Author Topic: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron  (Read 196163 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron
« Reply #720 on: December 21, 2015, 11:29:08 AM »
Ted: ...OK, one last time. These are small... but the ones out there are far away. Small... far away... ah forget it!

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

dwaino

« Reply #721 on: December 21, 2015, 01:15:16 PM »
"They say it's as big as four cats, and has a retractable leg so it can leap up at you better, and it lights up at night and it's got four ears, two are for listening and the other two are kind of back up ears, and it's claws are as big as cups and for some reason it's got a tremendous fear of stamps. Mrs Doyle was telling me it's got magnets on it's tail, so if you're made of metal it can attach itself to you, and instead of a head it's got four arses"

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #722 on: December 21, 2015, 02:07:27 PM »
stuffn coppers solve murders within 48 hours and they can't work out
this one.

What a corrupt country.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #723 on: December 21, 2015, 04:41:39 PM »
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #724 on: December 21, 2015, 04:47:39 PM »
 :lol
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #725 on: December 21, 2015, 07:56:48 PM »
the media beat up is sickening.
the only thing he is currently guilty of is being drunk in a public place & being that pre season is underway that may be outside team rules....

ppl calling for punishment now simply want blood, it's still under investigation by the police... James Hird was never stood down pending an investigation & that case was before the Courts (fair further along than this case is atm) & he was & still is by law not guilty until proven otherwise!

Huge difference with the Hird scenario, his court case was a civil matter not a criminal one

But I get your point

A huge difference as in 1 is an investigation into a drug lab injecting regime involving 20+ young men with illegal and dangerous substances

and the other

a drunken verbal comment?

Why the lack of support behind our club and player WP? Seem all you have done is play devils advocate. I'm all up for protecting woman against violence but it is clear as day that the media and public figures are using Dusty as a scapegoat for the cause. Bleedingly obvious. I'm not interested in throwing him under a bus from an obvious mistake.

Where was this hysteria when Jurrah belted his Mrs with a metal pole?
Go Tigers!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #726 on: December 21, 2015, 09:26:17 PM »
I have a question/a hypothetical if you will. Perhaps the posters on this site would feel free to engage.

The evidence is so damning and clear cut against Martin as presented by the mainstream media. So we are led to believe. So why would it be taking such a duration of time to press any charges if it's so straight forward? Is this normal?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #727 on: December 21, 2015, 10:34:29 PM »
I have a question/a hypothetical if you will. Perhaps the posters on this site would feel free to engage.

The evidence is so damning and clear cut against Martin as presented by the mainstream media. So we are led to believe. So why would it be taking such a duration of time to press any charges if it's so straight forward? Is this normal?

Maybe because the coppers are too busy solving real crimes like murders, assaults and robberies and will get to the lesser crimes like walrus imitation and chopsticks wielding a bit later?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #728 on: December 21, 2015, 10:35:36 PM »
'Channel,seven have stfu.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #729 on: December 21, 2015, 11:46:18 PM »
Drunken comment to a rude slappr

Vs

Banned ped horse juice, could cause cancer deformed kids ...

#standbymaori

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #730 on: December 22, 2015, 07:42:10 AM »

A huge difference as in 1 is an investigation into a drug lab injecting regime involving 20+ young men with illegal and dangerous substances

and the other

a drunken verbal comment?

"illegal" substances? There was no investigation into "illegal" substances. It was an investigation into "banned" substances under a sporting drug code. Again there is a massive difference right there. Hird was never investigated for taking banned substances because under the WADA code he couldn't be, as a coach taking a banned substance isn't an offence. Is that parto fo the code right? Absolutely not but they are the rules. Hird wasn't stood down because the EFC didn't have the guts to do it.

His pointless legal action was not a criminal matter, he wasn't on trial; it was a civil one so right or wrong; like it or not it not even remotely close to this "chopstick" gate

Where was this hysteria when Jurrah belted his Mrs with a metal pole?

Last time I checked Jurrah ended up in jail for that "effort" as well as other acts of violence against women.. so not the best example I wouldn't have thought

Why the lack of support behind our club and player WP? Seem all you have done is play devils advocate.

I support Dusty, but I am not going to sit here and say he didn't do a completely stupid, idiotic, moronic thing. I am not going to sit here a say he is the sole victim here because he isn't. 3-4 weeks into pre-season he goes out and gets himself so smashed he can't remember what he did or didn't do, that's not smart, that's stupid

He deserves to punished for being a an idiot. Do I believe he should cop 12 months, 15 games? No but he needs to cop some sort of whack.

If it was a player that people on here can't stand or a bloke in our bottom 10 and folks want out of the club I doubt the support would be there. The posts would be "sack him"

Forgive me for not excusing his behaviour simply because he is one of best players. In this situation all players should be treated the same..

As for "our" club. The Club has handled this abysmally.

It should have been over and done with after 72 hours but no; not our club. Oh way!

If "our" club had of come out, whacked said player, punished him with the obligatory fine (max $5k per the CBA), banned him from the pre-season comp and a H&A games, this would have been over so quickly. No cops, no media lynching, no hysteria. But no the good 'ole Tigers had Dan Richardson be flippant, Benny Gale say nothing for days when normally you can't shut him up...  and where are we now???

talk about stupidity 101

So yeah I am peeved with the Club, they have let Dusty down and they've let the members down (again) by handling it in such a way that they put our club in a position where it is getting whacked over and over.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #731 on: December 22, 2015, 10:31:54 AM »
Drugs na for use on humans, being used on humans doesn't sound too legal to me

With possible side affects including cancer and retarted babies

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #732 on: December 22, 2015, 06:04:32 PM »
Cleared by police.

Offline The Mole

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #733 on: December 22, 2015, 06:08:18 PM »
RICHMOND’S Dustin Martin will not face any police action for threatening to stab a woman with a chopstick.

The Herald Sun understands Martin has been told police will no longer pursue the criminal matter after the woman involved decided not to make a statement.

The woman said she wanted to protect herself from being identified at any potential future court hearing.

But she said the AFL and Richmond should now press ahead with their inquiry which she has co-operated with.

She said the league needed to take a tough stand against men who behaved aggressively towards women.

Martin has apologised to the woman over the incident at Chapel St’s trendy Mr Miyagi earlier this month.

A Victoria Police statement said: “Detectives from Stonnington Criminal Investigation Unit have conducted an extensive investigation after reports a woman was threatened by a man at a Chapel Street restaurant in Windsor on 5 December.”

“After reviewing CCTV footage and speaking to all parties involved, including numerous independent witnesses at the restaurant on the night, investigators determined that no criminal offence took place.

“Police take all reports of violence towards women seriously and investigate all complaints thoroughly.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/police-will-not-take-action-against-richmonds-dustin-martin-over-threats-against-woman/news-story/0bd9906c04ffd8e60721016415f5fdf2

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 06:15:49 PM by one-eyed »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
HUN: Dsuty won't be charged
« Reply #734 on: December 22, 2015, 06:08:31 PM »
No police action against Richmond’s Dustin Martin over chopstick threat
31 minutes ago
Herald Sun
Subscriber Exclusive Icon

RICHMOND’S Dustin Martin will not face any police action for threatening to stab a woman with a chopstick.

The Herald Sun understands Martin has been told police will no longer pursue the criminal matter after the woman involved decided not to make a statement.

The woman said she wanted to protect herself from being identified at any potential future court hearing.

But she said the AFL and Richmond should now press ahead with their inquiry which she has co-operated with.

She said the league needed to take a tough stand against men who behaved aggressively towards women.

Martin has apologised to the woman over the incident at Chapel St’s trendy Mr Miyagi earlier this month.

A Victoria Police statement said: “Detectives from Stonnington Criminal Investigation Unit have conducted an extensive investigation after reports a woman was threatened by a man at a Chapel Street restaurant in Windsor on 5 December.”

“After reviewing CCTV footage and speaking to all parties involved, including numerous independent witnesses at the restaurant on the night, investigators determined that no criminal offence took place.

“Police take all reports of violence towards women seriously and investigate all complaints thoroughly.”

From
BREAKING: Richmond's Dustin Martin avoids police action over chopstick threat. trib.al/SZNw42K
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)