richmond still finished outside the top four and were eliminated from September by a team who for all intents and purposes finished ninth (Carlton).

The Duck said he wanted to see Riewoldt back in his natural habitat at full forward as early as this week against Collingwood at the MCG.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/afl/news/2014/4/wayne-carey-tells-triple-ms-hot-breakfast-that-richmond-tigers-star-jack-riewoldt-has-to-play-at-full-forward/

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1855 on: April 08, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »
More from Carey on MMM this morning about Richmond's use of Jack Riewoldt ...

AUDIO: https://soundcloud.com/triple-m-footy/carey-hardwick-wrongly-using

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has to admit he has been playing Jack Riewoldt in the wrong position, according to Wayne Carey.

Speaking to Triple M’s Hot Breakfast on Tuesday, The Duck was adamant that Riewoldt was a legitimate full forward and does not have the ability to play anywhere else on the ground.

Carey said anyone can ‘run around like a headless chook’ as a decoy and that role was beneath such a talented player like two-time Coleman Medalist Riewoldt.

While Hardwick’s new forward structure yielded 15 wins and a finals appearance last year, Carey noted Richmond still finished outside the top four and were eliminated from September by a team who for all intents and purposes finished ninth (Carlton).

The Duck said he wanted to see Riewoldt back in his natural habitat at full forward as early as this week against Collingwood at the MCG.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/afl/news/2014/4/wayne-carey-tells-triple-ms-hot-breakfast-that-richmond-tigers-star-jack-riewoldt-has-to-play-at-full-forward/

:clapping :clapping :clapping

"Rucks:

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1856 on: April 08, 2014, 04:01:12 PM »
Gotta love the duck
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1857 on: April 08, 2014, 04:21:56 PM »
Reminder: not sure how many times we have to say this  :banghead :banghead

Do not under any circumstances post unsubstantiated rumours on the forum. Even those you post in jest. You set the site up for serious legal ramifications/issues.

Perhaps a 48 hour suspension might get the message through?

And before you go crook Dice, Mrakov posted something totally unacceptable and legally foolish using your pic. It was easier to remove both
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1858 on: April 14, 2014, 11:39:37 PM »
We got another decent mention tonight ...

* Caro said Richmond has been as bad as Carlton has but has flown under the radar thanks to Carlton's woes. Let's hope they come in and face us like Malthouse did tonight when we ask them.

* Lloyd said Richmond has returned to the poorly skilled overly-conservative team that he thought we had gone pass.

* Lyon mentioned that Richmond only played on twice in the back half in the whole first half which is unbelievable.

* Caro blamed Richmond's poor recruiting.

* Lyon thought Vickery at least showed competitiveness last year; it's totally gone this year so dramatically he has fallen away. Caro didn't rate his form last year either.

* Lloyd said speaking of uncompetitiveness, the CHB Troy Chaplin needs to have a good look at himself. His efforts have been really poor this year. Caro said it's unbelievable he's been put into the leadership group. Richmond don't have the leaders as it is. Cotchin is clearly missing Deledio out there.

* Lyon questioned why Matt Thomas was matched on Pendlebury as he has no outside game and Pendlebury just cut loose once he got on the outside as Thomas couldn't go with him. The mix isn't right with the team. Compare Thomas to Matty White who has pace which is something Richmond is missing.

* Lloyd mentioned he was watching the game with Cameron Ling and Ling said that as a tagger he would come off battered and bruised after playing a good side. They would continually crash into him. McCaffer wouldn't have felt a thing against Richmond which is an indictment on the Tigers.

* Caro later on said Benny Gale needs to remove himself from the AFL CEO running. That club is heading into crisis and he needs to have his full focus on Richmond.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1859 on: April 15, 2014, 12:16:14 AM »
Nah everything is swell at Tigerland. We just needa get better.  :shh