Author Topic: Post Gone  (Read 10633 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Post Gone
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2012, 10:35:31 AM »
I'd prefer to have Ronnie B playing in our backline than Post and thats saying something!

Owl, Post is more coming second than second coming.  ;D

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2012, 11:00:21 AM »
Who cares which out of Post, McGuane and White got to stay? They probably drew a name out of a hat thinking "who cares, next season they are all gone."  :cheers

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2012, 02:10:21 PM »
I got the feeling that Post did not like the physical stuff or body contact too much.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2012, 08:32:50 PM »
I got the feeling that Post did not like the physical stuff or body contact too much.

He was getting into it late in the season though. Kept his oponents to small scores. With a good run of games I'm confident he would have been in our best 22. The club wasn't willing to give him a real good run of 10 plus though. If Asbury or Griffiths were fit they would have got that run. Too many talls on the list once we got Chaplin

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2012, 08:45:25 PM »

He was getting into it late in the season though. Kept his oponents to small scores. With a good run of games I'm confident he would have been in our best 22. The club wasn't willing to give him a real good run of 10 plus though. If Asbury or Griffiths were fit they would have got that run. Too many talls on the list once we got Chaplin

If Post was good enough there would be no need for Chaplin.
If Post was good enough Griff would have played CHF especially after Vickery's season ended.
If Post was good enough he would have taken his opportunity presented in Round 1 this year.
If Post was good enough he would have taken his opportunity and played more than 30 games out of a possible 88 in four seasons, especially under Dimma's tenure.
If Post was good enough he would not be a delisted footballer.

Sorry to say kid did not impress me. To me on field he lacked motivation,drive, energy, toughness, combativeness, presence and composure. All key requirements for AFL footy let alone someone required to play KPP. THis time next year he would be another McGuane and on the footy scrap heap.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2012, 11:03:16 PM »
Never draft a 19 yo playing u18 again

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2012, 12:23:58 PM »
Terrific..just terrific.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2012, 09:49:14 PM »
Al Paton ‏@al_superfooty twitter:

"Axed Tiger Jayden Post has signed with Altona in the Western Region Footy League. Didn't nominate for the #AFL draft"

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2012, 10:50:19 PM »
No surprises there.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2012, 10:54:06 PM »
Post joins reigning premier

November 15, 2012 2:16PM

JAYDEN Post is the latest big name to hook up with a Western Region Football League club.

The key position prospect will return to reigning Division 1 premier Altona after being delisted by Richmond this year.

Post, who notched 30 AFL games across four seasons, opted against nominating for the coming AFL Drafts.

The 22-year-old will add versatility to Altona’s talent-laden side, after the club claimed its first premiership in the top grade this season.

“One of the great things about Posty is that he has the ability to play in a number of roles,’’ Vikings coach Anthony Eames said.

“We certainly know how strong he is overhead, he has a wonderful running capacity and a great work ethic. I think all those things combined, at 195cm, probably opens the door for us to do a number of things.’’

Eames said the signing of Post would not provide an instant recipe for further success.

A leadership role for Post is yet to be considered, but Eames said the former Western Jets best and fairest winner would not be burdened by an official tag.

Post also trained with Altona a handful of time this year while at Richmond.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/localfooty/post-joins-reigning-premier/story-fn53khk2-1226517442679

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2012, 10:57:11 PM »

great work ethic.

:laugh:

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2012, 11:34:15 PM »

Post also trained with Altona a handful of time this year while at Richmond.

WTF?   :huh

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2012, 11:36:29 PM »
Proving he has great work ethic. Training for both Altone and RFC. That's dedication and he should have been given 3 years by Craig Cameron. I think Craig thought about it but Posty wanted to retire

dwaino

« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2012, 11:40:35 PM »
Proving he has great work ethic. Training for both Altone and RFC. That's dedication and he should have been given 3 years by Craig Cameron. I think Craig thought about it but Posty wanted to retire

Going out on a high  :clapping

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2012, 12:38:52 AM »
Should've nominated for the draft. Someone would have picked him up.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH