Author Topic: Assistant coaches [merged]  (Read 50862 times)

Online Hart4Jack

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Assistant coaches [merged]
« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2023, 05:50:31 PM »
Yep. Shame it wasn't Teague who left.

One more spot to fill but I bet we won't and a few posters will blame the soft cap again  :lol

Yeah we'll probably need a New man

You're such a negative nellyl

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2023, 06:16:15 PM »

One more spot to fill but I bet we won't and a few posters will blame the soft cap again  :lol

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Hart4Jack

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2023, 06:35:36 PM »

:rollin :rollin

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2023, 08:56:07 PM »

We won't because he's contracted and the new coach you know him; some bloke called Yze has said that the majority of the assistants will be staying because they're contracted

Better bag the new bloke for that  :lol
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2023, 09:18:18 PM »
Xavier Clarke has left to be an assistant coach at Norf.

---------------------------------------

We're pleased to confirm that Xavier Clarke will join the club as an assistant coach 📋

Xavier brings a wealth of experience to Arden Street, after playing a key part in the success at Richmond throughout the past eight seasons.

https://twitter.com/NMFCOfficial/status/1706560545703547247

RFC Club farewell statement:

Richmond General Manager, Football Performance - Tim Livingstone thanked Clarke for his contribution to the Club.

“We would like to thank Xavier for his efforts across the past seven years working in our football program,” he said.

“Xavier expressed an interest in moving on from Richmond to further his coaching credentials and expand his experiences, which we understand.

“He certainly made a big impact at our Club, and we wish him and his family all the best for the future.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1440839/xavier-clarke-to-depart

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #245 on: September 27, 2023, 05:45:17 AM »
Sad to see Clarke go but completely understand why he left.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #246 on: September 27, 2023, 01:50:46 PM »

We won't because he's contracted and the new coach you know him; some bloke called Yze has said that the majority of the assistants will be staying because they're contracted

Rutten was on a 1 year deal mate last year very sure on that Teague gets to much blame our forward line was high scoring last year and this year it was crippled with injuries and now rejuvenation. All I will say is the club needs to invest in the footy department no short cuts.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: September 27, 2023, 02:08:38 PM »

Rutten was on a 1 year deal mate last year very sure on that Teague gets to much blame our forward line was high scoring last year and this year it was crippled with injuries and now rejuvenation. All I will say is the club needs to invest in the footy department no short cuts.

I don't think truck or Teague were the issue this year personally.

Some very questionable selections by Mini who might have been coaching with his hands tied in a sense.

Keen to see how we go next year with fresh leadership at the top.

Also keen to see who our captain(a) is/are

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: September 27, 2023, 02:28:36 PM »

he said they are all contracted? Also since when do contracts mean anything

mcqualter, newy, clarke, ratts, Grigg, all out of contract?

seems an awful lot of coaches out of contract  :shh

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #249 on: September 27, 2023, 03:03:52 PM »

Rutten was on a 2 year deal. My understanding is/was all our assistants contracts were due to expire when Dimma's did = end of 2024

And Frankie just for you and I'll try my best to make it simple.

1/ I never said ALL were contracted. I said like the article (interview with Yze) does the MAJORITY are contracted

2/ as is the norm if an assistant asked to be released from their contract to go to another club, they generally get released. They don't get paid out, they just go. This isn't ground breaking stuff

3/ the names you've listed to try and ,are whatever point your trying to make:

Ratts- part time gig at N0rt, so yeah 1 year deal
Newy - final year of his current contract
Clarke - contracted by asked to be released
McQualter- contracted but likely to ask for a release
Grigg - see Newy

But whatever

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #250 on: September 27, 2023, 04:35:07 PM »

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: September 27, 2023, 07:19:45 PM »
To blame Teague and Rutten is naive for me. Dimma and Mini were at captaining the ship. I think under Yze I will be interested to see how they go.

I got no issue with Rutten our defence wasn't to bad this year needs work , but alot of mistakes were individual errors by players and his proven before his good backline coach.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2023, 08:20:40 PM »
No gibcus for year No Tarrant for most of year. Floss did not start the year well and Grimes had a poor year by his standards. Noah going rorward and back. Poor skills and a constant lack of midfield pressure. Rutten cannot be blamed for that

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #253 on: September 28, 2023, 08:46:30 PM »

Rutten was on a 2 year deal. My understanding is/was all our assistants contracts were due to expire when Dimma's did = end of 2024

And Frankie just for you and I'll try my best to make it simple.

1/ I never said ALL were contracted. I said like the article (interview with Yze) does the MAJORITY are contracted

2/ as is the norm if an assistant asked to be released from their contract to go to another club, they generally get released. They don't get paid out, they just go. This isn't ground breaking stuff

3/ the names you've listed to try and ,are whatever point your trying to make:

Ratts- part time gig at N0rt, so yeah 1 year deal
Newy - final year of his current contract
Clarke - contracted by asked to be released
McQualter- contracted but likely to ask for a release
Grigg - see Newy

But whatever

Thanks for making my point clearer. Contracts dont mean jack. If they want to be broken they would be.

Lets be honest you have no idea who is on a contract, and i very much doubt Teague is on a contract that extends beyond this year. He isnt leppa or mcqualter and has proven sfa as an assistant and coach.

I dont remember Yze ever mentioning most are on contracts, but i may have missed it. Seems very strange a new coach would publicly state coaches are contracted or not.

Also you are the one who rambles on about contracts and not breaking them, soft cap this soft cap that.

As for your comment George I have always said Truck needs one more year as he has only been back for one. He was valuable as an assistant. Teague has had enough chances IMO and is a proven dud.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2023, 08:49:49 PM »
Lambert is contracted for 2024.