Author Topic: Knights to coach Richmond rumour  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Knights to coach Richmond rumour
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2009, 12:34:50 AM »
this thread still going  :lol get a life some of you its & rubbish rumour some drugged up dick started

this thread is a good thread but yes the knights rumour is crap imho.

I bloody hope so
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Ramps

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2009, 12:37:48 AM »
this thread still going  :lol get a life some of you its & rubbish rumour some drugged up dick started

I bloody hope so

i get the feeling we will stuff up the coaching appointment, they will give it to Rawlings. :banghead

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2009, 12:59:18 AM »

I bloody hope so

i get the feeling we will stuff up the coaching appointment, they will give it to Rawlings. :banghead

Well Ramps, if they do that, then i've only got one thing to say to Brett Deledio, and that is "get out now" because you are about to waste another two to three years of your footballing life. 
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2009, 01:04:17 AM »

I bloody hope so

Well Ramps, if they do that, then i've only got one thing to say to Brett Deledio, and that is "get out now" because you are about to waste another two to three years of your footballing life. 
1) Who would you rather have as coach, and why?
2) Why do you think Rawlings would be a poor coach?

Offline tugga

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2009, 01:23:00 AM »

I bloody hope so

Ummm, yeah.
Rawlings has done nothing to suggest he is incapable of doing the job.
I bet you're a Sheedy wannabe.
We will rise again and when we do, they will know.

Ramps

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2009, 06:33:41 AM »
I would have been a supporter of Malthouse as coach. Sheedy was never the coach for mine. Now that Malthouse is gone, Id prefer to see Damien Hardwick get it, Allan Richardson as 2nd choice, with Ken Hinkley 3rd.

Rawlings seems way to much mates with the players. Being mates with players is good as long as things are going well or theres nothing on the line- like the last few games in a season, but coaches being mates with players becomes a problem when things start to go sour. I have said this before, someone like Hardwick should be appointed and Jade should be given a new job as head of player development. Ive always supporterd a soccer style academy for AFL clubs for players under 23. Give Rawlings that job and if he wants to coach Coburg he can do that as well. That seems like a win win situation to me.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2009, 07:31:38 AM »
I would have been a supporter of Malthouse as coach. Sheedy was never the coach for mine. Now that Malthouse is gone, Id prefer to see Damien Hardwick get it, Allan Richardson as 2nd choice, with Ken Hinkley 3rd.

Rawlings seems way to much mates with the players. Being mates with players is good as long as things are going well or theres nothing on the line- like the last few games in a season, but coaches being mates with players becomes a problem when things start to go sour. I have said this before, someone like Hardwick should be appointed and Jade should be given a new job as head of player development. Ive always supporterd a soccer style academy for AFL clubs for players under 23. Give Rawlings that job and if he wants to coach Coburg he can do that as well. That seems like a win win situation to me.
Mates with the players? Ask Bowden, Simmonds, Tuck, Rance etc if he is trying to be their mates!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2009, 07:36:03 AM »

I'm not interested either (unless he goes through the process and comes up trumps - can't see that happening) and I think the most relevant quote in your post was "Many rumours of disquiet between the senior Bomber players and the coach."  You have to ask why.

Typical Richmond supporter. Always backing the players over the coach.... even at other clubs  ::)

:)

In all seriousness,  I ask why because if he can't get the playing group playing for him then his days as a senior coach are numbered, regardless of who's fault it is.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2009, 04:37:58 PM »
Schwarz on SEN just now has jumped on the Knights rumour. He started off by saying like Benny Gale another former Tiger may be heading back to Punt Rd. He then says he's heard Knights has been or will be interviewed by Richmond as part of their coaching process.

Dermie then added that he's heard Knights had enemies .... make that major differences .... with others at Essendon on principles. If the above rumour is true it'll say more about Essendon than Richmond. If he has a contract but wants out then you'd let him walk.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2009, 04:49:46 PM »
Schwarz on SEN just now has jumped on the Knights rumour. He started off by saying like Benny Gale another former Tiger may be heading back to Punt Rd. He then says he's heard Knights has been or will be interviewed by Richmond as part of their coaching process.

Dermie then added that he's heard Knights had enemies .... make that major differences .... with others at Essendon on principles. If the above rumour is true it'll say more about Essendon than Richmond. If he has a contract but wants out then you'd let him walk.

I like that Gale is back...

....but please not Matthew Knights as coach!!  :pray
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Tigermonk

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2009, 04:58:40 PM »
Schwarz on SEN & tv matter of fact is a stupid goose

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2009, 05:26:23 PM »
Richmond Hierachy:

Board Member: Tony Free

Coach: Matthew Knights
Ass. Coach: Wayne Campbell
Ass. Coach: Kane Johnson

Whose next Jeff Hogg? lol
Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2009, 05:33:09 PM »
Richmond Hierachy:

Don't forget the new CEO
I'm very happy with Benny Gale's appointment, however I'll be more than happy to have every one of those listed above to not be at the club. Would rather Hardwick than Knights, it'd be kinda poetic I reckon.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2009, 05:51:20 PM »
Yeah should have added Benny but our last 4 club captains are all now at the helm of the club, think Hogg was the one before Free.

Kinda puts to rest that the club has no soul thanks Caro. Gee Footy Classified will be good tonight.
Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2009, 05:55:14 PM »
Richmond Hierachy:

Nah would have to be Nick Daffy wouldn't it  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)