Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 80394 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #570 on: October 17, 2013, 03:17:35 AM »
Collingwood have discussed exchanging their picks 11 and 27 for West Coast’s sixth selection. The Eagles would then on-trade 27 to the Brisbane Lions for Elliott Yeo.

The Pies are holding steadfast to their belief Heath Shaw and Taylor Adams should change clubs in the form of a straight swap only.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-eyes-no6-draft-pick-as-part-of-heath-shaw-taylor-adams-trade/story-fnfll94y-1226741216205

Bernie Vince is on the cusp of signing a lucrative long-term deal to join Melbourne. The Crows would gain pick 20 for Vince, who is holidaying in the US and yet to sign off on the deal.The 28-year-old, contracted for one more year at Adelaide, has been offered a three-year deal to join the Demons' midfield, with a trigger for a fourth season.

Matthew Buntine and Tom Bugg are young Giants linked to the proposed swap for pick two, which would also see Melbourne gain the Giants' selection No.9.

Essendon are looking at signing Paul Chapman on a two-year incentive based deal, a contract where he could earn around $300,000 per year. The second year would be triggered if he met certain targets.

Both Essendon and the Crows are interested in young Giant Shaun Edwards.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demons-zero-in-on-crow-vince-20131016-2vn0n.html

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #571 on: October 17, 2013, 06:37:03 AM »
 :facepalm pies

So pontentially they'll pick up this year:

Pick 6, 10 plus their later picks. Taylor Adams, Jessie white and Karnezis.
They wont have done too bad considering they got rid of what they didnt want in the first place

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #572 on: October 17, 2013, 08:57:28 AM »
:facepalm pies

So pontentially they'll pick up this year:

Pick 6, 10 plus their later picks. Taylor Adams, Jessie white and Karnezis.
They wont have done too bad considering they got rid of what they didnt want in the first place

Remember they lose Dale Thomas, Heath Shaw and picks 11 and 27.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Rampstar

« Reply #573 on: October 17, 2013, 09:10:23 AM »
From C4[2]Yo`DooR on BF:

Essendon are into Brad Helbig - no idea what they can offer up though given then have no picks?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-rumour-discussion-ii.1035455/page-97#post-30628434

David Myers straight swap. Myers wants to come to Richmond anyway.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #574 on: October 17, 2013, 09:18:00 AM »
The ability to offload players with currency helps big time during the trade period. We had nothing to really offer. That's not a bad thing as it shows that our top 30 players are forming the nucleus of a very good side and the club has faith in the players we already have. We had a bit of a council cleanup and took a gamble on Hampson. There was no need for the broom to come sweeping though like we had to do when we started our rebuilding phase. We don't need change for change's sake.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #575 on: October 17, 2013, 09:19:16 AM »
Myers??? Yes Please. For Helbig, any day of the week!!!

Get it done Tiges.  :clapping

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #576 on: October 17, 2013, 09:25:33 AM »
It shows that we have no balls that's what it shows Tiga

Foley would be on 300-350
Grigg 300-350
Edwards 250-300

There is 1 million right there

Clubs are paying overs for spuds in this trade period looking for experience and these 3 should gave been offered

We would not miss these 3 in the slightest and IMV have made a crucial mistake in thinking we are loaded for a flag tilt in the coming yrs with this list.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #577 on: October 17, 2013, 09:35:15 AM »
I can see what you are saying Dan, but now look at the three you mentioned and tell me who we could have picked up from other clubs in replacement of these players, remembering that the three players mentioned are starting 22 and not fringe spots that we can gamble with.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #578 on: October 17, 2013, 09:41:58 AM »

Grigg 300-350
Edwards 250-300

Clubs are paying overs for spuds in this trade period looking for experience and these 3 should gave been offered

We would not miss these 3 in the slightest and IMV have made a crucial mistake in thinking we are loaded for a flag tilt in the coming yrs with this list.

Spot on Gus  :thumbsup
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #579 on: October 17, 2013, 09:46:44 AM »
I hope we play hardball if anything Leroy Jetta,  in the right environment , he could be anything :shh

Errrrrr

No thanks

:lol

Same, no to Jetta.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #580 on: October 17, 2013, 09:50:41 AM »
I hope we play hardball if anything Leroy Jetta,  in the right environment , he could be anything :shh

Errrrrr

No thanks

:lol

Same, no to Jetta.

+2. Taking an erratic indigenous player from a club that is renowned for nurturing them well to a club that has one of the worst records for holding onto indigenous players?? Maybe Choco has the skills to change this trend but on current form, its a big no from me.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #581 on: October 17, 2013, 10:38:58 AM »
2013 Offseason News ‏@theafloffseason twitter:-

Billy Longer has been strongly linked with a move to St Kilda this morning.

--------------------------------------------------------

GWS is now considering adding Andrejs Everitt to its list. Everitt has spoken to West Coast and St Kilda, but favours remaining in Sydney, where he has spend the past three seasons.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-17/trade-winds-thursday

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #582 on: October 17, 2013, 10:43:08 AM »

Grigg 300-350
Edwards 250-300

And this was my problem with the way they were going about the Martin deal. Those 3 players is where the line should of been drawn, not with Martin. Lucky the deal got over the line, we need to renegotiate players deals like the 3 mentioned when they come up and have them sitting at about 200k, otherwise they can leave. We must keep our top line players.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #583 on: October 17, 2013, 11:51:28 AM »
Who here is Toothless Tiger on the sportal forums?  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #584 on: October 17, 2013, 12:21:50 PM »
North Melbourne key defender Luke Delaney has requested a trade to St Kilda.

@KROCKFootball - Have had confirmation ex-Geelong defender Josh Hunt met with @GWS_Giants for a medical and tour of facilities.

Taylor Adams’ manager Scott Lucas told Gillette AFL Trade Radio on Wednesday that Shaw's decision to choose the Giants meant it was more likely that Adams would reach Collingwood. However the youngster is keeping his options open and is yet to nominate a preferred club.

http://www.afl.com.au/trade-period/trade-radio
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-17/giants-pies-seek-shaw-shot?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed