Author Topic: Kevin Sheedy threads [merged]  (Read 64247 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: 'Awkward' Sheeds pulls pin on Tigers (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1065 on: July 12, 2009, 11:48:55 PM »
He found out the club was going to give him the opportunity, just to keep face, but he wasnt going to get the job, YET ANOTHER LEAK from the titantic.
And secondly, after listening to Craig Camerons interview on 3AW yesterday, it was worse than his effort with Chris Newman 6 weeks ago.
This bloke is a disaster waiting to happen.
Doesnt matter who they appoint,  the damage was done 5 years ago when we elected the Casey/Miller ticket.
Tell you what needs to change, not just a coach, but a complete clean out , President as well.

is this another predication jack? because I love march atm and I really think he is doing agreat job, so if you wanna predict that there is going to be a board spill and he is going to be sacked that would be ace because considering YOU HAVENT ACTUALLY GOT 1 OF YOUR PREDICTIONS RIGHT SO FAR, it would really fill me with confidence that he was safe, so having said that, is March gunna be replaced?

Please say yes :thumbsup ;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lyon fires up at Sheedy claims (Age)
« Reply #1066 on: July 13, 2009, 04:02:52 AM »
Lyon fires up at Sheedy claims
Andrea Petrie | July 13, 2009

GARRY Lyon has accused Kevin Sheedy of fabricating stories surrounding his unsuccessful application to be Melbourne coach in 2007 and said it was sad Sheedy had resorted to making claims that were "100 per cent wrong".

Sheedy said that he believed he had been wasting his time applying for the Melbourne coaching job and that Lyon, who was on the selection committee, hindered his chances of being appointed.

After revealing yesterday that he was pulling out of the Tigers coaching race because he believed the club did not want him, Sheedy said in a newspaper article that he was disillusioned by the application process for the Demons' job, which eventually went to Dean Bailey.

Sheedy accused Lyon of leaking his every move during the process to Channel Nine, which led to a reporter and camera crew showing up everywhere he went.

"The Melbourne interview was a total farce, with everywhere I went Craig Hutchison turning up," Sheedy reportedly said.

"It was obvious that Garry Lyon said this is where I'm going, this is what I'm doing. It was a Channel Nine soap opera.

"When you've been through that and clearly that's what happened … it was a waste of time."

But Lyon hit back yesterday stating that such a suggestion was "a little bit sad".

"You don't go around fabricating things like that, it's a sad, sad state of affairs if he genuinely thinks that," Lyon said.

"Don't get me wrong, he's a legend of the game and he's been a marvellous person for football, but he shouldn't go looking for things that aren't there and making accusations that are 100 per cent wrong.

"He's a street-fighter, Kev, and he likes to throw a couple, but he's a long, long way off the mark and I refute everything he's said because it's just not right. When a legend of the game reverts to those sort of things, it's a little bit sad."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/lyon-denies-sheedy-claims/2009/07/12/1247337027838.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1067 on: July 13, 2009, 04:46:42 AM »
Should be an interesting Footy Classified tonight with both Lyon and Caro both having a go at Sheeds.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1068 on: July 13, 2009, 06:55:37 AM »
Sheedy has gone down a lot in my estimation over the way he has gone about his coaching application.  I don't like the way he has made himself out to be bigger than the club and used past players/the media to push his barrow.  If he truly believed his in his own self-proclaimed messiah image then why was he so worried about the 'process'?  And to now cry about spilt milk re: the Melbourne job?  Poor form Sheeds, your status in the game deserved better than this last hurrah.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1069 on: July 13, 2009, 09:12:46 AM »
Thank goodness for that!!!

Soft effort by Sheeds not to go through the process. Let's now find someone up to the task.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1070 on: July 13, 2009, 09:30:44 AM »
TOTALLY AGREE.
Why wouldnt every applicate have the same opportunity if you were going to go through the process.
On your bike March,

What a effin joke.
You just shift the goalposts Jack. >:(
Fact is deep down Sheeds knows he is not up to the task otherwise he would have gone through this process.
This compromised excuse 'I didn't know Gary March..blah blah' is a soft out.

Look at what the Bombers players are saying re Knighter compared with Sheeds unfruitful final years at Essendon.
He had a great run but the modern game has caught up with this former great coach. Melbourne too saw his time is up.

