Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 428594 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #1110 on: March 28, 2014, 08:17:22 PM »
Paid overs.
Poo comment.

Have you ever had your hamstring torn of your ischial tuberosity?

I would say probably not.

He has missed the majority of the preseason and has not regained any touch.

He will improve.

Give him time.
give him time at coburg. pooing it up is poooing it up. surely we have other midfield options to use in the seniors while conca finds this mysterious talent and form everyone keeps on going on about.

if his hammy has affected him so much it is clearly a mistake playing him in the seniors atm.  he was not just poor last night he stunk it up.
I was referring to the comment "paid overs".
I agree he should be played in our vfl side till he regains touch.
I think it is a rather uniformed person who thinks he should join Coburg! :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1111 on: March 28, 2014, 08:21:55 PM »
lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1112 on: March 28, 2014, 08:30:19 PM »
Paid overs.
Poo comment.

He will improve.

Give him time.
give him time at coburg. pooing it up is poooing it up. surely we have other midfield options to use in the seniors while conca finds this mysterious talent and form everyone keeps on going on about.

if his hammy has affected him so much it is clearly a mistake playing him in the seniors atm.  he was not just poor last night he stunk it up.

Were you turning off the telly last year at quarter time as well as you would appear to have missed Conca's form and talent

the claw

« Reply #1113 on: March 28, 2014, 08:33:51 PM »
Paid overs.
Poo comment.

He will improve.

Give him time.

I was referring to the comment "paid overs".
I agree he should be played in our vfl side till he regains touch.
I think it is a rather uniformed person who thinks he should join Coburg! :whistle
lol old habits die hard.
on the paid overs comment. i reckon while harsh its fair. there was an awful lot of debate when we drafted him about where we took him and where he would land.
i reckon people who had that opinion at the time are still entitled to voice it now.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1114 on: March 28, 2014, 08:50:35 PM »
Yep voiced it then and have yet to be convinced otherwise. FWIW reckon Conca is a like a slight upgrade on Tuck - which is not necessarily a bad thing in & of itself, just not something worth using a top 10 draft pick to get.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1115 on: March 28, 2014, 09:03:09 PM »
apparently had a run with role on Murphy who is one of the games hardest runners.
Cramped up badly due to lack of conditioning.  Dimma thought he had done an ok job till then.
Never see Heppell doing these roles.  He usually plays a loose man "Grigg" type role.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1116 on: March 28, 2014, 09:04:19 PM »
Ch 7 news tonight showed Conca limping into Punt Rd today. The Club is saying it's only cramp but Ch 7 said it's the same leg as the one he did his hammy.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1117 on: March 28, 2014, 09:05:21 PM »
Ch 7 news tonight showed Conca limping into Punt Rd today. The Club is saying it's only cramp but Ch 7 said it's the same leg as the one he did his hammy.
Also the same one he cramped last night ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1118 on: March 28, 2014, 09:06:38 PM »
He has been seen limping during the preseason.  Not sure if he is right.  Maybe just severe bruising.

dwaino

« Reply #1119 on: March 28, 2014, 09:07:11 PM »
On the footage I saw of them heading into the club it looked like all of them were limping. They left nothing in the tank last night so no surprise they pulled up sore today.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1120 on: March 28, 2014, 09:22:47 PM »
Yep my mail was their were a lot of sore bodies out there, we played that first half at breakneck speed,
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1121 on: March 28, 2014, 09:24:01 PM »
How stupid is this pre season phase training.

Morons.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1122 on: March 28, 2014, 09:30:35 PM »
Conca was on Murphy? Sure as hell didn't look like it.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

the claw

« Reply #1123 on: March 28, 2014, 09:37:26 PM »
apparently had a run with role on Murphy who is one of the games hardest runners.
Cramped up badly due to lack of conditioning.  Dimma thought he had done an ok job till then. maybe dimma needs to look a bit harder.
Never see Heppell doing these roles.  He usually plays a loose man "Grigg" type role.
murphy was bog ok job hey.

on heppell all i can say is take the blinkers off. he actually wins a fair bit more contested ball than conca does. in fact hes what you would call well rounded. the simple fact he has the ability to create space and buy time and has a bit of awareness makes him look out side.
in conca to date all ive seen is a average player  at best.

heppell doesnt get run with roles those roles because hes an actual play maker. what a poor excuse. usually its the average types who get the run with roles anyway.
as far as performance and output goes heppell is currently the length of the flemington straight in front. as far as attributes for the game goes heppell also wins hands down atm.

why is it  so hard just to be honest with ourselves,  why are we so churlish when it comes to opposition players. theres nothing to be ahamed about that heppell is the better player atm  and thus far thru his career. we should at least be objective and honest enough to admit it.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1124 on: March 29, 2014, 06:20:23 AM »
How stupid is this pre season phase training.

Morons.

Yep sometimes things are overcomplicated.