Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 180695 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #1365 on: October 15, 2015, 09:24:50 PM »
This Collingwood crap is pooting me. Treloar and Aish, two top line mids, Howe and who next??

Would love to see Richmond trump them with Aish!!!

There's no way Collingwood will land both without a second first round pick, it's going to be interesting to see where that comes from😉

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1366 on: October 15, 2015, 09:28:37 PM »
Dan Richardson just on Trade Radio

Spoke about Bennell - may change a few people's view on how our club handled it

For anyone who don't think we didn't go hard after him is kidding

Said:

* RFC flew Bennell over from Perth for the meetings
* His actions and those of his management showed disrespect to the Club's process, extremely disappointed
* wouldn't confirm or deny the missing the medical thing
* said the club wouldn't disrespect the kid and give out details as to why we passed on him as he is a Freo player

Once the summary is up on the AFL site we will post it
I'm hearing the verbal offer we made was what caused the lack of respect from the Bennell camp. Everyone knows the kid has been in some trouble but I think Dan the man outsmarted himself with this one. Now he is trying to save face by going on radio and giving nothing and implying it was all the Bennell camps fault.
Anyway it's done now but let's not all think the RFC doesn't make mistakes....

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1367 on: October 15, 2015, 09:29:29 PM »
Jeeeeeesus how many players are collingwood recruiting?

Hooooow many spors do they have on their list??

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1368 on: October 15, 2015, 09:32:37 PM »
This Collingwood crap is pooting me. Treloar and Aish, two top line mids, Howe and who next??

Would love to see Richmond trump them with Aish!!!

There's no way Collingwood will land both without a second first round pick, it's going to be interesting to see where that comes from😉

Yeah could end up very bad for them too if they start trading picks for years to come.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1369 on: October 15, 2015, 09:36:42 PM »

Said:

* His actions and those of his management showed disrespect to the Club's process, extremely disappointed
* said the club wouldn't disrespect the kid and give out details as to why we passed on him as he is a Freo player

I'm hearing the verbal offer we made was what caused the lack of respect from the Bennell camp. Everyone knows the kid has been in some trouble but I think Dan the man outsmarted himself with this one. Now he is trying to save face by going on radio and giving nothing and implying it was all the Bennell camps fault.
Hearing from whom?  His own manager said he didn't have an offer before the medical so was he telling porkies then or is he telling porkies now or are you or your source making poo up?   Keeping in mind the damage was done before the medical.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1370 on: October 15, 2015, 09:48:48 PM »
From Twitter Treloar tokes all but done

@theafloffseason: Collingwood have submitted paperwork for Adam Treloar this evening, handing over two first-round picks (2015 +... http://t.co/UdNrh5w3nQ
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1371 on: October 15, 2015, 09:57:17 PM »
From Twitter Treloar tokes all but done

@theafloffseason: Collingwood have submitted paperwork for Adam Treloar this evening, handing over two first-round picks (2015 +... http://t.co/UdNrh5w3nQ
Honestly not the worst result. Wont be a great second rounder if Gws do well next year (which they will) and the pies have to cough up 2 first rounders during their "rebuild". I reckon we might have forced the price up. WP tigers!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1372 on: October 15, 2015, 09:58:23 PM »

Said:

Hearing from whom?  His own manager said he didn't have an offer before the medical so was he telling porkies then or is he telling porkies now or are you or your source making poo up?   Keeping in mind the damage was done before the medical.
Hearing from 2 different people. 1 pretty close to the club. The other with connections to another club.
Believe what you like but I'm told a verbal offer was discussed BEFORE the missed medical and the late night, which might make some sense as to why the medical was missed.
From listening to Scott Lucas (player manager) on SEN "an offer" is a written offer, discussing figures isn't an offer.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1373 on: October 15, 2015, 10:04:54 PM »
@AFLTrade: Trade will be lodged tomorrow that's sees Collingwood trade their 1st round picks in this years & next years draft for Treloar & 2nd rd pick
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #1374 on: October 15, 2015, 10:26:28 PM »
OK folks.
How are these clubs getting the guns..Are we prudent ,hopeless ,or just not interested?

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1375 on: October 15, 2015, 10:59:15 PM »
The middle one

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1376 on: October 15, 2015, 11:04:52 PM »
I suppose when you try to hammer in a culture of not paying overs for anybody it makes it hard to then go and throw the sink at good players when you need them without upsetting the prima donnas at the club.

Good idea when you have young guns coming through who want too much money, but also a bad idea when your team is average at best and one day you might need to actually throw that proverbial sink to bridge the gap...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1377 on: October 15, 2015, 11:23:26 PM »
Bombers look like using the Giants' need for draft points to get their academy players, to gain another top 10 pick.

GWS swap pick 8 (1551 points)
for
Essendon's pick 23 (815) & pick 25 (756) = 1571 points

GWS better off with picks 23 & 25 to use on academy players (Jacob Hopper and Matthew Kennedy)

GWS will get No.7 (1644 pts) off Coll for Treloar.

Same deal. Rival clubs all over it, trying to improve multiple, lower choices.

https://twitter.com/ClarkyHeraldSun/

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1378 on: October 15, 2015, 11:33:10 PM »

Said:

Hearing from 2 different people. 1 pretty close to the club. The other with connections to another club.
Believe what you like but I'm told a verbal offer was discussed BEFORE the missed medical and the late night, which might make some sense as to why the medical was missed.
From listening to Scott Lucas (player manager) on SEN "an offer" is a written offer, discussing figures isn't an offer.
so lets get this right.
your saying that a verbal offer was made, but according to scott luvas an offer is only in writing and anything verbal is not an offer?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1379 on: October 16, 2015, 12:26:32 AM »
Bombers look like using the Giants' need for draft points to get their academy players, to gain another top 10 pick.

GWS swap pick 8 (1551 points)
for
Essendon's pick 23 (815) & pick 25 (756) = 1571 points

GWS better off with picks 23 & 25 to use on academy players (Jacob Hopper and Matthew Kennedy)

GWS will get No.7 (1644 pts) off Coll for Treloar.

Same deal. Rival clubs all over it, trying to improve multiple, lower choices.

https://twitter.com/ClarkyHeraldSun/
A nice way to upgrade our first rounder.

Would GWS prefer pick 12?

Pick 12 (1268) + pick 45 (287) = 1555 pts

Pick 8 = 1551 pts

Alternatively, GWS's pick 7 is worth 1644 pts. So, we would need to offer pick 31 (606 pts) along with pick 12 which is significantly overs (1874 pts in total). I'd guess we could make this part of the Townsend trade to even it up.

Pick 7 + Townsend ----> Rich

Pick 12 + 31 -----> GWS

The draft pick points values are listed here: http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/biddingsystemfeedback.pdf
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd