Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 80452 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #255 on: October 03, 2013, 11:32:48 AM »
Jordon Russell (ex Carlton & C'wood) was on SEN this morning, spruiking his wares as to why he wants another chance at AFL level

Although I wouldn't take him as an AFL player what caught my attention was a commnet made about if he doesn't get an AFL gig for 2014 his "plan B" was to get into development coaching

What are people's thoughts on the RFC signing him up for our VFL side as captain and having him as a development coach as well?

Yep, get it done WP  :thumbsup
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #257 on: October 03, 2013, 12:25:48 PM »
Jordon Russell (ex Carlton & C'wood) was on SEN this morning, spruiking his wares as to why he wants another chance at AFL level

Although I wouldn't take him as an AFL player what caught my attention was a commnet made about if he doesn't get an AFL gig for 2014 his "plan B" was to get into development coaching

What are people's thoughts on the RFC signing him up for our VFL side as captain and having him as a development coach as well?

Hes no Shane Tuck. dont know about captian/coach

back pocket

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #258 on: October 03, 2013, 12:39:36 PM »
In a massive "non" surprise, Eddie Betts has accepted the Crows offer of $2mil over 4 years  ;D

See:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-goalsneak-eddie-betts-accepts-offer-to-join-adelaide-crows-as-a-free-agent/story-fnfll94y-1226732089349
Interesting quote about them not being prepared to compromise their "payment strategied" for Betts but happy to for micks petal daisy.
I wonder how the blues players feel about mick?
Guided them to 9th, halfway through the season basically blamed the list (players)for the results and then now got rid of one very popular team mate to  overpay  one injury plagued player from another club.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #259 on: October 03, 2013, 12:43:00 PM »
Lmao Carltank offering Daisy 4 years @ 700k per season! BONKERS! Collingwood to get a first round pick for an overrated injury prone hack
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2013, 01:17:10 PM »
Yep The Age Web-site Daist is gone to the Blues @ $700k a season for 4 years

Article:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dale-thomas-to-sign-fouryear-deal-with-carlton-20131003-2uv5i.html

Colin Sylvia is going to the Dockers - no details on length or $$$

See: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demon-colin-sylvia-becomes-a-docker-20131003-2uv2e.html

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2013, 01:18:23 PM »
Anyone interested in Mitch Thorp as a possible mature age rookie? Seems to have done well down in Tassie. Any of our Taswegians here see how he went?
Former number 6 pick. If he is over his attitude and injury issues I'd seriously have a look at him

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #262 on: October 03, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »
Anyone interested in Mitch Thorp as a possible mature age rookie? Seems to have done well down in Tassie. Any of our Taswegians here see how he went?
Former number 6 pick. If he is over his attitude and injury issues I'd seriously have a look at him
Yup, was going to post something the other day. I'd definitely have a look at him, good head on his shoulders now by all accounts. Was coaching and playing and led his side to the trophy this year.

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #263 on: October 03, 2013, 01:27:42 PM »
Yup, was going to post something the other day. I'd definitely have a look at him, good head on his shoulders now by all accounts. Was coaching and playing and led his side to the trophy this year.
Heard him interviewed on SEN and he sounded very grounded. Was playing as a captain coach in Tassie and won the GF. would be worth a late punt I would think.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2013, 01:33:53 PM »

Hes no Shane Tuck. dont know about captian/coach

back pocket

I don't say anything about him being captain/coach

I suggested we sign him for our VFL side and make him Captain of that side

And also give him a job as a development coach

A similar set up to what Geelong had this years with the Selwood who used to play for Brisbane and retired. Captain of the their VFL side and a development role
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2013, 02:28:42 PM »
except jordan russell has no leadership qualities, is soft as a hangover borry, and is a very average footballer

FFS  ::)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2013, 02:41:30 PM »

Yes Thorp>McGaune

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2013, 06:01:57 PM »

A similar set up to what Geelong had this years with the Selwood who used to play for Brisbane and retired. Captain of the their VFL side and a development role

Troy   :thumbsup

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #268 on: October 03, 2013, 06:06:06 PM »

Killed it. Will get drafted but hopefully not by us. Didn't do much in the VFL the year after he got delisted, who cares about his form in Tassie.

Lmao Carltank offering Daisy 4 years @ 700k per season! BONKERS! Collingwood to get a first round pick for an overrated injury prone hack

Injury prone maybe, but hack? He's a really good player. Why do you think he is a hack?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #269 on: October 03, 2013, 06:15:01 PM »

Killed it. Will get drafted but hopefully not by us. Didn't do much in the VFL the year after he got delisted, who cares about his form in Tassie.

Injury prone maybe, but hack? He's a really good player. Why do you think he is a hack?

He is not a really good player. He is good looking, I'll give him that.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH