Author Topic: Hostages held in Sydney - Live  (Read 10346 times)

tony_montana

Re: counter terrorism training MARTIN pl SYDNEY last year ...
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2014, 09:08:40 PM »
the gvt contrived it all just so they can pass more terror laws

Omg 9/11 u mean? Holy crap

JFK?

God dam specify man

Nah the kid that stabbed the cop in the face in Melbourne a few months back(the reason you have misrepresented me in your signature, remember?) and now this - its all a conspiracy by the abbot gvt to pass terror laws isn't it? 

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2014, 09:10:18 PM »
Judge is clearly behind it all - wants Abbott to intern all Muslims so Hardwick will finally have to play a kid in front of Houli.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2014, 09:31:46 PM »

JFK?

God dam specify man

Nah the kid that stabbed the cop in the face in Melbourne a few months back(the reason you have misrepresented me in your signature, remember?) and now this - its all a conspiracy by the abbot gvt to pass terror laws isn't it?

Sort of.

I get it confused with the aboriginal gentleman that cooked to death in the back of the divvy van. And the asian feller that died slowly, asking for help, outside dandy cop shop

tony_montana

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2014, 09:47:34 PM »

JFK?

God dam specify man

Sort of.

I get it confused with the aboriginal gentleman that cooked to death in the back of the divvy van. And the asian feller that died slowly, asking for help, outside dandy cop shop

yer we get it - If innocents unfortunately lose their lives, its ok to kill more innocents in retaliation to get a point across - an eye for an eye

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2014, 10:16:45 PM »
Typical comments from the usual suspects. All we need is albert to rear his ugly head and we have ourselves a full house.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2014, 10:18:36 PM »
People drinking suds on the side streets. stuff we are a nanny state at times

WHO stuffin CARES

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Hostages held in Sydney - Live
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2014, 10:20:41 PM »
If it is only one cat holding them why haven't the old bill just popped him so they can all head to the pub?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2014, 01:18:29 AM »
The gunman is a known criminal allegedly out on bail for accessory to murder according to the latest news reports. His name is Man Haron Monis, a 'self appointed' Sheikh from Iran who lives in Sydney. He has a history of past crime including multiple sexual and physical assault.

https://twitter.com/SaraJamesAus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2014, 03:17:23 AM »
Ch 7 reporting 2 dead and 3 seriously injured. If right then at least one of the poor hostages is dead  :(.

Sadly, it looks like the gunman finally snapped after 17 hours when 7 hostages successfully made a run for it at 2am. Suddenly, there was a heap of gunfire and the cops went in when they heard a hostage still inside was down. They used high-powered rifles and stun bombs. As the cops went in, they dragged a body out and started doing CPR on the person. Ch 7 then cut from the live vision. No word yet on the gunman. The police rescue is still apparently checking the building and presumably the gunman's body for explosives.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2014, 05:04:57 AM »
Reports two hostages are dead  :(. The nutjob gunman is also confirmed dead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2014, 06:45:24 AM »
2 Innocent hostages dead, a man and a woman. May they rest in peace and their families somehow find the strength to get through this.

The 3rd dead is the gunman, the self confessed "Sheik" who was indeed on bail for being an accessory to the murder of his ex wife who was set on fire. This was just reported by David Richardson on Ch7 news just a few minutes ago.

So tragic and so very sad my thoughts are with the innocent victims including those hostages who survived but have to live with this nightmare for the rest of their lives

Hopefully some on here can refrain from their usual conspiracy nonsense on this thread and show some respect and compassion for the dead and their families
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2014, 06:58:29 AM »
Terrible outcome. The world is less one germ but unfortunately at the cost of others who had done nothing wrong.

Were you watching Sunrise, WP? I had it on while getting reqdy for work and listening to the reporter who was with the sniper who watched it unfold. Would have been terrifying for those inside and their bravery should be noted.

tony_montana

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2014, 07:51:33 AM »
More innocents taken in retribution. This is so stuffed. Now let's go back to seeing hashtags and Facebook crusades about making sure Muslim people aren't vilified bc of this incident, that's the biggest issue.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2014, 08:14:03 AM »
That's just terrible. Worst outcome possible. I was hoping he would just neck himself

Judge take your poo elsewhere mate. I think you have a few mates who agree with you too who are being silent. Just leave set up camp in Iran or something

Their government will treat you much better

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2014, 09:51:38 AM »
SNIP  :banghead :banghead

I will ask again please show some respect and compassion to those who have lost their lives and as importantly fellow posters as we all try to make sense of something that just doesn't make sense

Keep the conspiracy theories etc out of this thread. To continue to do so is nothing more than trolling and it wont tolerated

WP
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)