Author Topic: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron  (Read 195491 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2015, 05:37:05 PM »
Come on dudes, I love Dusty too but you can't defend what he did. Getting blind and threatening a chick in public was incredibly stuffing stupid and he deserves to get punished.

what does he deserve, willyb?

Couple of games off would be right I reckon.

Agree - should be plenty of time to have a good hard look at himself while he sits out the NAB challenge, avoiding injury to atone for his sins......
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2015, 05:48:11 PM »
AFL Players' Association board member and North Melbourne veteran Drew Petrie on Tuesday afternoon said a year-long suspension would be too "dramatic", and that education for Martin should be as high a priority as any punishment meted out.

Petrie said while Bartlett was entitled to his opinion, a 12-month ban "sounds a little bit dramatic to me".

"I'm sure there will be some education involved, which I think will resonate more with the player involved than just kicking him out the door for 12 months," Petrie said.

The North Melbourne veteran also said Richmond should be left to work out an appropriate penalty without the input of other parties. "I think it's best left to them and their capable administration to handle it," he said. "I don't think it's really up to players and other clubs to be making too much comment on what's going on."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/ban-tigers-star-dustin-martin-for-12-months-urges-richmond-legend-kevin-bartlett-20151207-glhy7l.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2015, 05:49:46 PM »
THE AFL and Richmond’s integrity team have requested to interview the young woman who Dustin Martin threatened to stab with chopsticks at a Melbourne restaurant at the weekend.

The interviews were expected to go ahead this afternoon before the club makes a decision on any sanctions against Martin later this week.

It is understood the Tigers have also held a high-level meeting over the incident.

“This is a very serious matter that requires a thorough investigation and we are working with the AFL to ensure we have all the facts before us,” Richmond CEO Brendon Gale said in a statement this afternoon.

“I want to be clear that any threat of physical violence against a woman – or any member of the public for that matter - is completely unacceptable.

“Dustin is disappointed in his behaviour and we are incredibly disappointed in Dustin.”

It comes after Gale this morning said Martin “acted like a goose” when he threatened to kill the woman while drunk at Chapel St’s trendy Mr Miyagi eaterie and bar on Saturday night.

Speaking at a Women in Leadership Summit this morning, Gale said Martin had made a “very serious mistake” when he made the violent threat.

Gale is a Male Champion of Change, one of a number of high-profile and influential men helping to advance gender equality in Victoria.

He said the incident created an opportunity for the club to say what was considered acceptable behaviour towards women.

Gale would not comment further on the issue to the Herald Sun following the panel discussion.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/dustin-martin-in-drunken-altercation-at-chapel-st-restaurant/news-story/56f92229cabcae3a33288c5748d683c2

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2015, 05:50:33 PM »
As per usual every one condemns the actions of the high profile person whilst believing anything that comes out of the mouth of a nobody.
Since when does impersonating a walrus using chop sticks become such a bad thing that some one feels they need to interfere with his night out? 

She knew he was a player and sounds as if she took extra notice of what he did.
I just love the part where she refers to him going to the toilet, seriously WTF?
Would she rather him take a poo at the bar?

Ox's comparison sums up just how PC mad this country has become is sadly spot on.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2015, 05:54:58 PM »
Come on dudes, I love Dusty too but you can't defend what he did. Getting blind and threatening a chick in public was incredibly stuffing stupid and he deserves to get punished.

what does he deserve, willyb?

Couple of games off would be right I reckon.

With pay
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2015, 06:00:22 PM »
If she wants to press charges, go for it
If not - stfu afl.
stuffn rubbish competition it is now. These idiot'a think they're bigger than the law.
The woman was there sucking pee (as all TV producers and execs do) and had had enough herself to call dusty to her table as tho she were some type of royalty.
Mund your own business or go to the cops, who can't do anything because he didn't actually do anything, especially considering both parties were in a pee house.
Dusty is a idiot but that's all he's guilty of.
He should have done a spear dance instead.
Untouchable
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2015, 06:04:23 PM »
WP is domestic violence any bigger than drunk/drug driving or hanging out with murderers. How many weeks did hodgy cop?

You know i will try raise my kids to not approach drunk people, its that simple. Go walk down swanston street you see plenty like dusty and if people just minded their own business all will be good. Guys like this are everywhere but not many with a name called dustin martin. Come back to me when its proven he did touch her, otherwise his just another idiot who had too much to drink.

Now that good 2 shoes cotchin and peggy sue is involved who knows what his going to cop.

Dusty pushing a cop would have been treated just like this if it happened today, so lose the gender card FFS some of you lot.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2015, 06:11:18 PM »

Spot on Brackets.  Lot of politically correct, hypocritical bull5hyt being flung at Dusty at present.  Still say the chick had no place or right to interfere or intervene and her actions helped escalate it.  If she was so concerned about Dusty's welfare and behaviour it was her responsibility to go the the restaurant management, not become a lone crusader saving the dining world.  And before all you precious types get up in arms - I don't for 1 second condone or excuse his behaviour but she has an element of culpability that is being overlooked in the clamour to be seen taking the high moral ground.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2015, 06:11:23 PM »
Lol

The afl asked the woman how long he should be suspended for and what she thought he should have to do.

What a stuffn joke of a competition.

Stupid bitch
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2015, 06:13:17 PM »
Lol

The afl asked the woman how long he should be suspended for and what she thought he should have to do.

Stupid bitch

i dont believe it. Actually i do. AFL is a big stuffin joke

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2015, 06:15:13 PM »
She was annoyed by martins loudness and is a TV journo producer.
By her very nature she would have known that by acting the way she did, she was provoking a situation.
That's how tv works.
Go stuff urself bitch.
U knew exactly what you were doing and knew what was going to happen n
Too gutless to be honest. Have to pretend she tried to be a noble citizen.
Yeh right,,because that's waht TV producers are. Hahahahahaha
stuff off mole
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:49:12 PM by (•))(©™ »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2015, 06:16:20 PM »
Lol

Stupid bitch

i dont believe it. Actually i do. AFL is a big stuffin joke

Well that's what was reported by HER network, who are absolutely loving it.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2015, 06:16:32 PM »
WP is domestic violence any bigger than drunk/drug driving or hanging out with murderers. How many weeks did hodgy cop?

You know i will try raise my kids to not approach drunk people, its that simple. Go walk down swanston street you see plenty like dusty and if people just minded their own business all will be good. Guys like this are everywhere but not many with a name called dustin martin. Come back to me when its proven he did touch her, otherwise his just another idiot who had too much to drink.

Now that good 2 shoes cotchin and peggy sue is involved who knows what his going to cop.

Dusty pushing a cop would have been treated just like this if it happened today, so lose the gender card FFS some of you lot.

Bizarre post.

Are you saying that it's OK for one of our players to be acting like a peed loony on Swantson St?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2015, 06:23:48 PM »
i did say idiots like this are everywhere who drink too much. This woman feels she has to tell us when he went for a bog, suggests she was worried about him more than the people she was with.

You go up to someone who is drunk or on drugs your asking for trouble.

as for getting peeed in a public place well we have all been young once. I have never drunk and driven over the limit though. Whats worse?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2015, 06:24:34 PM »
Ch 7 news tonight showed some brief vision of this AFL meeting which looked like it was at a cafe.

They also said:

* Dusty is looking at a length suspension.

* The woman prefers a punishment for Dusty based more around dealing with anger management and alcohol abuse.

* The RFC has admitted that Dusty has an alcohol problem.

* The AFL plans to interview Dusty before handing down a decision.