Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 762535 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #6435 on: November 18, 2023, 10:20:00 AM »
This used to be a really interesting thread, great albeit sometimes heated discussions around political and social issues.

Now it is well just a troll fest.

I know why it is like this now so Dio you don't need to post ad nauseam about the whys.

I know when it started and I know when it escalated to what we have now

But it really is unfortunate

Perhaps we should run a poll on whether to close it down 🤔 (just thinking out loud)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #6436 on: November 18, 2023, 10:52:05 AM »
No 1 post on this thread ended with the quote below. Some things never change.

Its a farce and Gillard is becoming one also. She is gawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn  by next election

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #6437 on: November 18, 2023, 10:53:33 AM »
My favourite thread on the site

Now that there is some balance

Was years of pro Labor spamming .. but now there is articles both ways we want to close the thread?

What a joke that would be

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #6438 on: November 18, 2023, 11:09:31 AM »

Was years of pro Labor spamming .. but now there is articles both ways we want to close the thread?

Funny it started with anti-Labor rhetoric.

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6439 on: November 18, 2023, 01:40:19 PM »
This is a good place to discuss the way the world and. Society is going . A. Variety of point of views is useful as it stimulates one to look at things from a different perspective and to look at different pathways moving forward.
However for me posting on here is usually a big NO as it appears to me discussions can get quite aggressive … just my two cents worth.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6440 on: November 18, 2023, 02:31:01 PM »

Damo, you seemed to have missed or perhaps ignored what I thought was 2 deliberate & pertinent statements in my post and that were....

I know why it is like this now so Dio you don't need to post ad nauseam about the whys.

So no need to point out the obvious...

It is just disappointing that there seems to very little discussion around the articles being posted.

Personally I used to post alot in this thread but now keep my post to a minimum. My reason have nothing to do with more pro coalition articles being posted but was driven by being accused by a poster on here as being a racist a couple of years ago.

What made it worse at the time and it still irks me to this day was not one other poster on here called it out, reported it or complained about it. But during the same time line folks have continually complained about trolling due to pro Labor articles being posted. I still do this :huh3 because I know which I think is worse...but anyway..  vent over :cheers

I also said I was thinking out loud that's all... thread won't be closed

« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 04:46:17 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6441 on: November 18, 2023, 03:01:32 PM »

Was years of pro Labor spamming
.. but now there is articles both ways we want to close the thread?

Damo, you seemed to have missed or perhaps ignored what I thought was 2 eliberate & pertinent statements in my post and that were....

So no need to point out the obvious...

It is just disappointing that there seems to very little discussion around the articles being posted.

Personally I used to post alot in this thread but now keep my post to a minimum. My reason have nothing to do with more pro coalition articles being posted but was driven by being accused by a poster on here as being a racist a couple of years ago.

What made it worse at the time and it still irks me to this day was not one other poster on here called it out, reported it or complained about it. But during the same time line folks have continually complained about trolling due to pro Labor articles being posted. I still do this :huh3 because I know which I think is worse...but anyway..  vent over :cheers

I also said I was thinking out loud that's all... thread won't be closed

very true damo much more balanced i feel. Seems some cant handle it which is very typical of a certain direction. (left)

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #6442 on: November 18, 2023, 04:33:58 PM »
This thread is fine when adults commence a discussion about political issues and debate with a bit of respect but unfortunately one poster always spammed the thread with ridiculous articles

With that being said

Albo must go.

Has to go
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #6443 on: November 18, 2023, 05:14:58 PM »
This thread is fine when adults commence a discussion about political issues and debate with a bit of respect but unfortunately one poster always spammed the thread with ridiculous articles

Yes articles from Sky News have no credibility whatsoever.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6444 on: November 18, 2023, 05:51:16 PM »
If we locked up the mentally ill like we used to the left would never win another election....hell the Greens would barely get a single vote not that it would matter because they wouldn't be able to field any candidates.....  :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6445 on: November 18, 2023, 09:09:02 PM »
rubbish MT
I pointed out nothing about what Murray had to say

I commented solely on the video of Airbus in question time .. and he was appalling

Nobody could excuse how pathetic he was .. it bordered on sad comedy .. flustered in his actions and pathetic in his words ..
I watched QT that day. In that Sky News clip you posted, Murray's rant is falsely linking that snippet of Albanese directly to Dutton's spiel in the first part of the clip when instead Albanese was responding a motion put forward by Dutton where the low-life pathetically tried to politicise anti-Semitism.

FFS, check Hansard (Nov 15) and you'd see that Tehan spoke after Dutton before Albanese got up to reply and the part quoted of Albanese in that Sky News clip is about ten paragraphs into his full reply and ignores what Albanese said leading up to it about anti-Semitism as well as Dutton's hypocrisy over the High Court's decision when earlier in the year Dutton said 'You've got to respect the Constitution. You can't change the Constitution, because if you do, you can't out-legislate it.'
https://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/download/chamber/hansardr/27180/toc_pdf/House%20of%20Representatives_2023_11_15.pdf;fileType=application%2Fpdf

But nah, it's Murray who is having another on-air tantrum because Albanese calls out this 'Sky after Dark' BS. No surprise yet again the Murdoch propaganda from its crybaby shrills falsely and deliberately cherry picks to try to deceive their gullible viewers & readers who just swallow everything they are spoon fed without question ::).

As for Dutton, he tried to shut down the discussion the following day ("I move that the minister be no longer heard") and then ran out of the chamber when he didn't have the numbers and didn't get his own way. The dope was formerly in charge of immigration and border protection for 4 years (2014-18) and this HC mess is ultimately his creation, but he wants to blame everyone else for it ::). What a hypocritical coward! :yep
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #6446 on: November 18, 2023, 09:28:42 PM »
Dutton a coward?

He’s tougher than Tyson combined with Ali , compared to Albo

Do you need me to link Albo running from the media pre-election again??

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6447 on: November 18, 2023, 10:17:30 PM »
Dutton a coward?

He’s tougher than Tyson combined with Ali , compared to Albo

Do you need me to link Albo running from the media pre-election again??
Dutton ran out of the chamber rather than face the music when his pathetic politicising of anti-Semitism, cluelessness about the Separation of Powers, and his own involvement as the former Immigration minister from 2014-18 for this High Court mess ended up backfiring. The little boy took his bat and ball and ran home. Yep, he's a hypocritical bigoted coward! :chickenlittle We shouldn't be surprised though. After all, unlike us Melburnians, the scaredy cat is frightened of going out to restaurants at night :shh.

You mean that Murdoch media gotcha question pre-election asking about running much higher deficits than the LNP's record deficit and debt, and then them sooking as usual when Albanese didn't fall for it. Funny how there's surpluses now instead. Of course, the media pre-election didn't want to consider a surplus scenario because it didn't suit their negative BS narrative which treats the public with contempt ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6448 on: November 19, 2023, 12:37:23 AM »
This used to be a really interesting thread, great albeit sometimes heated discussions around political and social issues.

Now it is well just a troll fest.

But it really is unfortunate

Perhaps we should run a poll on whether to close it down 🤔 (just thinking out loud)

It was always a troll fest  - amazing you're now openly calling it that when previously anyone dare mentioned who that troll was or called them out had those posts deleted with strenuous refutations from you that the person was even trolling... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6449 on: November 19, 2023, 10:23:54 AM »

It was always a troll fest  - amazing you're now openly calling it that when previously anyone dare mentioned who that troll was or called them out had those posts deleted with strenuous refutations from you that the person was even trolling... :shh

I know I'm going to regret this post and especially considering the news we got this morning but I digress

But here you go I hope you at least read it even though I know you will vehemently disagree

But someone posting article after article favouring one side of politics and offering nothing else to the discussion is not trolling. As painful as it may appear (and yes I find it painful, childish and ridiculous TBBH) it isn't trolling.

So that's why the posts you have constantly complained within the post and potted another poster were removed. Site rules are very clear and they explain how posters are not to take matters into their own hands and post on the forum their grievances, use the report to moderator function (see 3 strike policy post)

Adding references that include other posters names to bait for a response over and over again that's trolling and baiting.

Posting responses to those articles without even quoting said article with repetitive hash tag slogans is trolling which is happening alot now but hey guess what lately they haven't been removed. Don't see you complaining about that.

I actually understand your angst, frustration call it what you want because I have hated the articles as well but as I said they haven't broken any rules that's why they were never removed. I just ignored them because they simply didn't deserve a reply. It wasn't because I agreed or disagreed with the articles contents I just didn't want to give them any more airtime or relevance ...

**I feel this post is going to get reported  ;)"