Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 77488 times)

Offline Wellington Tiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #345 on: September 30, 2013, 10:43:31 PM »
ps. no need for the intro insult either to state your point, WT.
[/quote]
Sorry One-eyed,

I find it difficult to cope with ill-informed and biased fools who have regularly knocked Tiger players without just cause.

I promise not to do it again.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #346 on: September 30, 2013, 10:47:14 PM »
So what makes you think he is leaving??

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #347 on: September 30, 2013, 10:47:56 PM »
i cant see how anyone can blame us by not renewing that contract.

if he goes he goes.

good luck to him

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Port Adelaide has set its sights on Tiger free-agent Matt White (Adelaide Addy)
« Reply #348 on: September 30, 2013, 10:52:15 PM »
Port Adelaide has set its sights on Richmond Tigers free-agent Matt White

Michelangelo Rucci
    September 30, 2013 9:47PM

PORT Adelaide is poised to make another strategic strike in the AFL free-agent market by strengthening its midfield with Richmond wingman Matt White.

The Power confirmed its interest in the 26-year-old pacy Tiger who is an unrestricted free agent. This means the 105-game White can leave Richmond for the club of his choice - and Port is not the only suitor in the lead-up to a potentially busy AFL trade market.

White’s management has fielded offers from as many as five AFL clubs that include Carlton, Essendon, St Kilda and Melbourne.

White, who played 16 games this season but missed the finals, can declare his intentions on Friday when the free-agent market opens.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/port-adelaide-has-set-its-sights-on-richmond-tigers-free-agent-matt-white/story-fnfll94y-1226730302701#mm-breached

Offline Wellington Tiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #349 on: September 30, 2013, 10:52:57 PM »
i cant see how anyone can blame us by not renewing that contract.

if he goes he goes.

good luck to him
Put yourself in any Richmond players shoes Daniel.

Then take them off and put yourself in your grandmother's shoes who loves Richmond.

Would you continue to heap crap on Richmond?

gerkin greg

« Reply #350 on: September 30, 2013, 10:58:41 PM »
Old Greg  8)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #351 on: September 30, 2013, 10:59:32 PM »
Stick to the topic ppl without the insults or snip!

Offline Wellington Tiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #352 on: September 30, 2013, 11:09:36 PM »
Stick to the topic ppl without the insults or snip!
Let those who sow the seed reap the storm please One-Eyed.

dwaino

« Reply #353 on: September 30, 2013, 11:30:32 PM »
Thought he really stood in the last few games of 2012 when many thought he was playing for his career.  Solid soldier since and I'm actually a bit bummed  :-[

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #354 on: September 30, 2013, 11:40:31 PM »
Is this confirmed? Weak effort RFC IMO. He's a keeper.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:59:25 PM by Andyy »

the claw

« Reply #355 on: September 30, 2013, 11:51:27 PM »
without knowing the situation as far as what players are getting paid one angle is by signing white and a lot of others hurts  our ability to go after a player like taylor adams.
signing players like white mcguane jackson grigg king griffiths edwards to multiple yr contracts is now in all likely hood kicking us in the arse. the talk is we cant resign martin and we cant offer blokes like adams and longer enough or match other clubs offers.
im wondering how that can be.

if this is correct the club sure as hell is getting something very wrong when it comes to list management and more specific contracts. none of those mentioned should be getting more than one yr contracts because of their erratic form from yr to yr.most of em should have been cut ages ago.

im waiting with bated breath to see who and how many we cut ive said openly that 8 to 10 should go including rookies. yet it seems we are slowly but surely tying every one up bar  a few.further inhibiting our ability to go after quality and needed players.

it looks atm a lot like 95 and 01 where they thought they had the lists to become regular  top 4 when the truth was we were nowhere near it.
if the club fails at this watershed moment we can all look forward to many yrs back in the wilderness.
i've also asked openly how you expect to relace 8-10 players in one hit and have a decent chance of actually getting upgrades?
and ive replied in detail. not my problem if you wish to stick your head in the sand or be stupid about it.
theres a fair few clubs who have already cut between 6 and 8 players i suppose your wondering how they are going to do it as well. and thats without lists being finalised.

i will do it again for you
we will use 3/  4 nd picks will any of them be upgrades who knows they are kids. who even knows what picks we will end up with. you are not going to silly enough to suggest we dont use our nd picks because they may not end up better than what we have.  thats like saying bo we wont cut players to get a look at kids like vlastuin mcbean macdonough or mcintosh last yr. none were an ipgrade they were all taken on potential.so
4nd picks
one f/a
one psd 
one delisted player from another club. thats 6 to  7 to the list proper depending on if we use pick 64.

3/4 rookie picks used on
chris cain vfl 21 yo mid
david mirra  vfl  21 yo def
tom howson wafl 22yo def.

so it goes 
tuck retred   = chapman  thats an upgrade on a player who has gone of his own accord.
nahas dud  =  chris cain a clear upgrade
mcguane dud = laidler injuries permitting a far better player.
white gone in  f/a 3yrs 350k to port adelaide. lmfao. = 2 rnd pick  an upgrade or should be
derickx dud =  3rd rnd pick lol wont need much to upgrade on him will we.
 verrier  dud = mirra has at least made a vfl representative  side and looks to have all the tools to play afl a clear upgrade.
darrou r hasnt done enough to be kept = tom howson has played superbly for east fremantle this yr an upgrade.
lonergan r dud = chris cain chris cain can run kick and find the ball another vfl rep this yr and clearly better credentialled player than lonergan.
stephenson  battler. = jolly would only need to get halfway close to his best to upgrade on stephenson.

bud theres upgrades all over the place there it aint hard. theress others in other leagues who look better players than some we have.
id gladly give mitch thorpe another go hes done more than griffiths to date in fact he absolutely tore the tsl apart this yr.

as i said it aint hard to do better than a whole pile of the players we have. but  in fairness replacing below standard players with slightly better isnt after all  a hard thing to do.

the claw

« Reply #356 on: September 30, 2013, 11:54:20 PM »
lol at 3yrs and 350k hes definately a let go type.its unbelievable what some clubs offer players.
350k is what we would be paying taylor adams i know which one id rather see us try to get and keep.
see ya matty enjoy ya time at port. :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #357 on: September 30, 2013, 11:59:21 PM »
Now we can get Adams
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #358 on: October 01, 2013, 12:02:19 AM »
Port are mad for offering him 3 years @ 350k. He will be delisted and paid out by the time the 3rd year rolls up and I love the way the Port supporting tosser Rucci has worded it. Making Poort sound like some superpower of the comp :D

They're only doing it because they're still burning that we poached Chaplin off them
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #359 on: October 01, 2013, 02:18:15 AM »
Dissappointed that Matt White has chosen to move on after a low ball offer from RFC for list management reasons.

Should have been a few pushed out before MW and how King, Foley & Grigg have gained lengthier & healthier contract terms is a mystery.

Thanks for your efforts Matt at RFC and congrats on the Most Improved Award.

A True Tiger that worked to gain every molecule of effort from the DNA cluster.