Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 80377 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #345 on: October 06, 2013, 08:55:05 PM »
i think your hoping WP more than being realistic. I would be doing cartwheels if we got a second rounder for either.

By the way when will we know what picks we are getting?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #346 on: October 06, 2013, 09:10:14 PM »
i think your hoping WP more than being realistic. I would be doing cartwheels if we got a second rounder for either.

Only say 2nd rounders daniel because I believe, though not completely sure, that the value of their new contracts -v- value of their old deals might also be taken into consideration

Don't forget White was taken with pick 1 in the PSD, so he might score you a 2nd rounder

As to when we find out? Have no idea
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #347 on: October 06, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »
Fremantle have spent the weekend speaking to Sam Reid's management in the attempt to entice the key forward to the Dockers, who now sits behind Lance Franklin and Kurt Tippett in the forward line for the Swans. There has been rumour that Reid is open to the opportunity of the trade, given the likelihood that Sydney will land Buddy during the early part of the week. Reid still has three years to run on a five-year deal.

SEN have reported that GWS have declined interest in Geelong's Travis Varcoe, who was reported to be trade bait to lure Taylor Adams to the Cats.

The Courier Mail is reporting that Gold Coast have drummed up interest in Heath Shaw over the weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #348 on: October 06, 2013, 09:29:09 PM »
Channel 7 have reported that Heath Shaw is headed to the Cattery.

More on the Luke Shuey front, Pick 2 from Melbourne could be on offer to lure the talented mid back to his home state. Shuey has a year left on his contract.

https://www.facebook.com/TheZanottiFiles

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #349 on: October 06, 2013, 09:31:16 PM »
If we're quoting Facebook now......Nick Reiwoldt will sign a two year deal with Richmond for Nahas and a 3rd round pick :lol

https://www.facebook.com/2014TradeUpdate/posts/509767715784510

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #350 on: October 06, 2013, 09:46:27 PM »

Only say 2nd rounders daniel because I believe, though not completely sure, that the value of their new contracts -v- value of their old deals might also be taken into consideration

Don't forget White was taken with pick 1 in the PSD, so he might score you a 2nd rounder

As to when we find out? Have no idea
He s on a 1m contract at port, that's the guide to what compo is
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #351 on: October 06, 2013, 09:52:26 PM »

Technically We should first thing in the morning! We won't though you watch >:(
I don't know how we're meant to trade pick 11 if its really pick 12? And if we are giving up our second round pick for Hampson surely it would be better to offer our Compo pick first, o'h that's right, we don't know what the stuff were getting!!!! The whole thing is a sham!!!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #352 on: October 06, 2013, 09:55:21 PM »
judging by last years, unrestricted received 3rd round or nothing.

Brett Moloney(2 year deal) got melbourne a third round, and i cant see White being on more coin.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #353 on: October 06, 2013, 09:55:41 PM »
Get Kane Johnson for wells  :banghead

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #354 on: October 06, 2013, 09:57:04 PM »

I don't know how we're meant to trade pick 11 if its really pick 12? And if we are giving up our second round pick for Hampson surely it would be better to offer our Compo pick first, o'h that's right, we don't know what the stuff were getting!!!! The whole thing is a sham!!!

Agree with this. But, maybe the Tiges know the second round compo pick they are getting and it's better than 28, so they have offered that pick 28 for him.....just a thought.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #355 on: October 06, 2013, 09:58:23 PM »

Agree with this. But, maybe the Tiges know the second round compo pick they are getting and it's better than 28, so they have offered that pick 28 for him.....just a thought.

Fingers crossed WAT, fingers Crossed :pray

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #356 on: October 06, 2013, 10:01:05 PM »

Fingers crossed WAT, fingers Crossed :pray

Yep. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #357 on: October 06, 2013, 10:02:14 PM »
RICHMOND
A lot like Essendon in the fact that they have been more inclined to sign up their elite young talent, rather that go out and look for more. The Tigers have now withdrawn interest on Taylor Adams, with bigger offers looming from Collingwood and Geelong, and an apprehensive approach into trading their first round selection - a pick of which they have had a great success with in previous years. Shaun Hampson could be sought out as back up for Ivan Marric, whilst Paul Chapman could be just what the doctor ordered for the young Tiger cubs, with his energy, experience and leadership something that Damian Harwick would love to draw on. There was some shaky ground for a moment whilst Reece Conca and Dustin Martin considered offers elsewhere, but their passion for the club and the jumper ultimately meant they were really never ever in doubt of leaving a club who is certainly on the rise. The Tigers should also get some decent compo out of Matt White and Luke McGuane who have accept some big deals at Port and Brisbane respectively, which could see another two first-round picks land at the Tigers. The Tigers are yet to re-sign David Astbury, almost underlining the fact that he will be used as trade bait this week.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews/posts/211117429062493
Astbury last year signed a two-year contract extension until the end of 2014. So the bold bit is crap.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2012-10-18/astbury-resigns

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #358 on: October 06, 2013, 10:04:10 PM »
Moloney  couldnt get a game for a side that came last. Whitey was a vital part of a dream team midfield that won us 15 games . We ll get some decent compo , don't worry bout that :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #359 on: October 07, 2013, 12:09:51 AM »

2 weeks. Can't give it out before end out Free Agency. What happens if they give us 2 second rounders and then we land Daisy?  :shh