Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 80453 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2013, 06:17:16 PM »
Anyone interested in Mitch Thorp as a possible mature age rookie? Seems to have done well down in Tassie. Any of our Taswegians here see how he went?
Former number 6 pick. If he is over his attitude and injury issues I'd seriously have a look at him

Killed it. Will get drafted but hopefully not by us. Didn't do much in the VFL the year after he got delisted, who cares about his form in Tassie.

Lmao Carltank offering Daisy 4 years @ 700k per season! BONKERS! Collingwood to get a first round pick for an overrated injury prone hack

Injury prone maybe, but hack? He's a really good player. Why do you think he is a hack?

He is not a really good player. He is good looking, I'll give him that.

What do his looks have to do with anything? He's a gun. Used to be a show pony but got himself,fit tough and that improved his output greatly.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2013, 06:33:21 PM »
Lmao Carltank offering Daisy 4 years @ 700k per season! BONKERS! Collingwood to get a first round pick for an overrated injury prone hack

Thomas is far from being a hack footballer.  :huh What game do you watch. His from from being injury prone  :whistle

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2013, 06:38:06 PM »
What do his looks have to do with anything? He's a gun. Used to be a show pony but got himself,fit tough and that improved his output greatly.

Is he completely over his injury problems? What I mean is would his body hold up in the AFL? Massive step up from state leagues
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2013, 06:46:11 PM »
Mitch? Yes I think so. Not the answer for us at CHF IMO

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #274 on: October 03, 2013, 06:54:31 PM »

Yeah was asking about Mitch

Just concerned his body with his injury history might struggle with the AFL workload

Thoughts?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: October 03, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »

Just concerned his body with his injury history might struggle with the AFL workload

Thoughts?
Extremely talented junior who was full of himself at Hawthorn.  He was pick 6, just ahead of Selwood!!!  Was thought to be better than Jack in Tassie.
Then attitude and injury ended his career.
His attitude has improved apparently but I think Dimma would have been scarred by him through his days at Hawthorn.
Again, probably an upgrade on what we have until the youngsters improve.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #276 on: October 03, 2013, 07:14:23 PM »

Thoughts?
Extremely talented junior who was full of himself at Hawthorn.  He was pick 6, just ahead of Selwood!!!  Was thought to be better than Jack in Tassie.
Then attitude and injury ended his career.
His attitude has improved apparently but I think Dimma would have been scarred by him through his days at Hawthorn.
Again, probably an upgrade on what we have until the youngsters improve.

Back then was a bigger figjam than buddy

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: October 03, 2013, 07:54:49 PM »
With Buddy going to Sydney, and with them also having Tippitt, what would people's thoughts be if we chased Sam Reid to play alongside Jack. I know he is contracted but maybe Sydney might like ease salary cap presure and would like to off load him for our first round pick??
Would that be enough?

Imagine getting him in to our forwardline as well as young Garlett and Chappy. Not to shabby!

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2013, 07:58:28 PM »
With Buddy going to Sydney, and with them also having Tippitt, what would people's thoughts be if we chased Sam Reid to play alongside Jack. I know he is contracted but maybe Sydney might like ease salary cap presure and would like to off load him for our first round pick??
Would that be enough?

Imagine getting him in to our forwardline as well as young Garlett and Chappy. Not to shabby!

McBean, Elton and Griffiths we reply need to hedge our bets on one of these guys coming on.
Sounds like McBean will be a very similar player, lets get some games into him!

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #279 on: October 03, 2013, 08:08:25 PM »
Jonathon Patton to the woofers for pick 4.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: October 03, 2013, 08:31:45 PM »
Jonathon Patton to the woofers for pick 4.

source?

leaving them with only Cameron and Boyd. Cant see that happening.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

tony_montana

« Reply #281 on: October 03, 2013, 08:37:42 PM »
yeah with Buddy not going cant see it happening now.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: October 03, 2013, 09:35:51 PM »
Would that be enough?

McBean, Elton and Griffiths we reply need to hedge our bets on one of these guys coming on.
Sounds like McBean will be a very similar player, lets get some games into him!
The beauty if one or even a couple of these guys come on is- down the track we can off load whichever one we see fit, which would give us a great pick in the draft or another player we need. Just like Sydney have that option now, Reid was a second or third rounder and now Sydney could easy get an early first rounder for him. Same with Mumford. It's all about gaining and upgrading.
So Sydney could easy end up with Buddy, picks 10 and 13 (Reid, Mumford) and then their pick at 18ish. All this for two players that they have already replaced.
Not a bad way to go into a new season after finishing 3rd or 4th this year.

gerkin greg

« Reply #283 on: October 03, 2013, 11:02:26 PM »
Sam Reid is ass

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #284 on: October 03, 2013, 11:06:28 PM »
Brisbane's James Polkinghorne is seeking a trade if possible, New coach Justin Leppitsch is expected to speak to Polkinghorne when he returns from overseas.

There are reports that Luke Shuey is seriously considering a return back to Victoria, which comes as Melbourne declared that they WILL trade their prized No 2 pick overall, in order to bring elite talent to the club. Shuey went to school with Jack Viney at Carey Grammar, and was close with Viney's family, also growing up as Melbourne supporter.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

Adelaide and Fremantle have expressed interest in Hawthorn midfielder Xavier Ellis.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AFL-Draft-News-Trade-News-and-Gossip/278623632170146