Author Topic: Richo has redone his hammy  (Read 2885 times)

Jackstar is back

Re: Richo has redone his hammy
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2009, 11:29:07 PM »
The fact is Bowden will be picked up by another club next year & l bet he has a great year.
Won't happen

FACT!!!

No TM is partially right.

He'll join his brother in EFL and they'll rack up stats.  :lol :rollin :lol

Patrick Bowden was there watching his brother today actually

Tigermonk

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2009, 11:33:52 PM »
The fact is Bowden will be picked up by another club next year & l bet he has a great year.
Won't happen

FACT!!!

Hey l see Bowden doing better most weeks at Coburg than some of the prized draft picks who are meant to be taking his place makes you laugh JON playing Coburg ressies  :rollin :rollin
Shulzs, give him another contract to play for Coburg, McMahon what a great replacement for Bowden OMFG  :rollin :rollin

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2009, 12:37:47 AM »
haha as l said his finished on the other thread & l got shotdown by the know nothings  ;D well whos laughing now.  :lol  :rollin
take notice of what people say about 34/35 year olds with serious hammy injuries cause when your at that stage of your career its goodbye
another stupid decision by the Richmond football club

Goodbye Richo thanks for the memories but your footy career ar AFL level is over  ;D

We can only Hope.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline tugga

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2009, 01:20:15 AM »
Won't happen

FACT!!!

Hey l see Bowden doing better most weeks at Coburg than some of the prized draft picks who are meant to be taking his place makes you laugh JON playing Coburg ressies  :rollin :rollin
Shulzs, give him another contract to play for Coburg, McMahon what a great replacement for Bowden OMFG  :rollin :rollin
Hope he dances on your grave as well. And if he doesn't, I might...
8 players will go before Richo. I
We will rise again and when we do, they will know.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Matthew Richardson gone in 600 seconds (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2009, 03:15:20 AM »
Matthew Richardson gone in 600 seconds
Jon Ralph and Howard Leigh | August 01, 2009

RICHMOND says champion Matthew Richardson is still a chance to play for the Tigers in coming weeks despite lasting just 10 minutes in his return with VFL side Coburg.

Richardson will have scans tomorrow to assess whether he sustained any damage to his surgically repaired hamstring in the early stages of the game.

Richardson appeared to suffer an injury after he made two bold dashes down the wing in the opening minutes.

He had two handballs before he limped from the field.

The Tigers stressed that Richardson, 34, had reported only stiffness around the hamstring and had not torn the muscle.

But it was a worrying sign for the 282-game great who hopes to prove his fitness in the last five weeks of the year to secure a new one-year contract.

Richmond football manager Ross Monaghan said last night he still hoped Richardson had nothing more than soreness.

He said Richardson's tightness was in the general area of his hamstring, not the exact point of surgery.

"To be honest, it's too early to tell. He came off as he regularly would and reported a bit of stiffness in areas associated with the areas he had surgery," Monaghan said.

"At that time the medical staff decided they didn't want to go on with him.

''There are no major alarm bells. He will be scanned on Monday, but the whole thing was precautionary, to make nothing more went on than discomfort."

Coburg coach Craig McRae described Richardson's latest injury as a really bad stroke of luck.

"He got some tightness and decided to call it a day," McRae said.

"He really embraced Coburg and all he tried to do was get through a game of football.

"He felt tightness in his hamstring and he came off just as a precaution. We ruled him out for the rest of the match straight away. He hasn't strained it again as far as we are aware."

Richmond was criticised for playing Richardson when he initially damaged the leg, against Sydney on May 3, but Monaghan said Richardson had been ready to play yesterday.

"The medical staff have been fantastic. He had completed three weeks of full training, so we had done everything possible to get him prepared," Monaghan said.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25867851-19742,00.html

Tigermonk

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2009, 10:09:19 AM »
Won't happen

FACT!!!

Hope he dances on your grave as well. And if he doesn't, I might...
8 players will go before Richo. I

dance on my grave what drugs you on idiot

Moi

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2009, 10:36:58 AM »
Get over it Popelord you effing dreamer
told you all this week about Richo
what happen haha exactly what l said chk chk BOOM  ;D  :rollin

Sounds like a lot of pent up tension considering Mr Bowden is playing reserves and will 100% be gone at the end of the year.

Rich may live to fight another and hopefully he will.
Take a step back TM.

I hope he does as well.  I'd enjoy opposition supporters get as frustrated with him as we do  :thumbsup
PS:  You're a disgrace Monk saying that stuff about Richo.
He bleeds black and yellow, unlike you who bleed black and yellow one week, black and white the next, with a touch of red and blue another week. 
At least with Richo you know he is a tiger through and through, unlike some  :wallywink

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2009, 11:17:27 AM »
Personally, I think Richo should be able to stay until he decides its time to go, and I trust that he will know when that is and do the right thing by both himself and the club. Richo has been the only positive around Richmond for years now, the only player who tries 100% and gives his all everytime he steps onto the field. As we all know, sometimes things go wrong for him but its certainly not through his lack of trying.
So maybe instead of calling for his retirement, someone else should think of retiring from the supporter base :wallywink

bushranger

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2009, 02:46:14 PM »
Personally, I think Richo should be able to stay until he decides its time to go, and I trust that he will know when that is and do the right thing by both himself and the club. Richo has been the only positive around Richmond for years now, the only player who tries 100% and gives his all everytime he steps onto the field. As we all know, sometimes things go wrong for him but its certainly not through his lack of trying.
So maybe instead of calling for his retirement, someone else should think of retiring from the supporter base :wallywink
I like this quote.
So true how we are feeling with what has been said.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2009, 08:20:37 PM »
Have just taken the time to read this thread and I am astounded.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2009, 09:18:40 PM »
Enough with the insults and sniping.

Stick to the topic  :banghead :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2009, 02:08:32 PM »
Richo said in his segment on Vega that it's no big deal. He has been cautious in his comeback leading up to the game and he just felt some tightness in the hammy so came off as a precaution.

Edit: He's having the scans tomorrow
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 04:51:00 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo unsure of future after failed comeback (Foxsports)
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2009, 05:53:23 PM »
Richmond's Matthew Richardson unsure of future after failed comeback
By Adam Cooper
August 03, 2009

Richmond star Matthew Richardson is unsure where his latest injury scare leaves him, but insists he did not launch his comeback too early.

Richardson experienced tightness in his hamstring in the VFL on Saturday and ended his comeback after 15 minutes. It was his first game since May, when he underwent surgery to repair his hamstring tendon.

The Tigers are unsure if the league's oldest current player will play again this season given they will miss the finals.

Richardson, 34, is out of contract at the end of this season and is no guarantee to play next year.

Richmond caretaker coach Jade Rawlings indicated on Sunday he was keen to see his brother-in-law continue playing in 2010, although that will only be his call to make if he is appointed the club's full-time coach.

Richardson was initially set to undergo scans to determine the severity of the hamstring tightness on Monday, but they were re-scheduled to Tuesday.

Richardson said he could only "wait and see" if the hamstring loosened during the week, and was "not sure" about his playing prospects next weekend.

But the 282-game veteran was confident he had not put himself at risk by returning to the field too early.

"No I didn't, because I definitely had done all the training that was required," he said.

"I'd actually done an extra week. I probably could have played the week before.

"If you're going from the training I'd done I was right to go, but I just had a tight back that morning and it wouldn't loosen up.

"I guess these things happen as you get a bit older."

Richardson was also confident the tightness was not a major setback, as the decision for an early finish to his comeback game was precautionary.

"(It is) no big deal, no big deal," he said.

"I went into the game with a cautious approach and it just felt really tight, so we decided to not risk anything.

"I'm coming off major surgery. I got out there and it just wouldn't warm up, it was just really tight.

"I stayed out there for 10 minutes and it wasn't getting any better, so I decided to wind it up for the day."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25875469-5018851,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo's surprise training return (RFC)
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2009, 03:48:56 PM »
Richo's surprise training return
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen Tue 04 August, 2009

MATTHEW Richardson's comeback seems back on track after the Tiger veteran returned to training on Tuesday, three days after appearing to aggravate a hamstring injury.

Richardson, 34, was not expected to train with the rest of the squad but participated in light drills at Punt Road.

He resumed in the VFL last Saturday after being out since round six after an operation to repair a partially-torn hamstring tendon.

But after just 10 minutes of game time he left the field for the day as a precautionary measure because the hamstring wouldn't loosen up sufficiently to let him run properly.

Skipper Chris Newman said the latest setback had been tough on the Tiger icon, but that he was keeping his chin up.

"I think it's really hard on big Rick," Newman said.

"He's been putting in so much effort to get out there, and then for it to tighten up a little bit – he was really excited about the game, I know that.

"He was just really disappointed after the game, to not only (not) play the game, but to leave Coburg short one man.

"He's getting scans, but he's been staying as positive as ever, and I just hope he gets it right."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/81996/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Docs' call on Richmond Tiger Matthew Richardson (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2009, 04:45:34 AM »
Docs' call on Richmond Tiger Matthew Richardson
Jay Clark | August 05, 2009

A MEETING with doctors this morning is likely to determine whether Matthew Richardson will play again this season.

The Richmond veteran had scans on his troubled left hamstring yesterday, but will not know what it means for his football future until he discusses the results with medical staff today.

Richardson made his intentions clear at Punt Rd training yesterday where he participated in light kicking and handball drills over short distances with teammates.

The 34-year-old lasted only 10 minutes in the VFL at the weekend, but insisted he came off the ground only as a precaution after experiencing tightness in the back of his leg.

Tigers captain Chris Newman said the club supported Richardson's comeback attempt, despite calls to put the big man on ice for the year.

"I think it's really hard on big Rick (Richardson)," Newman said.

"He's been putting in so much effort to get out there.

"He was just really disappointed after the game, to not only (not) play the game, but to leave Coburg short one man. He's getting scans, but he's been staying as positive as ever."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25884045-19771,00.html