Author Topic: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron  (Read 195504 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron
« Reply #1065 on: January 28, 2016, 01:39:20 PM »
Storm in a dogs hole.

Another sensationalist view as portrayed by media with dysfunctional genitalia.

He was making a joke. A sight gag if u will.

He was never going to root the dog.

stuffn imbeciles
Well said mate
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1066 on: January 28, 2016, 10:42:37 PM »
What's the white ribbon equivalent for canines?

The RSPCA who are actually investigating and may go the police with animal cruelty case

Was the dog offended that it was being led on?
Pretty ruff treatment
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1067 on: January 28, 2016, 10:44:06 PM »
Apparently it was like a dog with a bone
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:48:17 AM by WilliamPowell »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1068 on: January 28, 2016, 11:02:13 PM »
#RubberBoneSociety
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1070 on: January 31, 2016, 02:35:37 PM »
http://www.sen.com.au/news/01-16/robbo-there-s-hair-on-this-dusty-story#OKiYO9KQyPD68DC8.97
Here's the audio of Robbo and full article:

AUDIO: https://audioboom.com/boos/4116499-mark-robinson-on-the-run-home

Robbo: There’s hair on this Dusty story
Joshua Papanikolaou
28 Jan 2016, 06:45PM

The incident between a drunken Dustin Martin and a woman at a restaurant late last year is far from what it appears on the surface, according to Mark Robinson.

He revealed that the lady who alleged the Richmond midfielder threatened her life with a chopstick on Chapel Street gave her details to a member of staff after the incident.

“There’s a bit of hair on this story and I think Dustin Martin got slaughtered by everyone and female columnists around the country,” said Robinson on SEN radio.

“The story has turned out not to be the story that was originally reported – I agree he was drunk, being an idiot and aggressive – but there’s a fine line between having an argument with a person and being threatening to them.”

After details were initially released of the alleged attack and Martin apologised for his behaviour public opinion had the 24-year-old guilty, with a hefty penalty expected.

The club was criticised heavily for not taking the issue seriously enough from the beginning, but after the police cleared Martin of any wrongdoing the perception of what actually happened started to change.

Support for the woman decreased when she declined to make an official statement to police and the information given to the AFL was seemingly different to the initial claim.

“Do you know that she handed her business card to a female waitress after the incident and said, ‘if anymore celebrities come here give me a buzz’ – why would she do that?” said Robinson.

“I’ve heard that very, very strongly that she had to go on air and felt (from Channel 7) that she had to tell her story.

“Well, her story hasn’t quite stood up to what those early accusations were.”

The chief football writer for the Herald Sun had his doubts about the allegations before Martin was cleared by the police and then by an AFL investigation.

“I thought he got slaughtered over this and I haven’t heard too many apologies since,” he said.

“Richmond and Dustin Martin just want it to go away and he is extremely angry, he really is.”

http://www.sen.com.au/news/01-16/robbo-there-s-hair-on-this-dusty-story#vzx3cKBIiUPDxYBT.97

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1071 on: January 31, 2016, 03:00:19 PM »
Robbo!   :bow  It's about time!  Welcome to the world of journalism!    :clapping
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1072 on: January 31, 2016, 07:40:09 PM »
hahahahahaha celebrities

WP apology accepted.

Thanks for coming
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1073 on: January 31, 2016, 09:47:01 PM »
WP apology accepted.

Thanks for coming

What are you on about?

And aplogy for what?

Dont owe you or anyone an apology
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1074 on: January 31, 2016, 10:41:29 PM »
Don't tell me...
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1075 on: February 01, 2016, 06:48:18 AM »
Btw here is my card... Call me wp
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1076 on: February 01, 2016, 01:43:16 PM »
Midfield star Dustin Martin found himself in the headlines for all the wrong reasons over the off-season, accused of threatening a woman in a Chapel Street restaurant.

He was later cleared by Victoria Police, but received a suspended sanction from the club for being intoxicated in a public place.

Gale said Martin was “distressed” by the saga.

“I think Dustin understands in some way he contributed to the situation by being drunk in a public place,” he said.

“I think he’s been very distressed by the way it’s been presented. He understands that he’s a person of interest to the public and that people have a fascination with him and how he looks. I think he understands that, but it’s certainly been a very distressing period for him. He’s certainly through it and he’s moved on.”

Source: Herald-Sun

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Martin 'distressed' by investigation into drunken incident: Gale ... (afl site)
« Reply #1077 on: February 01, 2016, 05:22:03 PM »
Martin 'distressed' by investigation into drunken incident: Gale

AFL.com.au
February 1, 2016

RICHMOND star Dustin Martin was "distressed" throughout the AFL's investigation into claims he threatened a woman with a chopstick, CEO Brendon Gale says.

An AFL probe found there was no evidence to support the allegation that an intoxicated Martin threatened at a Japanese restaurant in Melbourne in December.

"I think Dustin understands he in someway contributed to the situation by being drunk in a public place, but I think he's been very distressed by the way it (the incident) has been presented," Gale told SEN on Monday.

"He understands he is a person of interest to the public, people have a fascination with him and how he looks and whether that's right or wrong I don't know.

"It's been a very distressing period for him but he's certainly through it and moved on."

The AFL enquiry followed a police investigation that found no criminal offence took place.

The star Tiger was handed a suspended $5000 fine by the club for unprofessional behaviour and intoxication.

Gale said Richmond considered launching legal action against some news outlets, including Channel Seven, for the way they portrayed Martin and the incident, but ultimately decided against it.

"We were disappointed in the way the broader story was presented; the way it was suggested Dusty could barely stand up or speak or he was acting like a lunatic or he was going to the toilets every five minutes," Gale said.

"All these things presented a story that made an outcome more likely – we were disappointed with that.

"Dustin did have a few drinks and he did act like a dill – we've addressed that and hopefully he'll move on from it."

The incident took place at a Windsor restaurant after a drunken Martin had spent the day with revellers at the Stereosonic music festival.

A 30-year-old Sydney woman made a complaint to the Tigers, after which Martin expressed regret for his behaviour in a club statement, and apologised to the woman.

"Regrettably, I was intoxicated and that, in itself, is completely unacceptable," Martin said in the statement last month.

"I do, however, take responsibility for my behaviour and I am deeply embarrassed. If anything I have said or done has caused anyone to feel threatened, then that is totally inappropriate."

Martin will be free to play for Richmond when its NAB Challenge campaign kicks off against Fremantle at Mandurah on February 19.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-01/martin-distressed-by-investigation-into-drunken-incident-gale

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1078 on: February 01, 2016, 07:10:15 PM »
Sue the cow for loss of form due to stress inflicted by means of false testimony and media saturation.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1079 on: February 01, 2016, 07:58:21 PM »
Can I ask, has her identity come out yet and if so can she be named?

I ask for the sake of sober discussion, measured debate and fairness to all parties.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018