Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272323 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #270 on: May 07, 2008, 10:58:05 AM »
some people are so one eyed they cant acknowledge opposition players .
Dean Soloman is similar to Richo, plays with his heart on his sleeve and gives 100% everytime he plays.
They are mates as well

Woosh

Thats all your credibility just being flushed fown the toilet.

One is a finished hack, the other is an absolute champion

Now thats what I call a harpic moment! Anyway enough of the toilet humour.  :lol Solomon is a great player if you want someone who gives away 50 metre penalties on a regular basis. Undisciplined, cranky and slow. Since the retirement of Chris Johnson, he is sure to get the "Mr Happy" award for 2008.

Little Jackie

« Reply #271 on: May 07, 2008, 11:23:28 AM »
some people are so one eyed they cant acknowledge opposition players .
Dean Soloman is similar to Richo, plays with his heart on his sleeve and gives 100% everytime he plays.
They are mates as well

Woosh

Thats all your credibility just being flushed fown the toilet.

Now thats what I call a harpic moment! Anyway enough of the toilet humour.  :lol Solomon is a great player if you want someone who gives away 50 metre penalties on a regular basis. Undisciplined, cranky and slow. Since the retirement of Chris Johnson, he is sure to get the "Mr Happy" award for 2008.

You would of loved him at Punt Road. Miller and Wallace well hell bent on getting him

Little Jackie

« Reply #272 on: May 07, 2008, 11:24:17 AM »
didnt look too slow against the cats the other week, you should get you TV checked out

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2008, 11:38:27 AM »

You would of loved him at Punt Road. Miller and Wallace well hell bent on getting him
Wallace wasn't at Richmond when they went after Solomon.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Moi

« Reply #274 on: May 07, 2008, 11:46:46 AM »

:rollin

Little Jackie

« Reply #275 on: May 07, 2008, 11:53:31 AM »

Facts of the matter they had been chasing Soloman up to he went to Fremantle :thumbsup

Little Jackie

« Reply #276 on: May 07, 2008, 11:55:15 AM »

dont know why you would be laughing for, dont find it funny

Moi

« Reply #277 on: May 07, 2008, 12:00:08 PM »

dont know why you would be laughing for, dont find it funny
Won't do it again, Jack

till next time :-)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #278 on: May 07, 2008, 04:28:44 PM »
didnt look too slow against the cats the other week, you should get you TV checked out

Well as Meatloaf would say...."Two out of three ain't bad!"  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #279 on: May 07, 2008, 08:04:04 PM »

FF dispatches that juicy half-volley through the covers for 4  :lol.

If we had Solomon we'd have supporters screaming that a 28 year old has-been is taking up a spot in the side that should go to a youngster  :whistle.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #280 on: May 07, 2008, 08:11:03 PM »

If we had Solomon we'd have supporters screaming that a 28 year old has-been is taking up a spot in the side that should go to a youngster  :whistle.
Kent Kingsley comes to mind.  Remember Wallace being bagged for getting him.  But suddenly getting an old Solomon would be ok by the same ppl.  Go figure.

Not Footy Classified but something from On the Couch which amused me.
Mike Sheahan came home from WA flying Pratt Air.
Be interesting the articles Mike comes up with on the Blues this year.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #281 on: May 07, 2008, 09:06:11 PM »

Soloman a hack,? wouldnt think so.
That just shows how little you understand about football Blaisee. BIG ZERO.
Now wasnt it your mate Greg Miller who flew to London to try an get him 2-3 years ago ? Or am I just dreaming or telling liars as you put it again ::)
Dean has played very well this season. One of the very few geniune tough players in the game, was excellent against the Cats 2 weeks ago.
Pitty he isnt playing for us.
Solomon has been ordinary for a number of years.  We actually chased him in Millers first year - end of 2003, nearly 5 years ago.  We chased him on the back of a few years of good form and demonstrated hardness, all attributes our club lacked and needed going forward.  Since he knocked us back he has become much less effective and much more undisciplined, only turning it around slightly last year for his new team.  His stats in the years since we chased him:

Disp      Ave      Tack      Ave      Free Diff
2004    399      17.3       88        3.8        -16
2005    192      12         45         2.8       -4
2006    243      12.1      48         2.4        -21
2007    316      15.8      108       5.4       +11

His well publicised battles with on-field discipline and attitude are the last thing our young team needed or would have benefited from, had we been successful in getting him in '03.  I'm glad we didn't get him then and I doubt even more that we have chased him since, especially at the price he would have had on his head.

Little Jackie

« Reply #282 on: May 07, 2008, 09:11:17 PM »
He probably has more disposals than half our team.
why dont you do Schulz averages disposals , yeah , I know why you wouldnt ?? Single digits, lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: May 07, 2008, 10:14:16 PM »
why dont you do Schulz averages disposals , yeah , I know why you wouldnt ?? Single digits, lol
Apples to apples Jack.  Schulz is a KPP, Solomon is a flanker/midfielder.  I'm happy to spend a bit of time and compare him to our flankers/midfielders if you like, especially the ones that would be on match payments comparable to his, but somehow I don't think you want me to do that.  He WAS a good footballer, he is much less so now and has been that way for a few years.

Little Jackie

« Reply #284 on: May 07, 2008, 10:26:16 PM »
Apples to apples Jack.  Schulz is a KPP, Solomon is a flanker/midfielder.  I'm happy to spend a bit of time and compare him to our flankers/midfielders if you like, especially the ones that would be on match payments comparable to his, but somehow I don't think you want me to do that.  He WAS a good footballer, he is much less so now and has been that way for a few years.

Schulz isnt a  AFL footballer