Author Topic: Post Gone  (Read 10721 times)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Post Gone
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2012, 09:49:43 PM »
Is it worth drafting Gram as a replacement.  He's a solid player when he's got his head screwed on.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2012, 10:01:59 PM »
Is it worth drafting Gram as a replacement.  He's a solid player when he's got his head screwed on.

Absolutely not.

Would look at Tom Gillies first, 2nd and third.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2012, 10:13:26 PM »
Weve got two recycleds who are roughies at best to ad much in CKnights and AEdwards already. Let's not add to the pile any further.
Youth all the way from here in.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2012, 10:17:03 PM »
Weve got two recycleds who are roughies at best to ad much in CKnights and AEdwards already. Let's not add to the pile any further.

Agree with you Mr Magic

If we were looking at re-cycled players I'd look at Gillies before even considering Gram
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2012, 09:03:45 AM »

Agree with you Mr Magic

If we were looking at re-cycled players I'd look at Gillies before even considering Gram

Agreed. Gillies in a leg brace would be able to put on more defensive pressure than Gram. The guy is a loose one trick pony who only gets noticed when he bangs one in from outside 50.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2012, 01:30:21 PM »
This thread is brought to you by eat our own.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2012, 02:45:06 PM »
Always thought Post was a good mark and started off brightly. Shame didn't make it. Had the potential to be a very good player but never lived up to expectations and appeared not to have applied himself which makes it more of a shame

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2012, 03:26:33 PM »
appeared not to have applied himself which makes it more of a shame

Seems his team-mates see it differently, as tweeted by Grimes.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2012, 03:53:16 PM »
Always thought Post was a good mark and started off brightly. Shame didn't make it. Had the potential to be a very good player but never lived up to expectations and appeared not to have applied himself which makes it more of a shame

In hindsight he started off brightly in 2009 b/c we were so woeful.
Had heaps of chances and just made the same sort of errors with a lack of desire and application.
To sum up his career look at the Port game in round 23 this year. Was just nowhere near the required standard when it was time to stand up.

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2012, 07:31:06 PM »
thought/hoped he'd make it...but that seems to be the problem with Posty - you always had your fingers crossed with him (including in games/in possession)....

also agree that Gillies would be worth a look late or PSD...definitely a big NO to Gram - don't need that sort of swine/influence on the youngsters
...the fighting fury...

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2012, 07:35:12 PM »
I liked Post despite the fact he was a frustrating player to barrack for. I've always thought that it would take until age mid 20's with Post and it was always a case of whether the club could hold it's nerve. I also think the recruitment of Brad Miller stalled Post's development and wasted about 20 odd games at CHF that probably should have been Post's games.

If it was between McGuane, White and Derickx for the final spot then I think the club has made a mistake there too because what have you got to lose with those three. Add to that the recruitment of the one-dimensional Edwards as a back up forward and I have to say I disagree with the club on this one.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2012, 08:30:32 PM »
not up to it.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2012, 08:49:22 PM »
I liked Post despite the fact he was a frustrating player to barrack for. I've always thought that it would take until age mid 20's with Post and it was always a case of whether the club could hold it's nerve. I also think the recruitment of Brad Miller stalled Post's development and wasted about 20 odd games at CHF that probably should have been Post's games.

If it was between McGuane, White and Derickx for the final spot then I think the club has made a mistake there too because what have you got to lose with those three. Add to that the recruitment of the one-dimensional Edwards as a back up forward and I have to say I disagree with the club on this one.

Miller and now Chaplin have forced Post out. He would have been another 10 games advanced if we didn't have Miller and he probably would have been signed up for next year. Dunno what the club were thinking at times and this recent delisting is still very annoying. They stuffed him around for 2 years then didn't bother to put Newman on veterans list. Been saying since last year that the club owed him. He'd be mightily annoyed I'd say

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2012, 09:13:32 PM »
Let's face it.  He was given one game in which he played badly (Round 1, Carlton) but he wash't alone in that regard.  Then he is dropped like a hot potato for almost the rest of the year.  How is a young player supposed to get confidence and play with flair.  Look at Hawthorn and the way they play Schoenmakers.  He has played worse games than Post but they have backed the guy and he has slowly improved.  By the end of 2013 he may develop into there leading backman if this trend continues.
Post should have been told at the start of 2012 that he will be played for 10 games no matter what.  After that time he would be assessed.  If his performances thereafter meant that he deserved more senior games then he should have continued playing.  That way Post would not have to worry about each handpass and each kick thinking that if he fluffed one he would be dropped.  Fair dinkum that's exactly how the boy played.  He seemed so concerned about making an error the hesitation would kill him.
Now we have replaced a 22 year old KPP with a 29 year old ill disciplined one dimensional forward that could possibly be a bad influence on the only other Maori in the team, Martin.

Great decision RFC!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2012, 09:18:52 PM »
LMFAO at people blaming the Club, blaming Miller, blaming this that and everything else :lol the kid was a dud period!!! If we had of given him 20 games last year the same people would have accused the club of gifting games to player :lol The fact that we couldn't trade him shows that there are 17 other clubs out there that also see the same floors in him that we do......He's gone, Time to move on.....