How about channelling your energies towards something positive and help the RFC come together as one instead of being forever divisive. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1071 on: July 13, 2009, 09:32:01 AM »
Sheedy has gone down a lot in my estimation over the way he has gone about his coaching application.  I don't like the way he has made himself out to be bigger than the club and used past players/the media to push his barrow.  If he truly believed his in his own self-proclaimed messiah image then why was he so worried about the 'process'?  And to now cry about spilt milk re: the Melbourne job?  Poor form Sheeds, your status in the game deserved better than this last hurrah.

the fact of the matter is that if sheeds was the best applicant for the job, he would get the job. He knows he isnt and hence when he realised he wasnt gunna be gifted the job, he pulled himself out of the race.

Gutless weak pr!ck

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1072 on: July 13, 2009, 09:34:15 AM »
TOTALLY AGREE.
Why wouldnt every applicate have the same opportunity if you were going to go through the process.
On your bike March,

What a effin joke.
Fact is deep down Sheeds knows he is not up to the task otherwise he would have gone through this process.
This compromised 'I didn't know' is a soft out.

Look at what the Bombers players are saying re Knighter compared with Sheeds unfruitful final years at Essendon.
He had a great run but the modern game has caught up with this former great coach. Melbourne too saw his time is up.

How about channelling your energies towards something positive and help the RFC come together as one instead of being forever divisive. :banghead :banghead :banghead

unfortunately for jack and his mates sheeds and KB, due to the strength of Gary March and the board, they ( jack and sheeds and KB ) are now largely irrelevant.

We are on the right track

Jackstar is back

« Reply #1073 on: July 13, 2009, 10:08:48 AM »
He found out the club was going to give him the opportunity, just to keep face, but he wasnt going to get the job, YET ANOTHER LEAK from the titantic.
And secondly, after listening to Craig Camerons interview on 3AW yesterday, it was worse than his effort with Chris Newman 6 weeks ago.
Doesnt matter who they appoint,  the damage was done 5 years ago when we elected the Casey/Miller ticket.
Tell you what needs to change, not just a coach, but a complete clean out , President as well.

is this another predication jack? because I love march atm and I really think he is doing agreat job, so if you wanna predict that there is going to be a board spill and he is going to be sacked that would be ace because considering YOU HAVENT ACTUALLY GOT 1 OF YOUR PREDICTIONS RIGHT SO FAR, it would really fill me with confidence that he was safe, so having said that, is March gunna be replaced?

March is doing an ordinary job, the handling of the snake oil salesman was a disgrace.  Mate we are bottom 4 :banghead

Jackstar is back

« Reply #1074 on: July 13, 2009, 10:10:20 AM »
TOTALLY AGREE.
On your bike March,

What a effin joke.

Answer me this, why has Wayne Campbell been promised the job ? ;)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1075 on: July 13, 2009, 10:10:59 AM »

March is doing an ordinary job, the handling of the snake oil salesman was a disgrace.  Mate we are bottom 4 :banghead

so are you predicted he is gunna be sacked?

Yes or No?

Jackstar is back

« Reply #1076 on: July 13, 2009, 10:11:40 AM »
TOTALLY AGREE.
On your bike March,

What a effin joke.
This compromised 'I didn't know' is a soft out.

unfortunately for jack and his mates sheeds and KB, due to the strength of Gary March and the board, they ( jack and sheeds and KB ) are now largely irrelevant.

We are on the right track

right on track to win the spoon, Great job Richmond :banghead :banghead :banghead :clapping

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1077 on: July 13, 2009, 10:12:29 AM »
TOTALLY AGREE.
On your bike March,

What a effin joke.

he hasnt been promised anything, and he wont get the job next year, so again, you are WRONG.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #1078 on: July 13, 2009, 10:12:56 AM »

so are you predicted he is gunna be sacked?

Yes or No?

How can he be sacked when its not a paid job?  YOUR A CLOWN

Jackstar is back

« Reply #1079 on: July 13, 2009, 10:15:24 AM »
TOTALLY AGREE.
On your bike March,

What a effin joke.

he hasnt been promised anything, and he wont get the job next year, so again, you are WRONG.

You might find he was promised, thus his release from his contract at the Western Bulldogs. Clubs wouldnt release coaches from an assistants role to go to another assistants role, how stupid are you. ::)