Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 428632 times)

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #1395 on: January 12, 2015, 07:32:36 PM »
FFS, give the guy a break!
It's his first proper preseason since he has arrived at the club.
It is not his fault we picked him ahead of Heppell.
He is a tiger and we should support him.
I respect you for loving all things Richmond but Reece has been nothing short of sh17house since pulling on a Tigers jumper. Let's not sugarcoat it, he isn't even in our best 22 IMO. And that's saying something. If he was drafted  at pick 40 in his draft he wouldn't have played many games IMO. And one more poor season would see him off the list. He has been that bad. We use him as a tagger FFS.
We made a MASSIVE mistake in wasting pick 6 on him. All the preseasons in the world isn't going to change his natural instinct of sh/7ing his nest every time he gets the footy.
I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it.
All fair points.  Never player big league myself, just inter high school stuff.  Had a soft tissue injury one year and found it difficult to play at 50% of my already reduced ability.
All I am saying is he came to the club with foot spurs and couldn't train for two consecutive years. Then he tore his hamstring off the bone and could train again. This time he has got his body right and has absolutely no excuses. If he has a poor year I would look at trading him if we are offered something good in exchange - even a second round pick.
However, in the mean time he has my full support. He gave up an offer to go west too as he loves the team and that gives him extra brownie points!!
Is that reasonable bt?
As I said YBB I do respect you for your support of our Tigers. I just say it as I see it. And I don't rate Reece at all. I hope he kills it for the clubs sake but IMO Reece is just another one of FJ mistakes. I don't rate Griffiths as you know and don't think much of Astbury either. Both need to put up or stop wasting spots on our lists. I cannot stand to watch big blokes like those two tackling with their arms and not their bodies. Both seem more interested in not getting hurt.... At least Reece has a go.
and yet you support that squib vickery. go figure. and im not having a shot at you either. you can see the obvious weaknesses in some or most but put blinkers on with others, i do ithe same also but i wont give em as long as you have given vickery.

your right about  reece as you are with most of our players, hes is a wasted top 10 pick the lack of awareness and the panic attacks means at best we have an average player. this is not bagging or bitching as some will try to paint it. its calling it as one sees it.

Squib is he ?, you gutless sniping keyboard warrior, you make me sick

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1396 on: January 12, 2015, 08:40:25 PM »
I respect you for loving all things Richmond but Reece has been nothing short of sh17house since pulling on a Tigers jumper. Let's not sugarcoat it, he isn't even in our best 22 IMO. And that's saying something. If he was drafted  at pick 40 in his draft he wouldn't have played many games IMO. And one more poor season would see him off the list. He has been that bad. We use him as a tagger FFS.
We made a MASSIVE mistake in wasting pick 6 on him. All the preseasons in the world isn't going to change his natural instinct of sh/7ing his nest every time he gets the footy.
All fair points.  Never player big league myself, just inter high school stuff.  Had a soft tissue injury one year and found it difficult to play at 50% of my already reduced ability.
All I am saying is he came to the club with foot spurs and couldn't train for two consecutive years. Then he tore his hamstring off the bone and could train again. This time he has got his body right and has absolutely no excuses. If he has a poor year I would look at trading him if we are offered something good in exchange - even a second round pick.
However, in the mean time he has my full support. He gave up an offer to go west too as he loves the team and that gives him extra brownie points!!
Is that reasonable bt?
As I said YBB I do respect you for your support of our Tigers. I just say it as I see it. And I don't rate Reece at all. I hope he kills it for the clubs sake but IMO Reece is just another one of FJ mistakes. I don't rate Griffiths as you know and don't think much of Astbury either. Both need to put up or stop wasting spots on our lists. I cannot stand to watch big blokes like those two tackling with their arms and not their bodies. Both seem more interested in not getting hurt.... At least Reece has a go.
and yet you support that squib vickery. go figure. and im not having a shot at you either. you can see the obvious weaknesses in some or most but put blinkers on with others, i do ithe same also but i wont give em as long as you have given vickery.

your right about  reece as you are with most of our players, hes is a wasted top 10 pick the lack of awareness and the panic attacks means at best we have an average player. this is not bagging or bitching as some will try to paint it. its calling it as one sees it.
Claw I get you don't rate Vickery but he has done more than those two I mentioned. Tyrone is not my favorite either but he is better than you give him credit for. IMO he is still young for his type of player and has a fairly decent return to this time for a young ruckman/forward. His is not elite by any stretch but deserves his place on our list. To be honest I think I'm pretty harsh/ but fair on most of my appraisals of our players.
Anyway I hope they prove all us armchair warriors wrong and become very good players for our beloved Tigers. We need a couple like Reece and Tyrone to stand up and become players otherwise we are going nowhere.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1397 on: January 12, 2015, 10:00:47 PM »
Is that reasonable bt?

Claw I get you don't rate Vickery but he has done more than those two I mentioned. Tyrone is not my favorite either but he is better than you give him credit for. IMO he is still young for his type of player and has a fairly decent return to this time for a young ruckman/forward. His is not elite by any stretch but deserves his place on our list. To be honest I think I'm pretty harsh/ but fair on most of my appraisals of our players.
Anyway I hope they prove all us armchair warriors wrong and become very good players for our beloved Tigers. We need a couple like Reece and Tyrone to stand up and become players otherwise we are going nowhere.
yeah your probably right hes done more than astbury and griffiths. im highly critical of griffiths like yourself , have issues with astbury but am prepared to wait and see at least one more yr.
without a doubt ordinary sums up all three to date. and there can be no sugar coating it thats what they have been.

i may sit here in 2yrs time with egg all over my face as i cant see vickery improving. yet all have done basically is comment on his performances to date and they have in the main been ordinary. i can undestand why you would give a 200cm player like him one more yr. we really need him to become a very good player there is noone else in the wings.
i think my biggest gripe in all this is the lack of other options in our system and ffs ive complained for yrs now about those options or lack there of or simoilar type of option.

just to finish i think my biggest gripe with vickery is he only plays the game on his terms.

put it this way you me a lot of people including blokes like  breereton are highly critical of vickery and griffiths yet the only real other option is mckenzie a 18yo taken at pick 10000. or another ruck/fwd option in matchstick mcbean.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:17:55 PM by the claw »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1398 on: January 13, 2015, 06:37:02 AM »
LOL you used finipoohink again

dwaino

« Reply #1399 on: January 13, 2015, 07:00:02 AM »
Wash your mouth out with soap, chuck.  >:(

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1400 on: January 14, 2015, 12:31:34 PM »
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-01-14/minor-setback-for-conca

This guy is just plain unlucky. Hope he is back to full running drills soon! :pray
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1401 on: January 14, 2015, 12:44:56 PM »
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-01-14/minor-setback-for-conca

This guy is just plain unlucky. Hope he is back to full running drills soon! :pray
Nah, he mostly just has a poo body
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1402 on: January 14, 2015, 12:56:07 PM »
Knee surgery sidelines Tiger Conca
Nathan Schmook 
afl.com.au
January 14, 2015

RICHMOND midfielder Reece Conca has undergone minor knee surgery, interrupting what has been a strong pre-season for the young Tiger.

Conca, who had the surgery earlier this week, is expected to resume running next week and join the Tigers' main group shortly thereafter.

The 22-year-old had been one of the club's standout performers so far this summer.

"The surgery was very minor, and we’re expecting he’ll be back in the main group shortly, and take part in the pre-season matches," football manager Dan Richardson said.

"Reece didn’t miss a session prior to Christmas, so he has a solid fitness base behind him."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-14/surgery-sidelines-tiger

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1403 on: January 14, 2015, 02:48:10 PM »
Guess we can now look forward to yet another year of "just wait until he's had a full pre-season" comments.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1404 on: January 14, 2015, 03:04:01 PM »
Running next week? Sounds like a regulation keyhole cleanup. Likely had some floating cartilage or something bothering him.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1405 on: January 14, 2015, 03:41:27 PM »
Don't think two weeks off can be much of an excuse for Conca so he'd hope to do something this year.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1406 on: January 14, 2015, 03:55:59 PM »
Pudgy Dud.

FHO.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1407 on: January 14, 2015, 03:58:33 PM »
Pudgy Dud.

FHO.

Agree - Fremantle Have Our pudgy dud next year.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1408 on: January 14, 2015, 04:13:54 PM »
i guess its not that bad a deal it means we wont have to hear his excuses all year when he has another average year.

bloody dud

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1409 on: January 14, 2015, 06:34:44 PM »
Don't think two weeks off can be much of an excuse for Conca so he'd hope to do something this year.

Yep.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.