Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 428006 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #570 on: April 06, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »
Showed why he's so highly regarded by us. Did more tonight than Heppell has ever done impact wise.
Heppell who?  ;D

The back pocket in my Supercoach team of champions.  Just back off there big fella!!   :whistle

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #571 on: April 06, 2013, 12:21:31 PM »
Great game, really needs to back it up now!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #572 on: April 06, 2013, 12:41:50 PM »
Conca had 14 scoring involvements last night according to 3aw  :o.

tony_montana

« Reply #573 on: April 06, 2013, 12:46:46 PM »
Conca had 14 scoring involvements last night according to 3aw  :o.

woah :shh

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #574 on: April 06, 2013, 06:39:30 PM »
Has a good swerve and step on him

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger depth has confident Conca purring (afl site)
« Reply #575 on: April 10, 2013, 02:14:15 AM »
Tiger depth has confident Conca purring

By Mitch Cleary
afl.com.au
11:45pm AEST Tuesday, April 9, 2013

RICHMOND midfielder Reece Conca says he played the best game of his fledging career on Friday night, citing the club’s new found depth for greater confidence in his game.

Conca collected 25 disposals and was one of the Tigers’ prominent contributors in the win over St Kilda.

The sixth pick in the 2010 national draft, Conca said he was enjoying his football more as the Tigers moved to 2-0.

“The pick wasn’t so much the pressure. I think early on in my career, we weren’t going so well, we didn’t have that great of depth,” he said.

“It was more the pressure of having to perform and try and help the team win games so early in my career.

“Especially this pre-season and the last two games, with the depth we’ve got, I think I’ve become a bit more relaxed and confident in my ability and I’ve put out a couple of performances.

“Watching the tape and talking to the coaches, it was my probably my best game of my AFL career at the moment.”

Conca said he never felt the Saints had the better of the Tigers on Friday night, stemming from an improved training performance at Punt Road.

“It’s just the confidence from winning close games. We’re training better than ever. Losing close games (last year) was heart-wrenching,” he said.

“At no stage did I ever feel we were going to lose that game against St Kilda.

“The depth has been fantastic. It just puts pressure on the guys playing to perform well. We’ve got guys at Coburg that could quite easily fill the spots.”

Richmond can extend its winning run to 3-0 on Sunday against the Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-09/tiger-depth-has-confident-conca-purring

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #576 on: April 15, 2013, 12:47:21 PM »
Inside Football article on Reece Conca from last week.

Tigers loom large with Conca a real standout
By Russell Holmesby
INSIDE FOOTBALL
Wednesday April 10, 2013

With two wins out of two, the Tigers are walking tall.

And in Reece Conca's case that is literally true as the 20-year-old has physically grown since last season.

When it was suggested to him after last Friday night's Richmond victory that he is looking fitter and leaner than in the past, he said: "I've actu­ally put on a couple of kilos. 1 think I've actually grown a centimeter or two. I've also got stronger, too"

Coach Damien Hardwick de­scribed Conca's game on Friday as the best he has played for the club and a couple of special efforts in the last quarter were crucial to the team's eventual success.

His precision pass set up the goal that sealed the win and a few minutes earlier he had put his body on the line in a key contest that thwarted an attacking thrust by St Kilda.

The expectations of a club trying desperately to rise up the ladder are always magni­fied, and as selection No. 6 in the 2010 draft, Conca has been in that spotlight.

His first year ticked all the boxes with 17 games and a Ris­ing Star nomination.

And there was nothing wrong .with his output last year for the Tigers, but the club's high hopes — born out of years of disappointment — led some fans to wonder whether he was advancing quickly enough.

There is always more of a story below the surface and his 2012 campaign ended him spending the last three weeks on the sidelines with a toe injury.

Earlier, he had lost his senior place for two weeks in mid-season.

The subsequent off-season wasn't without its hiccups, but in the end it provided a good launching pad.

"I had a few complications with a stress fracture of my foot with through the off-season," Conca said:

"I missed the first part of the pre-season, but came back strong and trained really hard to get my fitness up.

"My fitness is better than ever and I am able to run out games a lot better and I think that's helped with my footy'

A lot of his early football at AFL level was played at half back, but in the two games this year there has been a distinctly attacking bent to his football.

"I've been pushing forward a bit more and playing a bit more half forward and in the mid-field and opened up my game a bit more," Conca said.

"The offensive side of my game is something I wanted to work on, trying to bob up and kick a few more goals, which I've done in the past two weeks"

Two victories in the opening two weeks has eluded Rich­mond since 1997.

"It builds our confidence off the back of those wins. This time last year we lost a couple of close ones and it sort of hits you pretty hard early in the year," Conca said,

"But it's only Round 2. We can work on a few things that let us down and ride that confidence through to the end of the year"

In a many respects Conca's growth and progress as a foot­baller mirrors that of the club,

"I've spoken to Damien and the coaches and this is a big year for me and the team to build on the past couple of years," he said.

"We've worked really hard on the things we have to work on."

Away from the football field, Conca is studying psychology at university.

A cynic would suggest that Richmond would have provid­ed fertile ground for research in recent years.

"It's one unit per semester," he said, "I enjoy doing some study and I've done about six or seven units so far!'

For now it's all about focusing on the match against the West­ern Bulldogs this weekend.

"It's good for our recovery that we've got an eight or nine-day recovery now" Conca said.

"We've got to be really wary of them (the Bulldogs) because they are a strong contested footy side and we'll build towards Sunday!'

The Tigers go into the game walking taller than they have for a long time.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Conca out for 4-6 weeks
« Reply #577 on: April 24, 2013, 04:55:32 PM »
As mentioned in the injury thread, Conca will the next 4-6 weeks with a stress reaction in his foot  :(.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Conca out for 4-6 weeks
« Reply #578 on: April 24, 2013, 05:24:01 PM »
As mentioned in the injury thread, Conca will the next 4-6 weeks with a stress reaction in his foot  :(.
Here's the article from the RFC website:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-04-24/conca-grounded-by-foot-injury.workstation

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Conca out for 4-6 weeks
« Reply #579 on: April 24, 2013, 05:27:07 PM »
Here's the article from the RFC website:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-04-24/conca-grounded-by-foot-injury.workstation

Always love it when you quote yourself OE   :thumbsup
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #580 on: April 24, 2013, 06:50:28 PM »
Disappointing as Conca was just finding his feet!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #581 on: April 24, 2013, 06:50:46 PM »
FFS, unreal!!! Well here is our depth test!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

gerkin greg

« Reply #582 on: April 24, 2013, 06:54:20 PM »
AAAAAAARRRRRRHHHHHHH  >:(

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #583 on: April 24, 2013, 07:53:19 PM »
This will really hurt our midfield rotations until Foley is ready.  :'(

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #584 on: April 24, 2013, 07:57:10 PM »
Starting to have memories of the Richo & Brown days rarely on the park at the same time...

"Rucks: